Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

All My Life (2020) - S: Jessica Rothe, Harry Shum Jr.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-15-20, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,732 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Based on the powerful true love story that inspired an entire nation, All My Life follows the journey of an engaged couple who make the difficult decision to accelerate their wedding in the wake of a devastating discovery. Jennifer Carter (Jessica Rothe, the Happy Death Day films) and Solomon Chau (Harry Shum Jr, Crazy Rich Asians) are a sweet, fun-loving, newly engaged couple whose whole life seems ahead of them. But when Sol is diagnosed with terminal liver cancer in December, their plans for a summer wedding become impossible. In a race against time, Jenn and Solís friends and family launch an online fundraiser to help the couple create their dream wedding in just two weeks. In the process, they unleash an outpouring of generosity and attention from people around the world who want to celebrate the power of love with them. Through it all, Jenn and Solís commitment to each other only deepens, becoming a heartwarming reminder that the strength of true love knows no limits.

All My Life is directed by Marc Meyers (My Friend Dahmer, Human Capital) from an original screenplay by Todd Rosenberg. The film is produced by Todd Garner and Sean Robins, producers of Tag and Playing with Fire, for Broken Road Productions, and is executive produced by Robin Mulcahy Fisichella and Gina Matthews.

I saw this trailer before seeing Freaky on Friday.

This looks very Nicholas Sparks like. I have a guilty pleasure for these kinds of movies.

This movie is however based on a very tragic true story of Soloman Chau and Jennifer Carter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...e-story-991366

He died 5 years ago at age 26 from liver cancer. He died 4 months after his wedding.

This comes out December 4th. If theatres are still open in my area, I'll try to see it.

Old 12-23-20, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: All My Life (2020) - S: Jessica Rothe, Harry Shum Jr.

This is available on demand today for $20

https://www.allmylifethemovie.com/

I know interest in this forum might be almost non-existent, but thought I would put it on your radars.

I do want to see this, but I don't think I can pull the trigger on $20. I'll likely wait until it hits Red Box.
Old 01-19-21, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Alright a month later, I did end up watching this after all.

I really enjoyed it. Shum and Rothe had really good chemistry. There was some really nice and moving moments between them. This type of story is kind of formulaic. It's been done before in a lot of Nicholas Sparks material like A Walk to Remember. But, I think that Shum and Rothe did a good job selling the love story between these 2 characters. You really felt for this couple and the anguish that Rothe's character Jenn felt knowing that her soon to be husband didn't have long to live. At the end, the film dedicated to the memory of Soloman Chau, who Shum played.

Recommended if you're a fan of material from Nicholas Sparks. This isn't for everyone. But, I really enjoy these kind of movies if the story is compelling and they cast it well and I think they did both here.
Old 03-20-21, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,052 Likes on 866 Posts

I liked the film, but then I watch Hallmark movies and the wife is a fan of Nicholas Sparks.

I thought the relationship between the characters was believable and sweet, and the plot didnít plunge too deeply into misery. Sad but not overwhelming. I know the leads from Happy Death Day and Glee, and while I wouldnít see this just for them, I like them fine, and theyíre not the kind who you see everywhere and thus canít really believe the characters because you just see the actors.

Sorry for rambling in your private thread, Djariya.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (03-21-21)