DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (2020) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/650080-american-pie-presents-girls-rules-2020-a.html)

dex14 03-17-20 09:49 AM

American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (2020)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11771594/

So, Jason Biggs has a new sitcom on FOX and last week Eddie Kaye Thomas and Alyson Hannigan did guest spots. Their reunion made me wonder if there was any news on an American Pie 5. Apparently they are resorting back to the direct to video line with a new AP Presents film. It was announced last year and is already wrapped with a release coming this year.

No sign of Eugene Levy in the cast, though his career seems much better these days than it was when those other DTV movies were coming out. :lol:

Bluelitespecial 03-17-20 11:04 AM

Re: American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (2020)

Let me guess a feminist take on the American Pie movies. Hard Pass.

dex14 03-17-20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13706091)
Let me guess a feminist take on the American Pie movies. Hard Pass.

Surprise, surprise. The first post from our resident misogynist. I’m sick of it. Keep it up and you’ll be suspended.

Paff 03-17-20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13706055)
So, Jason Biggs has a new sitcom on FOX and last week Eddie Kaye Thomas and Alyson Hannigan did guest spots. Their reunion made me wonder if there was any news on an American Pie 5. Apparently they are resorting back to the direct to video line with a new AP Presents film. It was announced last year and is already wrapped with a release coming this year.

I was gonna post about this in the TV Forum (still might). Don't know if anyone saw the ep (the show is called Outmatched, by the way), but there was even a nod to AP when Thomas' character mentions he's a good cook, he makes a great apple cobbler, to which Biggs replies "Nah, I prefer pie..."

By the way, is Jason Biggs the new Paul Rudd? As in, he looks EXACTLY the same as he did back in American Pie. Thomas and Hannigan have aged. Quite well, mind you, but they definitely look older. Thomas has a bit of grey hair now, and Alyson Hannigan is a very beautiful but definitely middle-aged woman. Jason Biggs looks like he just made American Pie last year, and it's honestly hard to buy him as the dad of four kids on this show.

d2cheer 03-17-20 11:48 AM

Teen sex comedies still work??

Never saw any of the AP Direct to video "features" and I won't start now.

IBJoel 03-17-20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 13706135)
Teen sex comedies still work??

Never saw any of the AP Direct to video "features" and I won't start now.

You can probably make them still work. There's that element of ignorance/innocence and discovering yourself that I could see softening a lot of the hijinks. Although I don't think I've watched any movie in this genre since... Superbad? If that counts.

dex14 03-17-20 02:14 PM

Blockers was sort of hybrid teen/adult sex comedy. That was pretty good.

The AP Presents films aren’t abysmal. Some were pretty decent. No worse than American Wedding. :lol:

Bluelitespecial 03-17-20 02:35 PM

So what are my rules?

dex14 03-17-20 02:42 PM

Quit posting shit like your deleted comment. Take that shit to reddit or wherever it is you get your shitty skewed sense of reality from.

Paff 03-17-20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 13706230)
You can probably make them still work. There's that element of ignorance/innocence and discovering yourself that I could see softening a lot of the hijinks. Although I don't think I've watched any movie in this genre since... Superbad? If that counts.

Booksmart was also a teen sex comedy, for once told from the girls' perspective. It was funny and enjoyable even if you're not a girl.

dex14 03-17-20 03:01 PM

Good Boys too (though pre-teen). I didn't find that one too funny though.

Count Dooku 03-17-20 03:06 PM

I remember them making some of those DTV movies under the American Pie banner, but the idea that they are still doing it is insane to me. :horse:

Spoiler:
Oh, it's the producer and writer of 2009's "Book of Love" looking to throw a last beat down on that poor horse.

dex14 03-17-20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 13706281)
I remember them making some of those DTV movies under the American Pie banner, but the idea that they are still doing it is insane to me. :horse:

Spoiler:
Oh, it's the producer and writer of 2009's "Book of Love" looking to throw a last beat down on that poor horse.

Especially when Reunion was good and made a decent chunk of change.

DJariya 03-17-20 03:11 PM

I've enjoyed these American Pie presents movies as a guilty pleasure. Just give me some sexy 20-something girls in some sexy bras and thongs and I'm good. :D:thumbsup:

Especially like girls in this scene :lol:

Bluelitespecial 03-17-20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 13706281)

Spoiler:

At least that movie had Carrie Keagan and her giant rack in it. No nudity though.

Count Dooku 03-17-20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13706283)
Especially when Reunion was good and made a decent chunk of change.

These movies don't have anything to do with those movies, unless the draw for you was Eugene Levy all along.

Count Dooku 03-17-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13706290)
At least that movie had Carrie Keagan and her giant rack in it. No nudity though.

Is she running?
She's in danger of bruising her face from the pummeling.

dex14 03-17-20 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 13706468)
These movies don't have anything to do with those movies, unless the draw for you was Eugene Levy all along.

I’m aware of that. Point being, why go back to making these and not continue the main franchise?

JeffTheAlpaca 03-17-20 07:50 PM

Did not know Carrie Keagan was in these movies.

Probably the only person who watched her morning show on VH1 in the early 2010's

She wanted Jason Momoa before he blew up

Bluelitespecial 03-17-20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13706483)
Did not know Carrie Keagan was in these movies.

Probably the only person who watched her morning show on VH1 in the early 2010's

She wanted Jason Momoa before he blew up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAfzYotPKPw

She was in the last movie "Book of Love" in really just a cameo but its still worth noting.

Red Hood 03-17-20 08:44 PM

I think the only one I saw with the Presents banner was Band Camp, which was okay I guess. That movie was the first time I saw the gorgeous Arielle Kebbel

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...26a6cbe56c.jpg

Bluelitespecial 03-17-20 08:49 PM

^^^She was in the first movie Band Camp and she looks skinny as hell there. She looks so much better in the Hallmark movies she has done.

bluetoast 03-18-20 10:17 AM

Some of the DTV movies in this series were actually not bad. It’s not all the random 100% debauchery that some of you seem to expect it to be. Sometimes the characters grow and learn by the end. :lol: I’ll give this a rental.

DJariya 08-12-20 06:00 PM

American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (2020) aka American Pie 9

It's Senior year! Annie, Kayla, Michelle, and Stephanie decide to finally harness their girl power and band together to get what they want. The boys won't know what hit them when these sassy sweethearts are calling the shots. Wild parties, sexy adventures and a Stifler bring the heat in this hot new slice of American Pie!

This is going to get some interesting reaction here. ;)

and Eugene Levy is not listed in this on IMDB :lol:

Mike86 08-12-20 06:09 PM

Re: American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (2020) aka American Pie 9

Funny, I had been thinking a while back how I hadn’t seen the American Pie movies in ages, and how it seems like no one really talks about them anymore. They were never great, but sort of fun.

The trailer for the new one doesn’t look bad to me. Turning the tables and having it more from the girls perspectives doesn’t bother me. I don’t think I’ve seen any of the direct to DVD/Blu-ray films though.