Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Hunt (2019, D: Zobel) S: Gilpin, Swank, Roberts, Suplee, Howerton, Barinholtz

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Hunt (2019, D: Zobel) S: Gilpin, Swank, Roberts, Suplee, Howerton, Barinholtz

Old 08-12-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Hunt (2019, D: Zobel) S: Gilpin, Swank, Roberts, Suplee, Howerton, Barinholtz

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post

Doesn’t matter who complained this movie wasn’t gonna make any money anyway. But keep giggling at yourself for the use of the term snowflake.
I personally dislike the term “snowflake” but you have to admit it’s pretty ironic that a group of people who originated the term were doing exactly what they criticized others for.

And considering movies are a passion of MINE, I don’t mind saying it’s pretty snowflakey to get a movie pulled because they disagree with the premise. Even moreso when they go after it sight unseen and are most likely mistaken about the premise.

I don’t know if I have much interest in seeing this movie either way but it still makes me mad that a studio folded to pressure from a vocal minority.
Old 08-12-19, 09:39 PM

Re: The Hunt (2019, D: Zobel) S: Gilpin, Swank, Roberts, Suplee, Howerton, Barinholtz

Ok, I wasn't aware of this movie until the controversy, so I checked out the trailer. Now I'm super confused...why is the right losing their shit about this? The movie has liberal "elites" as the villains and "red state" Americans as the heroes. It plays like the wet dream for those folks. If anything, I'd expect the left fo be complaining...so what's the problem?
Old 08-12-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Ok, I wasn't aware of this movie until the controversy, so I checked out the trailer. Now I'm super confused...why is the right losing their shit about this? The movie has liberal "elites" as the villains and "red state" Americans as the heroes. It plays like the wet dream for those folks. If anything, I'd expect the left fo be complaining...so what's the problem?
Everything is always the problem.
Old 08-12-19, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Because right wingers jumped to conclusions based on a few snippets of the movie and assumed it was about liberals hunting “deplorables”. Of course they lost their minds before learning what the actual plot was.
Old 08-12-19, 10:54 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post

Because right wingers jumped to conclusions based on a few snippets of the movie and assumed it was about liberals hunting “deplorables”. Of course they lost their minds before learning what the actual plot was.
Exactly right. This is just one person who did exactly that.

Old 08-15-19, 10:02 AM

Hmmm. I lean more right myself, but I don't see what the big deal is... I wouldn't mind seeing it. It's been done before many times. The Most Dangerous Game, Surviving the Game, etc. It looked kind of fun from the trailer.