Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Swallow (2020, D: Mirabella-Davis) - S: Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Denis O'Hare, Elizabeth Marvel

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Swallow (2020, D: Mirabella-Davis) - S: Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Denis O'Hare, Elizabeth Marvel

Old 03-03-20, 09:34 AM

Received 1,601 Likes on 1,106 Posts

Opening in theaters and VOD March 6

Directed by: Carlo Mirabella-Davis
Starring: Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Denis O'Hare & Elizabeth Marvel

On the surface, Hunter (Haley Bennett) appears to have it all. A newly pregnant housewife, she seems content to spend her time tending to an immaculate home and doting on her Ken-doll husband, Richie (Austin Stowell). However, as the pressure to meet her controlling in-laws and husbandís rigid expectations mounts, cracks begin to appear in her carefully created facade. Hunter develops a dangerous habit, and a dark secret from her past seeps out in the form of a disorder called pica - a condition that has her compulsively swallowing inedible, and oftentimes life-threatening, objects. A provocative and squirm-inducing psychological thriller, SWALLOW follows one womanís unraveling as she struggles to reclaim independence in the face of an oppressive system by whatever means possible.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8372298

91% currently on RT: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/swallow
Old 03-03-20, 03:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Swallow (2020, D: Mirabella-Davis) - S: Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Denis O'Hare, Elizabeth Marvel

I wonder if the sequel will be called Spit.
Old 04-15-20, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 420 Likes on 333 Posts
Re: Swallow (2020, D: Mirabella-Davis) - S: Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Denis O'Hare, Elizabeth Marvel

This was technically #1 for the weekend since Trolls wasn't tracked.

But seriously whaaaat the fucckkkk with this movie , the "things I've shit out" montage to This is the Day was delightful.
Old 04-15-20, 10:15 PM

Received 1,601 Likes on 1,106 Posts

That was a trip.
Old 10-09-20, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 208 Likes on 181 Posts

This is playing on Showtime

I thought it was going to be a really weird horror movie but more of a drama
Old 12-07-20, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 351 Likes on 277 Posts

Saw it over the weekend on Showtime. Really bizarre, but I liked it. And filmed not far from where I grew up. I thought it looked like the Hudson River where their house was located, and indeed it was. Do a Google Map search of Felsen Lane in Highland NY, and you can see the house.