DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   YEWTNOTOMT - What's the name of this movie? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/647845-yewtnotomt-whats-name-movie.html)

GatorDeb 06-07-19 05:14 AM

YEWTNOTOMT - What's the name of this movie?

The character makes a kid kneel in front of flowers in a field and the character tells the kid look at the flowers and shoots the kid in the back of the head. There's a GOT meme going on and I remember watching the movie but I don't remember the name. Thanks!

TomOpus 06-07-19 05:16 AM

Re: YEWTNOTOMT - What's the name of this movie?

It's not a movie, it's a tv show. It's an episode of The Walking Dead.

RIP Lizzie.

GatorDeb 06-07-19 05:40 AM

I'm still thinking of a movie, though, even if it wasn't the source of the meme. I remember that scene from a movie.

Shannon Nutt 06-07-19 06:24 AM

It's definitely The Walking Dead. You may be thinking of another movie where something similar happens, but the "look at the flowers" bit is definitely the killing on The Walking Dead.

Hokeyboy 06-07-19 06:24 AM

"Look at the flowers, Lizzie..."

I remember that distinctly from The Walking Dead but if they cribbed it from a movie, then they are cheap thieving motherfuckers because that was an amazing scene.

Please explain that acronym by the way. I'm clueless! :shrug:

GatorDeb 06-07-19 06:31 AM

Yet Another* What's The Name Of This Old Movie Thread :D

Don't focus on the words, focus on the scene :) This predates TWD (and I DID watch that ep, I stopped on season 7).

* Looking back should have been YEA instead of YE.

Dan 06-07-19 07:55 AM

The Walking Dead - Season 4, Episode 14 - The Grove.

:D

dex14 06-07-19 08:02 AM

You aren't thinking of Of Mice and Men, right?

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Ddap2Pyhtw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

movieguru 06-07-19 09:00 AM

Probably not it but somewhat similiar to the scene you're describing was the scene in Of Mice and Men. Lennie wasn't a child but "child like". He was on his kneetalking about plants and crops when he was shot in the back of the head.

dex14 06-07-19 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 13561623)
Probably not it but somewhat similiar to the scene you're describing was the scene in Of Mice and Men. Lennie wasn't a child but "child like". He was on his kneetalking about plants and crops when he was shot in the back of the head.

Like in the clip I posted literally right above your post? :lol:

movieguru 06-07-19 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13561625)

Like in the clip I posted literally right above your post? :lol:

LOL. When I scrolled through the to the bottom of the thread to post a response I saw the picture briefly but was thinking it was the Walking Dead scene. Really though, whatever scene the OP is describing is very likely an homage to the scene from Of Mice and Men.

dex14 06-07-19 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 13561629)
LOL. When I scrolled through the to the bottom of the thread to post a response I saw the picture briefly but was thinking it was the Walking Dead scene. Really though, whatever scene the OP is describing is very likely an homage to the scene from Of Mice and Men.

Yea, it sounds like they are blurring the two together.

GatorDeb 06-07-19 06:30 PM

No, still looking for it :( Definitely a child, not TWD.

DaveyJoe 06-07-19 07:03 PM

There's also a similar scene in Of Mice and Men.

Mondo Kane 06-07-19 07:04 PM

Alpha Dog? Granted, that was a teen, but it's tough to think of movies where children take bullets to the back of the head.

Count Dooku 06-08-19 08:43 PM

I'll just tag in on this existing thread.

It's an old black-and-white movie probably from the 40s. The scene I remember is a man (let's say Bob) shows up in a boss's office. Bob has been sent there by someone (let's say Fred) to work for the boss. Bob gives the boss a letter of introduction. Bob says that he will be a BROTHER to the boss, just like Bob has been a BROTHER to Fred.
The boss reads the letter and it says: This guy has been a BOTHER to me, and now he can BOTHER you.

I think that Bob is an heavily accented immigrant, thus the problem with English.

I thought that it was a Marx Bros movie. Bob being Chico and the boss being Groucho, but I asked someone who is a Marx Bros fan, and he said the scene was not familiar.