Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Leitch, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Leitch, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
8.00%
8.00%
28.00%
32.00%
20.00%
4.00%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Leitch, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 10-24-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 166 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Leitch, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Really enjoyed this one. Definitely better than some of the FF sequels.

Fucking love Vanessa Kirby!!!
Old 11-06-19, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Re: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Leitch, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Rented this last night. I really like the latter F&F movies but this one was just silly.

I know the series has gotten more ridiculous as the movies have gone on but Idris Elba’s character was so over the top he felt like he belonged in a completely different movie. A sci-fi movie.

The defying physics aspects have reached a new level as well. Did Hobbs actually hold a helicopter with his arms? He pulled a full blown Captain America!

The best parts of the movie were definitely Hobbs and Shaw’s banter back and forth and I wish they would have focused on that a little more.

Overall I didn’t hate it and thought the action was a lot of fun to watch but this one just seemed too silly to me. I can accept a lot of nonsense on my action movies but this one was just a little too silly.
Old 11-06-19, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Fast Five had the best balance of silly vs. realism.
Old 11-06-19, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 676 Likes on 479 Posts

Yep. It's been a long slide into the ridiculousness since Five. Each one more preposterous than the last. There is a fine line though for that balance. Take Furious 7 for example. Cars parachuting out of a plane? That's absurd but totally awesome. Ten minutes later Dom is intentionally driving/crashing off a cliff and walks away without a scratch. Just absurd. Car wrecking into a helicopter? Cool. Diesel stomping his foot to make a parking garage collapse? Dumb as shit.

That being said, H&S is just pure action fun.
Old 12-30-19, 08:41 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought this was great, you got what you came for (mindless over the top action). The car/motorcycle chase through London was great.

Sure some of the Samoa stuff was over the top

Cast chemistry was good

Agree about not enough Eiza Gonzalez, she is hotter than hell