Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Prey (2022, D: Trachtenberg) -- Predator prequel

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Prey (2022, D: Trachtenberg) -- Predator prequel

Old 02-15-21, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
re: Prey (2022, D: Trachtenberg) -- Predator prequel

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Dear Gawd.....I. Want. A. Female. Predator. In. This.
Amen

The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (02-16-21)
Old 02-16-21, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I got a modest amount of enjoyment out of the Rodriguez produced entry. That said, does no one realize that part of what made the original so great was that you had NO FUCKING CLUE what was going on. So much of what made the original the classic that it is, is fundamentally impossible to replicate.There's just no point in cranking these out anymore (except as a cash grab). Plus, much like the Terminator and Alien franchises, the Predator franchise has been prostituted to the point that even if someone went in with a fresh take, the waters are beyond muddied. It's a fools errand. I mean of ALL the franchises from the 20th century that they've attempted to resurrect in the last 20 years, George Miller and his maniac brain has been the only person to make a film as good or better than the films that preceded Fury Road. EVERY OTHER FILM from every other franchise, has been inferior. Across the board.
Old 02-16-21, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I got a modest amount of enjoyment out of the Rodriguez produced entry. That said, does no one realize that part of what made the original so great was that you had NO FUCKING CLUE what was going on. So much of what made the original the classic that it is, is fundamentally impossible to replicate.There's just no point in cranking these out anymore (except as a cash grab). Plus, much like the Terminator and Alien franchises, the Predator franchise has been prostituted to the point that even if someone went in with a fresh take, the waters are beyond muddied. It's a fools errand. I mean of ALL the franchises from the 20th century that they've attempted to resurrect in the last 20 years, George Miller and his maniac brain has been the only person to make a film as good or better than the films that preceded Fury Road. EVERY OTHER FILM from every other franchise, has been inferior. Across the board.
I said on forum I believe two Terminators ago, that if you put a Predator, Terminator or an Alien in a movie and I’ll go see it. I know full well it won’t be half as good as the first or second films in the franchise.
Ill also add that even though it’s not great, the most recent Halloween was the best sequel featuring Michael Myers since the second film.
Old 02-16-21, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I would consider the sixth Rocky, fourth Rambo and Creed 1+2 as on par. So if you put Stallone in it works.
Old 02-16-21, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Old 05-24-21, 10:08 AM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

We have learned that Amber Midthunder has been cast in 20th Century Studios’ upcoming Predator film, which is about to begin filming in Calgary, Alberta. Sources say that she will play the lead role in the film.

Amber Midthunder is an up-and-coming Native American actress, perhaps most known to fandom for her role as Kerry Loudermilk in Marvel and FX’s Legion. She currently stars in a series regular role as Rosa Ortecho in The CW’s Roswell, New Mexico. She is no stranger to sci-fi, as the show follows humans who help special aliens live undercover in a small rural town.

Midthunder will next appear in Jonathan Heinsleigh’s The Ice Road starring Liam Neeseon, Holt McCallany, and Laurence Fishburne. After a remote diamond mine collapses in the far northern regions of Canada, an ice driver plots an impossible rescue mission over a frozen ocean to save the lives of the trapped miners. The Ice Road will hit Netflix on June 25.

Following the success of 10 Cloverfield Lane, director Dan Trachtenberg’s take on Predator has been in the works since 2016 – long before the last film by Shane Black ever released. We have been following the project since late-2019, as we discovered the film’s title under the code name Skulls. Although, it seems they are still keeping this working title, which could suggest that Skulls may actually be what it’s called, but that’s just a guess for the time being.

This new Predator film is set to follow a Comanche woman who goes against the gender norms and traditions of her tribe to become a warrior. No other plot details or a potential release date are known yet, despite principal photography very close to beginning.

Patrick Aison is writing the screenplay. He has previously been a co-executive producer for USA’s Treadstone, supervising producer/writer for Amazon’s Jack Ryan and a consultant for Legion – tying back to Midthunder’s involvement.

John Davis will produce the film under the Davis Entertainment production banner. He has previously produced Chronicle, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Predator, Shaft, and Dolemite Is My Name. He also recently produced Dwayne Johnson’s Jungle Cruise for Disney.
https://discussingfilm.net/2021/05/2...ilm-exclusive/
Old 05-24-21, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yay! The world needs more Amber Midthunder!
Old 05-25-21, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

This new Predator film is set to follow a Comanche woman who goes against the gender norms and traditions of her tribe to become a warrior.
Wonder if this will take place in the current era, or if it's going to be a Western.

