Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What are you watching during the pandemic?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-20, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Anyone using this time to binge shows or watchlists? Revisiting old favorites? I'm slowly going through my saved stuff on Prime and finally saw Zombieland 2 with the girlfriend. What's on your plate?
Old 03-16-20, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
re: What are you watching during the pandemic?

Lots and lots of professional wrestling that I've been needing to catch up on.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (03-17-20)
Old 03-16-20, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

Trying to whittle down my unwatched Blu-ray pile, but that's always sort of my goal. I just hope with no sports and little chance of going out, I can make a decent dent. I think the current number is something in the low 200's. Last few I watched were Eastern Condors, Midnight In Paris, Do The Right Thing, and Rififi.
Old 03-16-20, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

We have a what are you watching thread stickied right at the top. Do we need another one?
Old 03-17-20, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I saw an ad on IG that Stone Cold came back on Raw the other night. Attitude Era is where most of my frame of reference comes from.
Hazel Motes (03-20-20)
Old 03-17-20, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Questyen
We have a what are you watching thread stickied right at the top. Do we need another one?
This one's more... timely. And feel free to include any and all activities you're up to, given the circumstances. Just wanted to have a sort of solidarity thread in a non-political context.
Old 03-17-20, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Trying to whittle down my unwatched Blu-ray pile, but that's always sort of my goal. I just hope with no sports and little chance of going out, I can make a decent dent. I think the current number is something in the low 200's. Last few I watched were Eastern Condors, Midnight In Paris, Do The Right Thing, and Rififi.
Geez, and I thought my pile of 10 was a lot haha. Better get cracking!

Old 03-17-20, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

#PeakProsperity and #DrJohnCampbell on YouTube, keeping myself educated about the ongoing health crisis. Concerned as I am in the co-morbidity high risk group. Currently staying home, schools are closed for a couple of weeks, though I think it will be at least 5 or 6:weeks.

Other than that, dvr’d TV shows, Disney+, CBS Access, and Amazon Prime.

Finally watched Knives Out, going to start working though my 400+ VUDU collection soon.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-17-20, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

1TV=First Time Viewing

3/16:
(1TV)Monos (2019) Meh
(1TV)Marked Woman (1937) Not bad
3/17:
Battleship Potemkin (1925) Rewatch
(1TV)Hectic Knife (2016) Two Words: Bagel scene
(1TV)The Thief and The Cobbler (2006) (Recobbled Cut) I can tell this is already the best version
3/18
(1TV)The Face Of Marble (1946) William “One Shot” Beaudine’s darkest thriller?
Conquest of the Planet Apes (1972) Watching the Unrated Version for the first time
(1TV)Bag Boy Lover Boy (2014) Thank goodness it was so short
3/19
(1TV)The Salvation Hunters (1925) Good silent
(1TV)Hot Pursuit (1987)/They Call Me Bruce? (1982) Since the start of 2020, I've been making Thursday nights "80's night". I'm still continuing that tradition

Last edited by Mondo Kane; 03-20-20 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-17-20, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Just my personal opinion, but many here have complained that there is so much content (movies and shows) and not enough time in the day to watch everything.

Well, considering most in the U.S. are now stuck at home aside from going to work, I think this is the perfect opportunity to catch up on all the movies and shows you are massively behind on. Take a time out from watching CNN, FOX News about COVID-19 news. At least try to bring some joy and entertainment in your life during this challenging time,

Edit: Maybe this thread should be called "What are you watching during this pandemic?"

Last edited by DJariya; 03-17-20 at 08:14 PM.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-17-20, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen

That is what I thought "The Last Movie You Watched" thread was for?

The same schedule for me and so far TV has been putting out stuff like nothing ever changed.

I will miss Fallon, Seth Meyers, and SNL
Old 03-18-20, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
#PeakProsperity and #DrJohnCampbell on YouTube, keeping myself educated about the ongoing health crisis. Concerned as I am in the co-morbidity high risk group. Currently staying home, schools are closed for a couple of weeks, though I think it will be at least 5 or 6:weeks.

Other than that, dvr’d TV shows, Disney+, CBS Access, and Amazon Prime.

Finally watched Knives Out, going to start working though my 400+ VUDU collection soon.
Stay safe, Orbi!
Old 03-18-20, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: What are you watching during the pandemic?

