Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) - S: Reynolds, Jackman

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-19, 08:41 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to every Deadpool fan out there, because franchise star and producer Ryan Reynolds certainly has some good news for you. There has been a lot of speculation surrounding the release of a third Deadpool movie following Disney's purchase of Fox, the company responsible for the first two films. While the character is a bonafide money-maker, folks have doubted whether or not Disney would be okay with making a Marvel film that's rated R, not exactly aligning with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, it looks like everyone at the studio is on board, because Reynolds has now confirmed that Deadpool 3 is in the works.

On Christmas Eve, Reynolds appeared on Live With Kelly and Ryan, and he told the two hosts that the "whole team" was working on Deadpool 3. Not only that, but the film was being brought to life over at Marvel.

"Yeah we're working on it right now with the whole team," Reynolds said. "We're over at Marvel [Studios] now, which is like the big leagues all of a sudden. It's kinda crazy. So yeah, we're working on it."

It seemed like a foregone conclusion that Disney would find some way to make more Deadpool movies, regardless of how they fit or didn't fit with the MCU. Until Joker arrived this year, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 were the highest grossing R-rated movies in box office history, each making more than $780 million around the globe. There's no way Disney would ever pass up on that kind of mass appeal.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12...arvel-studios/

I guess there wasn’t a thread already going for this.
Old 12-27-19, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
re: Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) - S: Reynolds, Jackman

I’m guessing this will be the first R rated Marvel Disney movie.
Old 12-27-19, 03:13 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I’m guessing this will be the first R rated Marvel Disney movie.
or will it?
Old 12-27-19, 03:16 PM

Iger has already said they have no intention of changing the formula and will let it be R.
Old 12-28-19, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Perhaps it's Marvel working with Fox to continue it under that studio banner. The odds are against it being R if it's a Marvel Studios film...
Old 12-28-19, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

I kinda doubt that. I don’t really think Disney intends on keeping a Marvel film property set from Marvel Studios proper. Wouldn’t really make much sense if you ask me.
Old 12-28-19, 09:30 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Just let Deadpool be Deadpool and get rich Disney. Everybody is happy.
Old 12-28-19, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

There is just no way this is going to be the X-Men's introduction into the MCU...something has to give.
Old 12-29-19, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the bigger problem with Deadpool in the MCU is integrating the fourth wall breaking aspect of his character. Does Marvel really want to poke fun at their films that they’ve worked to build up so well for so long? There are a lot of jokes you can make about the MCU, but at the same time does that kind of diminish things a bit? I think Deadpool is tricky to work with when it comes to him being part of something larger to be truthful.
Old 12-29-19, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Deadpool 3 opens with Deadpool talking about being bought by Disney, and how he's afraid he'll never see Vanessa's tits again. Then Vanessa walks across the frame behind him butt-naked.

Then he'll have a battle in Disneyland involving Walt's frozen head.

God, this thing practically writes itself!
Old 12-29-19, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Great now I'm picturing Deadpool using a Disney World ride character as a fleshlight.
Old 08-10-20, 07:24 PM

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
IDoes Marvel really want to poke fun at their films that they’ve worked to build up so well for so long?
Why not?
Old 11-20-20, 01:30 PM

EXCLUSIVE: As Disney continues to figure out what to do with Fox properties they acquired in the merger, one of the biggest IPs, Deadpool, looks to be gaining momentum. Sources tell Deadline that Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin to write Deadpool 3 with Reynolds set to reprise his role as wise-cracking superhero.

Writer meetings have been taking place over the past month with Reynolds recently meeting with a handful of writers to hear their pitch for the next installment. In the end, the studio and Reynolds saw the sisters take as the perfect fit for what they wanted. The film is still in early development but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next Deadpool film into production.

This marks the first Deadpool film where Marvel studios will work hand and hand with Reynolds and team Deadpool. Fans are sure to be excited at Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige’s involvement after seeing how he helped revamp the Spider-Man franchise after coming on to help in the creative effort of that franchise.

