Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Noelle (2019, W/D: Marc Lawrence) S: Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-19, 07:13 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<iframe width="806" height="335" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBDnQkQUTGU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In Disney+’s holiday comedy “Noelle,” Kris Kringle’s daughter is full of Christmas spirit and holiday fun, but wishes she could do something “important” like her beloved brother Nick, who will take over from their father this Christmas. When Nick is about to crumble like a gingerbread cookie from all the pressure, Noelle suggests he take a break and get away…but when he doesn’t return, Noelle must find her brother and bring him back in time to save Christmas.
Old 08-23-19, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,175 Likes on 4,204 Posts
Re: Noelle (2019, W/D: Marc Lawrence) S: Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader

That's kind of cute. Helps that I love Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader.
Old 08-24-19, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah, last year, we loved Christmas Chronicles. Guess I’m dusting off In Mid Stream to review this one. It does look very funny, and Shirley McClain? Wow.
Old 08-25-19, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I saw the trailer on YouTube last night and it looks cute. I dig Anna Kendrick and it should be a fun watch as the holiday season approaches.
Old 11-12-19, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Just finished watching this and I really enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick was terrific in this. Funny, charming and has a positive message. It's a really good movie for all of you to watch with your kids.

It's a little early for something Christmas themed, so it's up to you if you want to hold off and wait until more closer to Christmas time. But, it's definitely worth watching.
Old 11-12-19, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

As Djariya points out it is a bit early to be watching a straight up Christmas movie but I have been wanting to see this for the longest time so after The Mandalorian it was the second item I viewed on Disney+. I totally get that this might have had a theatrical release were it not for Disney deciding to have a high profile original film or two teed up for Disney+.

I thought the colors really popped (Anna Kendrick’s outfits are especially great looking in Ultra HD), and the antics of the reindeer were fun to watch. I think this film would have had no problem attracting a family audience to make some money if it had hit theaters but I am also glad Disney put this up on the first day they took the serious leap into becoming a streaming giant.

In addition to Bill Hader and Anna Kendrick, it was also fun to see folks like Michael Gross in this (I love him, from his Family Ties days to his Tremor films, a character actor that I really like).
Old 11-23-19, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

This was definitely targeted to families, but I liked it. I like Kendrick, the concept didn’t feel stale, and it had some laughs.
Old 11-24-19, 06:18 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just finished watching this and I really enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick was terrific in this. Funny, charming and has a positive message. It's a really good movie for all of you to watch with your kids.

It's a little early for something Christmas themed, so it's up to you if you want to hold off and wait until more closer to Christmas time. But, it's definitely worth watching.
Similar thoughts here. The wife and I enjoyed it, and loved seeing the rare Michael Gross appearance.
Old 12-19-19, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I have watched this twice (kids). As someone from Phoenix, I despise how many times they hit you over the head that it is set in Phoenix. Every chance they get, they mention it. Obnoxious. Not a bad flick though. Has some funny parts.

Too bad they filmed this in Georgia rather than Phoenix. Stupid tax credits.
Old 12-20-19, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I have watched this twice (kids). As someone from Phoenix, I despise how many times they hit you over the head that it is set in Phoenix. Every chance they get, they mention it. Obnoxious. Not a bad flick though. Has some funny parts.

Too bad they filmed this in Georgia rather than Phoenix. Stupid tax credits.
There were parts filmed in Phoenix also. I recognized buildings and areas as did my wife.
Old 12-20-19, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
There were parts filmed in Phoenix also. I recognized buildings and areas as did my wife.
Only background location shots. Stuff like footage of sleigh flying over the city and establishing shots of Desert Ridge mall. None of the stuff with the actors was filmed here, which is what I meant.