Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Old 10-17-20, 09:48 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,835
Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts
"Hey, you know that movie?" Game

I'll suggest a movie game for anyone interested.

Guess the movie by characters the actors played in another movie.

Example:

"Hey, you know that movie with Mina Harker, and Jack Ryan, and Batman, and the principal from Ferris Bueller's Day off, and the lady from SCTV, and the guy who used to host The Dick Cavett Show?"


Spoiler:


Answer:

Beetlejuice

Winona Ryder (Mina Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula)
Alec Baldwin (Jack Ryan in The Hunt For Red October)
Michael Keaton (Batman in Batman)
Jeffery Jones (the principal from Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
Catharine O'Hara (the lady from SCTV)
Dick Cavett (the guy who used to host The Dick Cavett Show)






You don't have to identify all the actors, just enough for you to figure out the movie.

I'll start with this one, anyone who'd like to contribute questions go right ahead.

"Hey, you know that movie with Mr. Blonde, and Ned "The Head" Ryerson, and Judas Iscariot, and Tyler Durden, and Dottie Hinson, and Janet Weiss?"
Old 10-17-20, 09:58 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:
Thelma and Louise




​​​​​​I will do one in a few minutes
Old 10-17-20, 10:03 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

"Hey, you know that movie with Marge Gunderson, Dr Manhattan, Truman Capote, Brodie Bruce and Jovie from Elf? I love that one."
Old 10-17-20, 10:35 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cumbernauld Scotland
Posts: 1,110
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:
Almost Famous




"Hey you know that movie with Jack Dawson, Lex Luthor, Jigsaw, Bishop, Robin Hood, Lt Dan and Ginger McKenna"
Old 10-18-20, 12:31 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,004
Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:
The Quick and the Dead



"Hey, you know that movie with that gal from Real Housewives, Riff Randall, Helen Tasker, and Blofeld"
Old 10-18-20, 04:13 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cumbernauld Scotland
Posts: 1,110
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:
Halloween
P.J Soles (Rock N Roll High School)
Jamie Lee Curtis (True Lies)
Donald Plesence (You Only Live Twice)


"Hey, you know that movie with Doc Brown, Charles Lee Ray, Dick Halloran, Vincent Benedict and Jimmy Hoffa?

Last edited by MR Round; 10-18-20 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-18-20, 04:22 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,646
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Hey, you know that movie with Tom Jones, Vivian Rutledge, Milton Arbogast, Ilsa Lund, James Bond, Hobson, Eliza Doolittle, Norman Bates, Jim Bowie, Basil Exposition and Dr. Watson?
Old 10-18-20, 11:47 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,835
Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Spoiler:
The Quick and the Dead




"Hey, you know that movie with that gal from Real Housewives, Riff Randall, Helen Tasker, and Blofeld"
Which actor from that movie was on the Real Housewives?
Old 10-18-20, 04:20 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,004
Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Which actor from that movie was on the Real Housewives?
Kyle Richards. She played Lindsey and is going to be reprising her role in the new ones.
Old 10-18-20, 06:52 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by MR Round
Spoiler:
Halloween
P.J Soles (Rock N Roll High School)
Jamie Lee Curtis (True Lies)
Donald Plesence (You Only Live Twice)




"Hey, you know that movie with Doc Brown, Charles Lee Ray, Dick Halloran, Vincent Benedict and Jimmy Hoffa?
Spoiler:
One Flew Over The Cuckcoo's Nest.

That won Hank Pym his first Oscar
Old 10-18-20, 06:55 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

New post because I can't get out of my Spoiler!

"Hey, you know that movie with Hermione, Dani, Rambling Rose, Saul Goodman, Lady Bird and her prom date? That was pretty good."
Old 10-18-20, 07:20 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,004
Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Hey, you know that movie with Tom Jones, Vivian Rutledge, Milton Arbogast, Ilsa Lund, James Bond, Hobson, Eliza Doolittle, Norman Bates, Jim Bowie, Basil Exposition and Dr. Watson?
Spoiler:
Murder on the Orient Express





Originally Posted by Decker
New post because I can't get out of my Spoiler!

"Hey, you know that movie with Hermione, Dani, Rambling Rose, Saul Goodman, Lady Bird and her prom date? That was pretty good."
Spoiler:
Little Women 2019





Speaking of Hermoine...

