Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Which did you like more, Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Which did you like more, Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame?
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
68.09%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
19.15%
Neither. Both overrated. Please explain. If want to...
10.64%
What are you high?
2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-20, 06:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

Simple as that. We never did this epic saga together. Which one did you get more overall enjoyment and satisfaction out of?

I’m going with Infinity War. Loved Endgame so much, but had some flaws. IW gives me more satisfaction, stand out moments and phenomenal story and acting. Just perfect for me.
Old 03-27-20, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,142 Likes on 2,024 Posts
Re: Which did you like more, Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame?

Oh good, for a second I thought you were done bumping/creating threads to talk about this movie.
Old 03-27-20, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,126 Likes on 887 Posts

Both are good, but I think Infinity War is better. I feel like it’s more rewatchable, and even though it’s kind of down and out it has a fun factor to it. I liked the character interactions in it and everyone being in the mix. That still was in Endgame but not as much since a lot of them were dusted. I feel like the portrayal of Thanos was better in Infinity War as well.
Old 03-27-20, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Endgame. That part where everyone arrives is probably be best minute of the whole MCU.
Old 03-27-20, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Endgame. That part where everyone arrives is probably be best minute of the whole MCU.
that is a kick motherfucking ass scene and can watch it a million times.
Old 03-27-20, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Oh good, for a second I thought you were done bumping/creating threads to talk about this movie.
hey, give me a break. It’s my first day of quarantine. I need some time to decompress. At least watch one episode of a White Shadow.
Old 03-27-20, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Should there have been an option for “liked both” considering there’s one for “hated both”?
Old 03-27-20, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OldBoy
hey, give me a break. It’s my first day of quarantine. I need some time to decompress. At least watch one episode of a White Shadow.
I’m just busting chops. I thought it was funny that you bumped like 4 threads and then still felt compelled to start a new one about these movies.
Old 03-27-20, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
As cool as that scene is, I think the best scene in the entire series comes just before that when Cap wields Mjolnir. A true badass moment that pays off a scene several movies prior.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
Dvdlovr24 (03-27-20), IBJoel (03-30-20)
Old 03-28-20, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 184 Posts

As cool as that scene is, I think the best scene in the entire series comes just before that when Cap wields Mjolnir. A true badass moment that pays off a scene several movies prior.
Agree about this.

At this moment I would say Avengers: Infinity War. Only because I have seen it more to date.
Old 03-28-20, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I really love Endgame and the scene wirh Cap catching Mjlonir and the portals opening with all the heroes coming through ate both spectacular. It also does the amaizng feat of sticking the landing for such a huge cliffhanger.

Thay being said, i think Infinity War was the better movie overall. It carried very little fat and i have never in my life seen audiences react the way they did with this movie. Every time a character arrived (Tont Suits up, Cap appears in the train station, Guardians flying and singing, Spidey swinging off the bus) the audience exploded. The biggest cheer was when Thor beamed into Wakanda. In each of the theatres i ssw the movie at the house almost came down the audience erupted so much. I was almost breathless i was sk freaking brilliant.

Plus the battles were really well handled. This movie took characters that audiences had never really fully grabbed onto (Doctor Strange and Thor primarily) and made them not only glow but had people clamering for more.

The two movies really should be considered one long movie and its a cinematic miracle that a story so huge with so many characters was a resounding success.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (03-30-20)
Old 03-28-20, 05:33 PM

I got to say, I’m little surprised at #’s. I loved Endgame and perfect capper. But is it that everyone finds IW more enjoyable? Is is Endgame’s daunting runtime? I mean I stick by IW bc just so many iconic moments. When Avengers meet Guardians. That Wakanda battle and then the iconic, thrill inducing Avengers theme that Whedon established in 1. Who was that Silvestri who I know from Forrest Gump, which was probably his first biggie. I guess he did others, but I think they are most known for iconic songs by groups/performers, not score, which is so indelible in many of FG scenes. Others discussed. You just don’t get a Part 1 that satisfies so completely in this way despite ending. Still would have thought more love for Endgame...

Last edited by OldBoy; 03-28-20 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-28-20, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I got to say, I’m little surprised at #’s. I loved Endgame and perfect capper. But is it that everyone finds IW more enjoyable? Is is Endgame’s daunting runtime? I mean I stick by IW bc just so many iconic moments. When Avengers meet Guardians. That Wakanda battle and then the iconic, thrill inducing Avengers theme that Whedon established in 1. Who was that Silvestri who I know from Forrest Gump, which was probably his first biggie. I guess he did others, but I think they are most known for iconic songs by groups/performers, not score, which is so indelible in many of FG scenes. Others discussed. You just don’t get a Part 1 that satisfies so completely in this way despite ending. Still would have thought more love for Endgame...
IW chugs along like a well oiled machine. There's hardly a dull moment. It's electric from start to finish and has an awesome downer of a cliffhanger.

