Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Beatles: Get Back (2021, D: Peter Jackson) -- documentary

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-21-20, 11:04 AM

Received 978 Likes on 660 Posts

PETER JACKSON REVEALS SNEAK PEEK OF HIS UPCOMING MUSIC DOCUMENTARY
“THE BEATLES: GET BACK” ONLINE AND STREAMING ON DISNEY+

Feature-Length Film Opens in Theatres August 27, 2021

Acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson has released an exclusive sneak peek of his upcoming documentary “The Beatles: Get Back” for fans everywhere to enjoy. The 5-minute special look is available to fans worldwide on TheBeatles.com and streaming on Disney+.

Jackson said, “We wanted to give the fans of The Beatles all over the world a holiday treat, so we put together this five-minute sneak peek at our upcoming theatrical film ‘The Beatles: Get Back.’ We hope it will bring a smile to everyone’s faces and some much-needed joy at this difficult time.”

Acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson’s “The Beatles: Get Back” is a unique cinematic experience that takes audiences back in time to The Beatles’ intimate recording sessions during a pivotal moment in music history. The film showcases the warmth, camaraderie and creative genius that defined the legacy of the iconic foursome. Shot in January 1969 and compiled from over 60 hours of unseen footage (filmed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg) and more than 150 hours of unheard audio, all of which has been brilliantly restored, “The Beatles: Get Back” is the story of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr as they plan their first live show in over two years and charts the writing and rehearsing of 14 new songs, originally intended for release on an accompanying live album. The film features – for the first time in its entirety – The Beatles' last live performance as a group, the unforgettable rooftop concert on London’s Savile Row as well as other songs and classic compositions featured on the band’s final two albums, Abbey Road and Let It Be.

An exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and three-time Oscarģ-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “They Shall Not Grow Old”) presented by The Walt Disney Studios in association with Apple Corps Ltd. and WingNut Films Productions Ltd., “The Beatles: Get Back” is directed by Jackson, produced by Jackson, Clare Olssen (“They Shall Not Grow Old”) and Jonathan Clyde (“Eight Days A Week”), with Ken Kamins (“The Hobbit” trilogy) and Apple Corps’ Jeff Jones (“Eight Days A Week”) serving as executive producers. Jabez Olssen (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”) serves as the film’s editor, and the music is mixed by Giles Martin (“Rocketman”) and Sam Okell (“Yesterday”).

Read more at: https://www.thebeatles.com/news/beat...-peter-jackson

Last edited by dex14; 12-21-20 at 11:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jaymole (12-21-20)
Old 12-21-20, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts
Re: The Beatles: Get Back (2021, D: Peter Jackson) -- documentary

I'm front row center for this!

Without derailing things I hope Peter Jackson or Ken Burns (or someone of their caliber) would do a *even-handed* documentary about the Gene Roddenberry years of Star Trek (1965-1991)--back when the franchise had an actual cultural impact.

But, back to The Beatles! Eight Days a Week was a delightful treat and They Shall Not Grow Old was MIND-BLOWING! I'm stoked!
Old 12-21-20, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Really hope the original Let It Be gets a Blu-Ray release.
Old 12-21-20, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 473 Likes on 341 Posts

I love the Beatles. Iím on board for this.

Iím surprised that thereís 6 hours of never-before-seen Beatles footage, much less 56 hours!
Old 12-21-20, 03:42 PM

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

This looks great, based on that sneak peak. I'm already starting to hear Oscar-buzz about Andy Serkis's role as an all-CGI Yoko Ono.
Old 12-21-20, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Looking forward to this. But hopefully Jackson also takes the advice from the title and gets back to working on that Tintin sequel.
Old 12-21-20, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
This looks great, based on that sneak peak. I'm already starting to hear Oscar-buzz about Andy Serkis's role as an all-CGI Yoko Ono.
You canít fake this

Old 12-21-20, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 278 Posts

I like The Beatles a lot. I went through a period where I was hugely into them. Iím not quite the fan I used to be, but I still like them a lot and am interested in seeing this documentary.
Old 12-22-20, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm surprised Peter Jackson says that they are still editing this given that it was supposed to already be done and released in 2020 for the 50th anniversary of "Let It Be" (both album and film) and was only delayed due to Covid. Are they taking advantage of the Covid-caused delay to do even more editing?
Old 12-22-20, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
You can’t fake this

https://youtu.be/HdZ9weP5i68
I like her version of Pink Floyd's "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Old 12-22-20, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac View Post
I'm surprised Peter Jackson says that they are still editing this given that it was supposed to already be done and released in 2020 for the 50th anniversary of "Let It Be" (both album and film) and was only delayed due to Covid. Are they taking advantage of the Covid-caused delay to do even more editing?
It seems like you answered your own question.

But there was probably a pause down to lockdowns too.