Besides Reynolds return, there is so many factors being worked but sources say the film is still expected to be rated R like the previous two installments. It is also expected to have a new director David Leitch, who helmed the second pic, has a schedule filled through 2021. Insiders the door is open for Leitch’s return as its unknown when this film will go into production but given that he wasn’t part of the writer search, seems unlikely for him to come back for part 3.

Either way, the film pushing forward will surely excite fan as many across the world and industry did wonder this film’s fate following the Fox/Disney Merger that some felt meant the possible end of the franchise.

As for the Molyneuxs, they are sisters and writing partners, who serve as the creators, showrunners, and executive producers of the new Fox series The Great North, which is set to premiere in February 2021, and has already been renewed for a second season. In addition, Lizzie and Wendy are writers and executive producers of the long-running hit series Bob’s Burgers on Fox, for which they won an Emmy Award in 2017, and have been nominated for an Emmy for eight consecutive years. They have also been nominated for three WGA Awards, and won the Annie Award in 2017 for their episode, The Hormone-iums.

On the feature side, they recently adapted the novel The People We Hate At The Wedding for FilmNation and the acclaimed videogame The Sims for Legendary. They also wrote Jump Street: Now For Her Pleasure for Sony Pictures.

Lizzie attended UC Berkeley and Wendy attended Pomona College. They both reside in the Los Angeles area with their spouses and many, many children and pets.

They are represented by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and attorney Gregg Gellman.
Old 11-20-20, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Seems like a late start. Wouldn't it have been more prudent to get writers going while they were stuck at home all year for Covid? Seems like it would have been the perfect time to get scripts ready so filming can start as soon as possible.
Old 11-20-20, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

DP 2 is up on Hulu. Guess I should watch before 3 drops....
Old 11-20-20, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

We've been binging Bob's Burgers lately and loving it. If it's got some of those writers, I think it should be good.
Old 11-20-20, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
We've been binging Bob's Burgers lately and loving it. If it's got some of those writers, I think it should be good.

Old 11-20-20, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Have a bad feeling this will be the one where too many egos are clashing. I'll probably just wait for the Ryan Reynolds cut in about 5years to drop on Pluto tv. I mean Disney+!
Old 11-21-20, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Have a bad feeling this will be the one where too many egos are clashing. I'll probably just wait for the Ryan Reynolds cut in about 5years to drop on Pluto tv. I mean Disney+!
I feel like Disney would only agree to an R rated version if they also make a PG-13 version like last time. And I can see Ryan accepting that.
Old 11-21-20, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

If that's what it takes to keep the franchise alive I think that would be a fair concession. Planning ahead could even make the PG-13 version more unique.
Old 11-21-20, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Did the PG-13 version of DP2 make any real money? I don't feel like it did.

EDIT: I looked it up, I guess it did much better internationally than it did here.

$6.1 Mil Domestic
$51.2 Mil Worldwide

That's still a drop in the bucket next to the 785.8 Mil Worldwide grossed by DP2 altogether though.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 11-21-20 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-23-20, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It also got it's own Blu release, which I don't see on the shelves anymore (new or used), so they either didn't print very many or they all got bought up. So, there's some kind of demand.
Old 01-11-21, 10:23 AM

Per Feige:

“It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a script right now… It will not be [filming] this year. Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We’ve got a number of things we’ve already announced that we now have to make, but it’s exciting for it to have begun. Again, a very different type of character in the MCU, and Ryan is a force of nature, which is just awesome to see him bring that character to life.”
https://collider.com/deadpool-3-mcu-...u_5h44zh5NgmcA
Old 01-11-21, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice to get confirmation that the third film will be rated R and that Reynolds is still involved. Curious how it will fit in with the MCU.

Originally Posted by milo bloom
It also got it's own Blu release, which I don't see on the shelves anymore (new or used), so they either didn't print very many or they all got bought up. So, there's some kind of demand.
Interesting. I didn’t realize that the Blu-ray for Once Upon a Deadpool is out of print. Always meant to see that version but never did.

Old 01-11-21, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

They could always squeeze in another PG-13 version after the fact like they did with Deadpool 2. For the Universe's sake.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.