I love Endgame, but it does have its fair stretches of dullness. It's necessarily somber and quiet at times. The time travel logic is difficult to follow and IMO inconsistent. And Thanos isn't as well written as in IW. The final battles are amazing, but overall, IW is the more fun, exciting movie and the one I'll revisit more often.
Old 03-28-20, 09:15 PM

Good points.
Old 03-28-20, 09:44 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Who was that Silvestri who I know from Forrest Gump, which was probably his first biggie. I guess he did others, but I think they are most known for iconic songs by groups/performers, not score, which is so indelible in many of FG scenes.
The Alan Silvestri score is great. But the guy is a legend. He did Back To The Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Predator, just to name a few.
Old 03-29-20, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

I think their both overrated. They have an okay story but their pretty much cartoons now with too much digital effects i couldnt get into them. Of the two i prefer Endgame because as far as Im concerned it ended the franchise and its a good stopping point.
The following 2 users liked this post by MR Round:
EddieMoney (03-30-20), Goonies85 (03-29-20)
Old 03-30-20, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Received 1,054 Likes on 614 Posts

Endgame is dull at points, but to me, its bigger sins are fan service and wrapping everything up a bit too tidily. And I have just been sick of Iron Man since the first Avengers came out, so his moments are all drawn out and irritating to me.
Old 03-30-20, 10:25 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Doctor Strange is the best out of these two.
Old 03-30-20, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,126 Likes on 887 Posts

Yeah, Endgame does have some pacing issues I agree. Not horrible, but Infinity War just was nonstop epic until the end. I think that’s another reason why it’s more rewatchable.
Old 03-30-20, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Endgame is dull at points, but to me, its bigger sins are fan service and wrapping everything up a bit too tidily. And I have just been sick of Iron Man since the first Avengers came out, so his moments are all drawn out and irritating to me.
I watch Endgame through the view of Captain America rather than Iron Man. I think I would have liked it a lot less if
Spoiler:
Cap sacrifices himself instead of Tony

As I was watching the movie for the first time, I knew it was going to be one of them. Overall, I think Cap got the best payoff and end to his story. The final shot is of Cap, which is how I hoped his story would end since The First Avenger.

Tony’s story didn’t get nearly the emotional payoff for me as it did others. Mostly because Tony’s antics wore thin for me since at least Iron Man 3.
Old 03-30-20, 03:50 PM

I watch Endgame through the view of Captain America rather than Iron Man. I think I would have liked it a lot less if
Spoiler:
well, he kinda did. and it really was his story in the end...
Old 03-30-20, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Received 1,054 Likes on 614 Posts

Spoiler:

As I was watching the movie for the first time, I knew it was going to be one of them. Overall, I think Cap got the best payoff and end to his story. The final shot is of Cap, which is how I hoped his story would end since The First Avenger.

Tony’s story didn’t get nearly the emotional payoff for me as it did others. Mostly because Tony’s antics wore thin for me since at least Iron Man 3.
While I did like Cap's final moment (and I've been a bigger fan of the character in general for years both in and out of the MCU), it felt like it went against everything they set up for... 5 films? About moving on.
Old 03-30-20, 06:55 PM

IW is just remarkable. So gratifying, satisfying movie I’ve seen in years. Thoroughly enjoyable throughout and end just leaves your heart beating. Humor, heart, great action that CGI almost never takes away from. Truly great, perfect film.
Anyone know if a Brolin did the actual motion capture for Thanos or just voice? But whoever did it, even though lumbers around most of the time, did a really good job in not making him all CGI, but a villain that does show emotion and should rank up there with the fictional greats. Darth, etc...
Old 03-30-20, 07:00 PM

Received 4,475 Likes on 3,036 Posts

Old 03-30-20, 07:27 PM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't like either of them (any of The Avengers movies, really). The drama and emotional resonance of the movies are so surface level that it washes right over me.

I do like individual superhero films (Batman trilogy, Tobey Maguire's Spiderman trilogy, Into the Spiderverse, Black Panther) because they have way more dramatic heft and actual character development.

The Avengers movies for me are just trite, corny 'let's take turns in battle as we play to each of our strengths' -isms, with the standard witty Marvel quips during the lulls in action. It makes for a fun summer movie, but one that I forget about 10 minutes after I see.

Meanwhile a few of the individual superhero movies actually form lasting impressions upon me.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (03-31-20)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.