DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Twisters (2024, D: Chung) S: Edgar-Jones, Powell, Ramos (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/650760-twisters-2024-d-chung-s-edgar-jones-powell-ramos.html)

d2cheer 05-09-24 09:22 AM

Re: Twisters (2024, D: Chung) S: Edgar-Jones, Powell, Ramos

Agree this looks to more of a remake but no matter.

This look like it will be a fun time and also agree it should have kicked off May or Memorial Day weekend.

And again agree I had a blast with the first one in the theaters, it was a great experience. We went on a whim not expecting anything and it turned out to be fantastic.

windom 05-09-24 11:31 AM

The original Twister had a great song based soundtrack that I probably know better than the movie. It had some of my favorite artists at the time (Van Halen, Tori Amos, Lisa Loeb, Belly, Soul Asylum, Buckingham/Nicks) and others that I also enjoyed. That CD got a lot of play by me. I doubt this one will have anything like that. Do movies these days even have soundtracks like that they put out anymore?

Decker 05-09-24 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 14423108)
Given all the recent tornado activity in the midwest and elsewhere, I'm guessing the studio is kicking themselves for not releasing this on Memorial Day instead of the middle of July.

Given how poorly The Fall Guy performed on traditionally one of the biggest weekends of the year, without any real competition, I bet they are.

Geofferson 05-09-24 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 14423453)
The original Twister had a great song based soundtrack that I probably know better than the movie. It had some of my favorite artists at the time (Van Halen, Tori Amos, Lisa Loeb, Belly, Soul Asylum, Buckingham/Nicks) and others that I also enjoyed. That CD got a lot of play by me. I doubt this one will have anything like that. Do movies these days even have soundtracks like that they put out anymore?

Humans Being? Probably my favorite Hagar-era VH tune and they placed it perfectly in the movie.

Bluelitespecial 05-09-24 01:17 PM

It says at the end of the trailer there will be a soundtrack. The song in the trailer is called "Ain't no love in Oklahoma" by Luke Combs which is supposed to be released May 16th.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/tw...iversal-vinyl/

HeIsTheZissou 05-09-24 01:19 PM

This movie feels like a relic of the '90s. Which makes sense.

Michael Corvin 05-09-24 08:23 PM

The original is still great fun and hasn't aged that bad. This still looks like a pitiful remake. Going from Van Halen to a country song is all kinds of :yack:

Bluelitespecial 05-09-24 08:50 PM

I hope the soundtrack is a mix of Rock and Country songs.

story 05-09-24 09:31 PM

Maybe it's showing my age or whatever, but while the original was a summer classic when I was a teenager, when I saw the new trailer for this my first thought was, gosh, real people get their lives ruined by tornadoes, do we really need a movie about it? What an old man thought.

d2cheer 05-10-24 09:29 AM

Unfortunately if you go down that rabbit hole you can say that about a lot of movies and movie types.

Noonan 05-10-24 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by story (Post 14423780)
Maybe it's showing my age or whatever, but while the original was a summer classic when I was a teenager, when I saw the new trailer for this my first thought was, gosh, real people get their lives ruined by tornadoes, do we really need a movie about it? What an old man thought.

I haven't gotten to the point where I think that way about disaster movies but that's the main reason I can't watch some horror/thrillers anymore. Over the top slashers are fine but the ones more rooted in reality are films I tend to avoid these days.

Michael Corvin 05-10-24 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14423946)
I haven't gotten to the point where I think that way about disaster movies but that's the main reason I can't watch some horror/thrillers anymore. Over the top slashers are fine but the ones more rooted in reality are films I tend to avoid these days.

This heightens the tension for me where slashers are closer to comedies because of their absurdity.

windom 05-16-24 01:06 PM

Well, I do like the Shania Twain song on the Twister soundtrack, so at least they got her back. I'm guessing most of these people are country artists, but don't recognize most.

Meathead 05-16-24 01:19 PM

I heard the premiere of the Luke Combs song... sounds good. And yes, the first 10 names are all current country artists. Several others too that I recognize.

Bluelitespecial 05-16-24 01:47 PM

I don't mind the heavy country influence but do hope there's some rock songs on it. Both genres are a part of the Soundtrack of Oklahoma. I'm likely buying this album no matter what. "Ain't No Love in Oklahoma" is pretty good. I really do miss the days of these tie-in soundtracks to summer movies and it's neat to see them make a comeback.