DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Locked Down (2021, W: Knight, D: Liman) S: Hathaway, Ejiofor (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/652145-locked-down-2021-w-knight-d-liman-s-hathaway-ejiofor.html)

dex14 01-05-21 11:32 AM

Locked Down (2021, W: Knight, D: Liman) S: Hathaway, Ejiofor

Just as they decide to separate, Linda (Anne Hathaway) and Paxton (Chiwetel Ejiofor) find life has other plans when they are stuck at home in a mandatory lockdown. Co-habitation is proving to be a challenge, but fueled by poetry and copious amounts of wine, it will bring them closer together in the most surprising way.
This was shot like 3 months ago.

TheMovieman 01-08-21 10:09 AM

Re: Locked Down (2021, W: Knight, D: Liman) S: Hathaway, Ejiofor

I like both of them and have HBO Max "free" (with my HBO subscription) so will check this out.

fujishig 01-08-21 10:17 AM

Did Hathaway sign some kind of multi film deal to make HBO Max exclusives or is it just coincidence she's in this and the Witches?

jpcamb 01-08-21 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13870794)
Did Hathaway sign some kind of multi film deal to make HBO Max exclusives or is it just coincidence she's in this and the Witches?

she was also in a serialized show this year for two episodes... forget what it was called but it is based on an NYT column or something. I'll probably check this out but still have not watched Witches.

Deftones 01-08-21 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13870794)

The Witches was supposed to be a theatrical release, but got moved to HBO Max. Coincidence, I'd say.

dex14 01-08-21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13870823)
she was also in a serialized show this year for two episodes... forget what it was called but it is based on an NYT column or something. I'll probably check this out but still have not watched Witches.

That was for Amazon in 2019.

The Witches wasn’t planned for HBOMax. This was made for it.

fujishig 01-08-21 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13870832)
The Witches was supposed to be a theatrical release, but got moved to HBO Max. Coincidence, I'd say.

The Witches was going to be a theatrical release? Yikes.

Rob V 01-08-21 12:54 PM

sounds boring

sherm42 01-16-21 10:10 PM

Anyone see this? My family watched this tonight. I really liked this, but the robbery part of the movie was a small part of the film. It was really about the main characters’ relationship. I enjoyed this. A very well made film given it was shot during COVID.

GoldenJCJ 01-16-21 10:35 PM

It looks alright, I’m just not sure I’m ready to start watching movies about people in quarantine while I’m still in quarantine. Assuming I don’t forget all about this movie, I’ll catch it sometime down the road.

davidh777 02-01-21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by sherm42 (Post 13875915)
Anyone see this? My family watched this tonight. I really liked this, but the robbery part of the movie was a small part of the film. It was really about the main characters’ relationship. I enjoyed this. A very well made film given it was shot during COVID.

Yeah, the heist aspect was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was well-done but a difficult watch, partly because of the relationship and partly because we’re going through the same COVID feelings as they are. It’ll be interesting to see if it plays better for me once we’re past all this,

Shannon Nutt 02-01-21 04:48 PM

I watched this about a week ago. It wasn't great, but it was a nice distraction for the afternoon. Chiwetel is solid in this. Hathaway? Meh. But it's not her worst performance.

sherm42 02-03-21 09:21 PM

I liked Hathaway a lot in this. She was so bizarre and unstable, but not in a crazy way.