"Hey, you know that movie with Hermoine, Barry Allen, D'Artagnan, and Her? That was pretty good."
Old 10-18-20, 08:16 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,835
Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Kyle Richards. She played Lindsey and is going to be reprising her role in the new ones.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

Also, while looking up the cast earlier today to try and figure out who that was, I learned that Melanie Griffith's father played Laurie Strode's father in the movie (Side note: I've noticed his name in the end credits for years because it's Peter Griffith, which is so close to Peter Griffin from Family Guy, I'm convinced one of the writer's noticing this is what inspired the episode where Peter finds out Tom Tucker played Michael Myers in Halloween Part 4).
Old 10-18-20, 08:58 PM
  #14  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,068
Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by mwbmis
"Hey, you know that movie with Hermoine, Barry Allen, D'Artagnan, and Her? That was pretty good."
Spoiler:
Perks of being a Wallflower


Edit: shit... Maybe not that?? I suck at this.

"Hey, you know that movie with Carmen Ibanez, Mary Jane Watson, Rebecca Howe, Lois Lane, and C. J. Cregg? That was damn good."

Last edited by Dan; 10-18-20 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-18-20, 10:53 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cumbernauld Scotland
Posts: 1,110
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Dan
Spoiler:
Perks of being a Wallflower




Edit: shit... Maybe not that?? I suck at this.

"Hey, you know that movie with Carmen Ibanez, Mary Jane Watson, Rebecca Howe, Lois Lane, and C. J. Cregg? That was damn good."
Spoiler:
Drop Dead Gorgeous

"Hey, you know that movie with Bill The Butcher, Veronica Sawyer, Pamela Landy, Senator Robert Kelly and Charles Deetz? It was pretty good"
Old 10-19-20, 09:33 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,004
Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:
The Crucible



"Hey, you know that movie with Ed Masterson, Pepper Potts, Virginia Woolf, Dr. Lilith Crane, Jigsaw, 'Doc' McCoy, Patton, and Annie Sullivan? It was pretty good"
Old 10-19-20, 12:15 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,835
Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Hmmm, I feel like I know most of the cast, but can't figure out which movie they were in together.

Spoiler:

Bill Pullman - Ed Masterson,
Gwyneth Paltrow - Pepper Potts
Nicole Kidman - Virginia Woolf
Babe Neuworth - Dr. Lilith Crane
George C. Scott - Patton
Anne Bancroft - Annie Sullivan
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-19-20, 12:24 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,004
Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Hmmm, I feel like I know most of the cast, but can't figure out which movie they were in together.

Spoiler:

Bill Pullman - Ed Masterson,
Gwyneth Paltrow - Pepper Potts
Nicole Kidman - Virginia Woolf
Babe Neuworth - Dr. Lilith Crane
George C. Scott - Patton
Anne Bancroft - Annie Sullivan
Spoiler:









Those are all correct. Getting "Doc" McCoy might help. You have two of the three above the title leads, but he is top bill.
Old 10-19-20, 04:19 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,198
Received 1,115 Likes on 808 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

It's
Spoiler:
Malice

I don't have a new movie (yet)
Old 10-19-20, 04:39 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,198
Received 1,115 Likes on 808 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Hey, you know that movie with Bilbo Baggins, John Merrick, Maverick's boss, Andie Walsh's dad, and that Baltimore police commander? It's really good for Halloween time.

If you need the giveaway
Spoiler:
Dana Barrett is in it, too.


Old 10-19-20, 05:00 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Hey, you know that movie with Bilbo Baggins, John Merrick, Maverick's boss, Andie Walsh's dad, and that Baltimore police commander? It's really good for Halloween time.

If you need the giveaway
Spoiler:
Dana Barrett is in it, too.








I don't need the giveaway hint
Spoiler:
Alien




Spoiler:
But you should have mentioned Special Agent Alonzo Mosely





Last edited by Decker; 10-19-20 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added a second spoiler
Old 10-19-20, 05:02 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,557
Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

You know that movie with Elizabeth Swann, Daisy Buchanan and Eduardo Saverin? That movie messes me up every time.
Old 10-19-20, 05:15 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,198
Received 1,115 Likes on 808 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Decker
Spoiler:
But you should have mentioned Special Agent Alonzo Mosely





I wanted to do the roles from memory, so it was Homicide or Live and Let Die
Old 10-19-20, 05:26 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,198
Received 1,115 Likes on 808 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Originally Posted by Decker
You know that movie with Elizabeth Swann, Daisy Buchanan and Eduardo Saverin? That movie messes me up every time.
I apologize for answering another one, but I know this is
Spoiler:
Never Let Me Go



Quick spin: Eduardo Saverin directed by Maverick. Fred Claus is also in it. Oscar winner.
Old 10-19-20, 09:49 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,835
Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts
Re: "Hey, you know that movie?" Game

Spoiler:


Eduardo Saverin (?) directed by Maverick (Mel Gibson). Fred Claus (Vince Vaughn) is also in it. Oscar winner.

Hacksaw Ridge?



Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.