Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2020, W/D: Jim Cummings) S: Cummings, Forster, Lindhome

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2020, W/D: Jim Cummings) S: Cummings, Forster, Lindhome

Old 10-09-20, 11:11 AM

Received 4,693 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Welcome to Snow Hollow. From acclaimed filmmaker Jim Cummings comes The Wolf of Snow Hollow, On Demand and in theaters October 9.

Terror grips a small mountain town as bodies are discovered after each full moon. Losing sleep, raising a teenage daughter, and caring for his ailing father, officer Marshall struggles to remind himself there's no such thing as werewolves.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...of_snow_hollow
Old 10-09-20, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2020, W/D: Jim Cummings) S: Cummings, Forster, Lindhome

Appears they are going for a cross between Fargo and traditional horror flick. I would actually be more interested in this, if they would dump the dry humour.
Old 10-10-20, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,301 Likes on 2,117 Posts
Re: The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2020, W/D: Jim Cummings) S: Cummings, Forster, Lindhome

Looks alright. Iíve never seen him in anything before but based on the trailer Jim Cummings does not look like a very good actor. Iím not sure I can sit through an entire movie with him as the lead actor.

On the flip side, I may end up watching this to see Forster one last time. An actual great actor.
Old 10-11-20, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 309 Posts

I was a curious about this one as one of the closing films of Fantastic Fest Online this year. Didn't get to see it because it was only screening in chosen theaters during the festival.

There is a theater about an hour away that is screening this film during the week but I think I might try to rent it, as it's about the same price (after factoring cost of gas).
Old 10-25-20, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

Saw it last night and really enjoy this one. Both the writing and acting were excellent.
Old 10-26-20, 01:57 AM

Received 528 Likes on 376 Posts

The main character was so unlikable that it was hard to enjoy.

I think the movie would have been better if the story followed Lindhome's character and was a little more focused on the horror. They could keep the quirky small town Fargo stuff, but drop all the annoying alcoholic rage drama.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 10-26-20 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-26-20, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Great movie. But it's not a horror movie.
Spoiler:
It's a drama about a broken and his personal demons.
Old 05-01-22, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,048 Likes on 643 Posts

Just watched this, it's on Amazon Prime. I was disappointed.

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
The main character was so unlikable that it was hard to enjoy.

I think the movie would have been better if the story followed Lindhome's character and was a little more focused on the horror. They could keep the quirky small town Fargo stuff, but drop all the annoying alcoholic rage drama.
I agree with all of this. There was very little time devoted to the killings and there really wasn't much horror or even suspense. The locals weren't even very quirky. It was all kind of pointless. Lindhome's character was the only interesting and likeable one. Going by this movie, everyone in Utah is a raging asshole. They all seemed to hate each other and acted like jerks.