DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/647893-men-black-international-f-gary-gray-2019-%97-spoiler-filled-reviews-thread.html)

OldBoy 06-11-19 09:58 PM

Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

finish tomorrow.

Orbi-Wan Techno 06-12-19 06:47 AM

Re: Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Looking forward to this, wife dying to see it. We had tickets for 4 p.m. Thursday in AMC Dolby Cinema, but the Texas kids informed us they are arriving at our our house at approximately the same time. Putting this off until next Friday now....

dex14 06-12-19 09:34 AM

Re: Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

29% currently: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men...international/

E Unit 06-12-19 09:46 AM

Zero interest in this. I know Sony is struggling with franchises, but this would have been more successful with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith doing another sequel.

That being said, I’ll pick up a digital copy on the cheap.

TomOpus 06-12-19 10:06 AM

I was planning on seeing it Thursday at 4pm. I might rethink.

devilshalo 06-12-19 10:24 AM

It's a 'safe' film that doesn't stray to far from formula. I did not like the way they introduce Agent H. They give him way too much swagger. He's a cocky and arrogant and has no redeeming qualities other than he takes his shirt of a lot. They try to make him the Bond of MiB. Everything in this film is predictable. It's rehashed from the first 3 films and the only acknowledgement to the tie them together is a mural and Agent O.

Had Taika Waititi written and directed this, he could do more with the two. I didn't feel the chemistry between them that they had in Thor Ragnarok.

Why So Blu? 06-12-19 10:27 AM

Mendelson didn't care for it.

I'll be skipping it.

Hokeyboy 06-12-19 11:29 AM

Finklebaum didn't care for it either.

All the trailers for this looked horrible, the advance word was not promising, and F. Gary Gray's movies are a mixed bag at best. El Paso.

DJariya 06-12-19 11:41 AM

I just got back from vacation, but I'm really sick with a nasty cold. I'm tentatively planning to see this in Dolby on Friday. We'll see if I feel better by then.

Shannon Nutt 06-13-19 06:46 AM

I have no interest in seeing this in the theater. Although I will catch it on home video. I'm a little surprised the studio thought there was any life left in the franchise.

RichC2 06-13-19 08:02 AM

There's plenty of life left in this franchise, but they seem incapable of mining it. Instead they return to the same tropes and basic storylines over, and over again. After re-watching 22 Jump Street recently, I'm kind of bummed that crossover didn't happen.

Mr. Flix 06-13-19 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13564115)
Mendelson didn't care for it.

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 13564165)
Finklebaum didn't care for it either.

Nor did Stuckmann.

I had hopes for this with the combo of Hemsworth and Thompson (not to mention Emma Thompson), but this is looking like a rental at best.

E Unit 06-13-19 11:07 AM

-all caps- we have a stuckman confirmation!! -all caps-

Mr. Flix 06-13-19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13564795)
-all caps- we have a stuckman confirmation!! -all caps-

I know he apparently bugs some people (heck, he bugs me too at times), but I find I almost always agree with his assessment of a movie.

d2cheer 06-13-19 01:34 PM

Unless this makes huge bank overseas Tessa Thompson won't have to worry about the offending word ahem..."Men" in the title of the next one because there won't be one.

Brack 06-13-19 08:14 PM

I just saw it, thought it was fun enough, though utterly predictable, but there was good chemistry between leads and supporting cast. I rated it 4 out of 5 because there’s no 3.75 option; there were some decent jokes, but it’s a very B- movie. I’m thankful for AMC A-List, as I probably would have skipped it.

Never saw MiB3 because of how lame MiB2 was, but I need to catch up with that because everything I’ve read indicates it was an improvement.

Daytripper 06-13-19 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Brack (Post 13565071)
I just saw it, thought it was fun enough, though utterly predictable, but there was good chemistry between leads and supporting cast. I rated it 4 out of 5 because there’s no 3.75 option; there were some decent jokes, but it’s a very B- movie. I’m thankful for AMC A-List, as I probably would have skipped it.

Never saw MiB3 because of how lame MiB2 was, but I need to catch up with that because everything I’ve read indicates it was an improvement.

You owe it to yourself to see "MiB3". It's quite good. Helped me forget about the awful "MiB2" too.

Hokeyboy 06-14-19 11:57 AM

MIB3 was actually quite good. In a lot of ways, I think it's the best of the series.

Daytripper 06-14-19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 13565353)
MIB3 was actually quite good. In a lot of ways, I think it's the best of the series.

Agree with you there. I think it was the best as well.

Bluelitespecial 06-14-19 02:58 PM

I was at the theater last night for John Wick and hardly saw anyone walking in for the MIB screenings.

Decker 06-14-19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13565431)
I was at the theater last night for John Wick and hardly saw anyone walking in for the MIB screenings.

Weren't you in another theater though? :hscratch:

Bluelitespecial 06-14-19 04:01 PM

I meant the theater wasn’t crowded at all last night.

OldBoy 06-14-19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13565442)
Weren't you in another theater though? :hscratch:

He probably was walking to JW and MiB:I started similar in close screen, therefore probably saw who was going in. C’mon Deck. I expect better from a Juilliard trained doctor.

boredsilly 06-14-19 04:09 PM

My friend wants to see this, so I'm going to tag along with her more than likely (she sees the dumb shit I want to see often enough), but I already resent that this movie is an hour 55.

TomOpus 06-14-19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13565452)
He probably was walking to JW and MiB:I started similar in close screen, therefore probably saw who was going in. C’mon Deck. I expect better from a Juilliard trained doctor.

Were the starting times the same?