Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Don't Let Go (2019, D: Estes, P: Blum) -- S: David Oyelowo -- From Blumhouse Productions

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Don't Let Go (2019, D: Estes, P: Blum) -- S: David Oyelowo -- From Blumhouse Productions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-19, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RB-_oNDH0d8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After Detective Jack Radcliff's (David Oyelowo) family appears to be victim of a mysterious murder, he receives a startling phone call from his niece (Storm Reid), seemingly from the past. Now Jack must race to unravel a mystery to prevent a death that has already happened. Don't Let Go is in theaters August 30.

This opens on Friday. I've seen no publicity for this other than a promoted Tweet that popped up on my Twitter feed.

The premise does sound interesting.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-25-19 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-25-19, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Re: Don't Let Go (2019, D: Estes, P: Blum) -- S: David Oyelowo -- From Blumhouse Productions

Reminds me of that TV series on CW from a few years ago (I think it was called Frequency) where a woman could communicate with her father in the past via a ham radio and they had to solve some murder.
Old 08-26-19, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,065 Posts
Re: Don't Let Go (2019, D: Estes, P: Blum) -- S: David Oyelowo -- From Blumhouse Productions

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Reminds me of that TV series on CW from a few years ago (I think it was called Frequency) where a woman could communicate with her father in the past via a ham radio and they had to solve some murder.
I don’t know about the TV series, but Frequency originally started as a movie starring Dennis Quaid. It was actually pretty good.
Old 08-26-19, 08:43 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

This from the director of Mean Creak. I thought that was a great debut (15 years ago!). His other film came out 7 years after Mean Creak and it was shit (The Details with Tobey Maguire). This is only his third film in 15 years... Geez.
Old 08-30-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

This opens today. I plan to see it tomorrow afternoon after I get off work.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dont_let_go_2019

Currently not a great RT score at 46% but the audience score is 76%
Old 08-31-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got back from seeing this. Overall IMO a pretty solid mystery thriller with a touch of science fiction. Interesting to see the opinions on RT are so mixed. Yes, it's very similar to Frequency, but there's enough differences that it stands on it's own.

This was really carried by David Oyelowo, His acting was solid and he’s a really underrated actor. I also liked the young actress who plays his niece. There is some good supporting players like Mykelti Williamson and Alfred Molina. There were some interesting twists and turns, some a little predictable.

Overall I was engaged and had a good time. I’d give this a B.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-01-19 at 12:28 AM.