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I finally saw Beyond the Mat the other day after all these years. I’m down for any more wrestling docs if they’re around.
Old 03-18-20, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

After Danny Aiello passed late last year, I rewatched Do the Right Thing. It got me thinking about how all the Spike Lee movies Joints I'd never seen, so I've been working my way through his filmography jointography. I've noticed that a lot of his movies have creative bi-polar disorder, the tone and quality swings wildly from scene to scene. I thought She's Gotta Have It was interesting, lots of promise and one great sequence. School Daze was a bit of a mess. Mo' Better Blues was amazing. Jungle Fever was really good but the ending is WTF crazy. Malcolm X is next, I've seen it a couple times, can't wait to revisit it.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 11:25 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
After Danny Aiello passed late last year, I rewatched Do the Right Thing. It got me thinking about how all the Spike Lee movies Joints I'd never seen, so I've been working my way through his filmography jointography. I've noticed that a lot of his movies have creative bi-polar disorder, the tone and quality swings wildly from scene to scene. I thought She's Gotta Have It was interesting, lots of promise and one great sequence. School Daze was a bit of a mess. Mo' Better Blues was amazing. Jungle Fever was really good but the ending is WTF crazy. Malcolm X is next, I've seen it a couple times, can't wait to revisit it.
I've been watching Spike's work too. I just got those Kino releases and revisiting. Will probably do a complete filmography watch.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Not used to working from home. Watched a couple of movies that I had not got around to.. The Peanut Butter Falcon.. and a lot of BASEketball and Field of Dreams on Starz. Other than that, whatever weekly series offerings there is. And most of my time is spent playing PUBG or COD:Warzone.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Between streaming, Dvd's, blu's I will never run out of things to watch. I am not stuck at home though either. But on weekends I will focus on older movies I have not watched in 10+years. Last weekend watched Goodfellas and Sexy Beast for the first time in over 10 years.
Old 03-18-20, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Discovered Rectify on Netflix and I'm almost done with season 2.
Old 03-18-20, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Since my gym is closed, I'll probably be checking out I Heard the Owl Call My Name tonight and some Criterions over the next few days. Bonus of working from home is that I can use my lunch break to go for a run.
Old 03-18-20, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just my personal opinion, but many here have complained that there is so much content (movies and shows) and not enough time in the day to watch everything.

Well, considering most in the U.S. are now stuck at home aside from going to work, I think this is the perfect opportunity to catch up on all the movies and shows you are massively behind on. Take a time out from watching CNN, FOX News about COVID-19 news. At least try to bring some joy and entertainment in your life during this challenging time,

Edit: Maybe this thread should be called "What are you watching during this pandemic?"
Or you're like me and you're stuck at home with your kids all day and are so tired by the time they go to bed that you actually have less time to watch stuff. But maybe that's just me.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Stay safe, Orbi!
Thanks!

Doing my best to socially isolate. Using Zoom to attend weekly and daily diabetes and health support groups, and the regional Comicon that I volunteer and cosplay with just cancelled until next year. Also, every single theater in our area in the state seems to be closed indefinitely.

Currently working my way through my collection of Harryhausen films, then Indiana Jones, the Mission Impossible series and whatever else strikes my fancy.

In the meantime, I leave you with this little message... Social distancing in a galaxy far, far away....

The following 2 users liked this post by Orbi-Wan Techno:
faust69 (03-19-20), IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I’ve been watching apocalyptic movies and also spaghetti westerns. It’s a strange combination.
Contagion, Omega Man, the Crazies, Outbreak
Once Upon A Time In The West, A Fistful Of Dynamite, A Fistful Of Dollars.

I don’t have off of work, but I never left the house much anyway.
IBJoel (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 04:26 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

My local Alamo had a John Carpenter Apocalypse Trilogy triple feature planned for the last Friday of March. It was sold out, too, before they had to cancel it.

But I may just do the triple feature at home anyway, as I own one of the films on Blu-ray and the other two on UHD.

They were:
- The Thing
- Prince of Darkness
- In the Mouth of Madness
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
IBJoel (03-18-20), Toddarino (03-18-20)
Old 03-18-20, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Watched 'Outbreak' last night on Netflix. We made it about 3/4 of the way through before I switched it off. It really hasn't withstood the test of time -- the whole military coverup was just dumb.

"Contagion" was a much better pandemic movie.
IBJoel (03-19-20)
Old 03-18-20, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

A channel in my area has been re-running The Wonder Years over and over on a daily basis for a few years, and I look forward to it every day more than any other TV show. The best episodes, especially, are always worth seeing again and again; the lesser ones I usually skip now, having seen all of them so often. The show is a serene sentimental elixir to all the doom and gloom.
IBJoel (03-19-20)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.