Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Knives Out sequel (2022, D: Johnson) - S: Daniel Craig

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Knives Out sequel (2022, D: Johnson) - S: Daniel Craig

Old 05-17-22, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,933 Likes on 1,929 Posts
Re: Knives Out sequel (2022, D: Johnson) - S: Daniel Craig

Interesting. I would feel compelled to see it in a theater for fear of spoilers.
Old 05-17-22, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,689 Likes on 1,240 Posts

I'll see it in the theatre should it head there. I liked the 1st movie and saw it in the theatre. I feel like the star power alone makes this a worthy theatrical movie and not some "streaming movie" that people will watch and forget in days.
Old 05-17-22, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

I’d check this out in the theater as well. Sure is a lot of wasted talent on direct-to-streaming these days. That being said, there’s also a lot of hot garbage.
Old 05-17-22, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 678 Likes on 487 Posts

So I am paying you for content, quite a large sum might I add, and you want to make me pay for it again to see in a theater? Fuck right off with that shit.
Old 05-17-22, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 607 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
So I am paying you for content, quite a large sum might I add, and you want to make me pay for it again to see in a theater? Fuck right off with that shit.
Basically what HBO Max/Warner does, though The Batman was more popular than Knives Oot.
Old 05-17-22, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,933 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Basically what HBO Max/Warner does, though The Batman was more popular than Knives Oot.
Not at all. HBO operates independently from Warner Brothers Studio. Netflix is Netflix.
And let's be clear : The Irishman played in theaters for a month before it came to Netflix, so this isn't unprecedented.
Old 05-17-22, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Not exactly the same though. That same day release shit was supposedly in response to the pandemic. A lot of those filmmakers were blindsided when hbo pulled that shit.
Those were never supposed to be out right away. Netflix rarely does theatrical, so this is like a bonus for people who still think movies should be in a theater.
Old 05-17-22, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 607 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post
Not exactly the same though. That same day release shit was supposedly in response to the pandemic. A lot of those filmmakers were blindsided when hbo pulled that shit.
Those were never supposed to be out right away. Netflix rarely does theatrical, so this is like a bonus for people who still think movies should be in a theater.
They shifted to a 45 day model for 2022. (ie: The Batman, and Fantastic Beasts 3 shows up on May 30th)

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Not at all. HBO operates independently from Warner Brothers Studio. Netflix is Netflix.
And let's be clear : The Irishman played in theaters for a month before it came to Netflix, so this isn't unprecedented.
Fair I suppose, the previous Netflix theatrical releases have been incredibly limited, hopefully the 45 days gets them into more theaters.

Disney+ may be a better example but is generally a little longer than 45 days.

​​​​​​​
Old 05-17-22, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,689 Likes on 1,240 Posts

I saw Army of the Dead and Red Notice a week early in theatres. But they played at 2 small chains (Harkins and Krikorian) in my area. The big chains like AMC and Regal wouldn't play them.

So if this Knives Out sequel does go through with a theatrical release, it needs to get the bigger chains on board.