Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Zombieland: Double Tap (Fleischer, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Zombieland: Double Tap (Fleischer, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
4.35%
21.74%
39.13%
21.74%
4.35%
0%
4.35%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Zombieland: Double Tap (Fleischer, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-19, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Re: Zombieland: Double Tap (Fleischer, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by dex14
I thought the allergy was obvious. No body shown.
Yeah, plus it happened right after they showed her eating the nuts. Still funny though.
Old 11-04-19, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Zombieland: Double Tap (Fleischer, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Was I the only one who called the

Spoiler:
peanut allergy as soon as they showed her eating in the car
?

A decent sequel that lacks the creativity of the first. Good laughs, worth seeing.

I may be the only one who didn’t care for the post-credit scenes though. Thought they would have been better had they worked them into the film.
I didn't think the post-credits scene was that funny either, to be honest. But I did enjoy the film as a whole. Good way to spend a Halloween afternoon.

Old 11-04-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts

was there another scene after the one with BFM?
Old 11-04-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
was there another scene after the one with BFM?
There were two with BFM.
Old 11-05-19, 08:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

This was very fun. Good laugh moments. Nothing new. Few additions. They weren’t bad. Had fun, but nothing extraordinary as sequels go. I do think the mid-credit Murray scene was the funniest in movie. Especially the set up and the the movies he was in being used and Kenny Loggins’ I’m Alright was just great.
Old 11-07-19, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TomOpus
There were two with BFM.
shit! I think I missed the second one. this movie was amazingly fun and good. so much better than the first one.

Spoiler:
I saw the cameo where he does the Garfield press thing and everyone turns into a Z, and BFM sort of fights his way through them. Was there another one after that too? That scene alone is worth going back to see for me..
Old 11-07-19, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
shit! I think I missed the second one. this movie was amazingly fun and good. so much better than the first one.

Spoiler:
I saw the cameo where he does the Garfield press thing and everyone turns into a Z, and BFM sort of fights his way through them. Was there another one after that too? That scene alone is worth going back to see for me..
Spoiler:
He does the Garfield spitting up a hairball but a Spanish version. I thought it was pretty funny. Short but funny
Old 11-15-19, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Spoiler:
He does the Garfield spitting up a hairball but a Spanish version. I thought it was pretty funny. Short but funny
thanks, I guess I will wait for the DVD release which should be soon at this point....
Old 12-25-19, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
I wouldn't say BETTER than the first, but definitely a worthy follow up. I liken it to Oceans 12 (but better) where you could tell the cast had so much fun making the first that they probably would have done the sequel for free, and had a blast doing it. I love the world the Zombieland franchise has built, and would invite a 3rd movie.
Finally saw this. Yeah, definitely not better than the first. The pacing on this one was not as tight. And as someone else mentioned, the plot is a little lackluster. Still, I enjoyed it a great deal. I gave it a 3.5/5 rating. I'd give the original a solid 4/5. I didn't find the scene during the credits all that funny. Clever, yes. But I didn't laugh.
Old 12-25-19, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

First one was like a 2.5/5 tops. This one was about on par with it imo.
Old 03-18-20, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Finally saw this. I thought as a movie it was a bit of a mess, but also really entertaining.

I actually prefer it to the first.
Old 03-18-20, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Saw this over the weekend. I tried re-watching the first one a couple of years ago. I loved it when it came out, but it aged poorly. I thought this one was pretty entertaining, but frustrating in parts.
Spoiler:
  • The lack of a double for Wichita
  • The fact that they didn't hide away weapons before going into the commune
  • Little Rock not meeting someone at the end
  • The pacing
  • The Bill Murray repeat (why not get Dan Akroyd or another celebrity?)