I'd really like to see the latter; the franchise could use a good shake-up, and get away from the Predators hunting soldiers.
DaveyJoe (05-26-21)
Old 05-25-21, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Something set further back in time would be cool. Different change of pace for the franchise along with centering around a warrior tribe.
Old 05-26-21, 08:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I remember seeing a fan film made during the middle ages. When glover was given the flintlock pistol I always thought they had a huge amount to work with.
Old 05-26-21, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Wonder if this will take place in the current era, or if it's going to be a Western.

I'd really like to see the latter; the franchise could use a good shake-up, and get away from the Predators hunting soldiers.
“Many years ago – in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands “
Old 05-26-21, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Yeah I've been waiting for a period piece Predator film for years now. The comic books and novels from the 90s played with this idea to great success, at least they entertained 12-year-old me.
Old 07-28-21, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ost-completed/

The movie is called Skull. It’s a prequel and according to reports it’s almost done filming.

Heres the original source, the producers were interviewed by Collider

https://collider.com/predator-new-mo...l-Distribution
Giantrobo (07-29-21)
Old 09-13-21, 12:15 PM

Old 11-12-21, 08:36 AM

On Disney+ Day, the studio announced that its new Predator movie was set to drop in summer 2022, and will be entitled Prey. For some time, the pic was shot under the title Skulls.

Deadline first told you about the project a year ago, with 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg directing. Today, we learned the plot line with the pic set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, following Naru, a skilled female warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.

The script was written by Patrick Aison, whose producer-writer credits include the series Kingdom, Jack Ryan and Treadstone.

Prey aka Skulls wrapped on Sept. 12 in Calgary as revealed by the pic’s DP Jeff Cutter on Instagram.

The Predator movies through six films, including two Alien vs. Predator movies, has grossed $750.8M at the global box office.

Few projects announced in the Disney+ sizzle reel yesterday had hard 2022 drop dates. There is a still from the movie and a logo which will be dropped later this morning and we’ll update you then.
https://deadline.com/2021/11/predato...te-1234872831/
Old 11-12-21, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Prey (2022, D: Trachtenberg) -- Predator prequel

The following 2 users liked this post by Why So Blu?:
IBJoel (11-12-21), MLBFan24 (11-12-21)
Old 11-12-21, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,055 Posts

The picture looks pretty cool! I don’t love the new title but it’s a lot better than Skulls and works nicely with “Predator”.
Old 11-12-21, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I like the new title. Somewhat creative.

Better than calling it "Predator" again, or "Predators", or Predatorsssss"

GoldenJCJ (11-12-21)
Old 11-12-21, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I like the new title. Somewhat creative.

Better than calling it "Predator" again, or "Predators", or Predatorsssss"
As a prequel I think Prepredator should have been used.
MLBFan24 (11-12-21)
Old 11-12-21, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

I meant to comment earlier that the poster looks good, and Amber Midthunder is great on the CWs Roswell New Mexico show. I have a feeling this will be fun to watch when it shows up on Hulu. I think I have seen all of the Predator films, Predator, Predator 2, Aliens Vs Predator (and the other A VS P film that should have been better than it turned out to be), Predators, and The Predator (and I just realized through Google that there was an 8 year gap between Predators and The Predator, although I could swear not that much time had passed). Despite the inconsistent quality or entertainment value of each film I clearly enjoy this franchise.
John Pannozzi (11-16-21)
Old 11-13-21, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Prey: A Predator Story

Agreed, Inhumans ... it didn't feel like 8 years between Predators and The Predator ... but it also hasn't felt like 11 years since Predators! I watched it again the other night and I have to say ... I always liked it, but it held up much better than I remembered!

Outside of Marvel, this is probably my most anticipated now.
John Pannozzi (11-16-21)
Old 11-13-21, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk God

The Predator from 2018 was such a disappointment, especially being a Shane Black movie. I watched it once in the theater and have never re-visited it.

Being that this is being sent to Hulu, I guess I can keep my expectations low and hopefully it will be a surprise.
Old 11-13-21, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Absolutely agree about the disappointment, especially with Shane black. I remember walking down to Navy Pier in Chicago and watching The Predator on a huge IMAX screen late at night with only two other people in the theater. The walk back to the hotel was a sad one. I did buy it for $10 to support the franchise and will pop it on from time to time, but I can't sit through it again. It works as background noise where I can pay attention to the good tidbits that remained in it and ignore the rest.

Sent to Hulu?
John Pannozzi (11-16-21)
Old 11-13-21, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Sent to Hulu?
It's a Hulu movie. Not being shown in theaters.
Old 11-13-21, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wha ... How ... Who ... Why ...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.