DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Forever Purge (2021, D: Gout) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/647636-forever-purge-2021-d-gout.html)

dex14 05-13-19 03:06 PM

The Forever Purge (2021, D: Gout)

The untitled next chapter of The Purge franchise will hit cinemas on July 10, 2020, Universal announced today. The last three Purge pics have played the July month with the franchise’s four films grossing more than $456M worldwide.

Series creator James DeMonaco is back writing a new tale centering on the 12-hour lawless rampage, and Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes are back producing. Jason Blum will produces along with Man in a Tree Duo DeMonaco and Sébastien K. Lemercier (Assault on Precinct 13, The Purge TV series) and Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. A director will be announced down the road.

The next Purge will go up against Sony’s untitled Ghostbusters movie from Jason Reitman.

In addition, Uni also announced that an untitled Amblin wide release is slotted for November 20, 2020. That’s the weekend before Thanksgiving, and Warner Bros.’ has Dune debuting on that date.
https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-pur...202613733/amp/

E Unit 05-13-19 03:13 PM

re: The Forever Purge (2021, D: Gout)

I thought The First Purge was going to be the last? I like them, even though they're sorely missing something. I'll still more than likely watch this one. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the series yet, but I heard it isn't bad at all.

dex14 05-13-19 04:01 PM

I thought the TV show was horrible. I couldn’t even finish it.

Koby 05-13-19 04:32 PM

After the shitty TV show and the abysmal last movie I'm kind of surprised this franchise is still on-going.

Jason 05-13-19 07:09 PM

What's left to say? They've shown us a suburban nightmare, anarchy in the streets, the collapse of the New Founding Fathers, and the origins of the Purge. Not sure what's left to share? Maybe The Purge: Redneck Rampage? The Canadian Purge, where they very politely kill you and then apologize about it? Purge for Kids?

Don't get me wrong, these movies were a lot more fun than I expected, but it's hardly an open ended concept.

TGM 05-13-19 08:04 PM

the show wasn't too bad if you kept your expectations low.

always down for more Purge movies.

TheMovieman 05-13-19 08:05 PM

Never watched the show and didn't care for the last one. Skip.

melasnus 05-13-19 11:49 PM

I'm all in for another go around.
I love these Purge movies...:D

dex14 08-01-19 05:00 PM

Everardo Gout, who recently helmed several episodes of Nat Geo’s “Mars” series, has come on board to direct Blumhouse Productions, Platinum Dunes and Universal Pictures’ next installment in “The Purge” franchise.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/p...rs-1203288438/

candyrocket786 08-02-19 11:36 AM

If it has Frank Grillo... then I'm in.

dex14 10-25-19 12:35 PM

Mexican actress Ana de la Reguera has nabbed the lead role in the latest Purge horror thriller from Blumhouse, Platinum Dunes and Universal.

Details about the upcoming thriller are being kept in the vault, but sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that it does take Purge out of its usual metropolitan setting while still dealing with class and race issues in the way the previous films have.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...eguera-1249818

DJariya 01-07-20 02:56 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Count Hunger Games and True Detective actress Leven Rambin in for Blumhouse/Platinum Dunes/Universal’s untitled Purge 5 which is being directed by Everado Gout.

Universal is releasing the next chapter on July 10; the franchise having clocked well over $456M worldwide. The last movie, 2018’s The First Purge, became the highest grossing in the series, earning $137M WW. Series creator James DeMonaco is writing the fifth movie centering around America’s annual 12-hour lawless rampage. The Purge series on the USA network is in its second season.

Rambin recently starred opposite Chris Noth on WGN’s series Gone with previous appearances on Hulu series The Path and HBO’s 2015 edition of True Detective as Athena Bezzerides. Her feature credits include The Dirt, Lost Child, Hunger Games, Two Night Stand and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

dex14 01-07-20 04:28 PM

I like her.

dex14 05-12-21 11:02 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...582032514d.jpg

This summer, all the rules are broken as a sect of lawless marauders decides that the annual Purge does not stop at daybreak and instead should never end in The Forever Purge.

Vaulting from the record-shattering success of 2018’s The First Purge, Blumhouse’s infamous terror franchise hurtles into innovative new territory as members of an underground movement, no longer satisfied with one annual night of anarchy and murder, decide to overtake America through an unending campaign of mayhem and massacre. No one is safe.

Adela (Ana de la Reguera, Cowboys & Aliens) and her husband Juan (Tenoch Huerta, Days of Grace) live in Texas, where Juan is working as a ranch hand for the wealthy Tucker family. Juan impresses the Tucker patriarch, Caleb (Will Patton, Halloween), but that fuels the jealous anger of Caleb’s son, Dylan (Josh Lucas, Ford v Ferrari).

On the morning after The Purge, a masked gang of killers attacks the Tucker family—including Dylan’s wife (Cassidy Freeman, HBO’s The Righteous Gemstones), and his sister (Leven Rambin, The Hunger Games), forcing both families to band together and fight back as the country spirals into chaos and the United States begins to disintegrate around them.

From a screenplay by franchise creator and narrative mastermind James DeMonaco, The Forever Purge is directed by Everardo Gout, writer-director of the award-winning thriller Days of Grace. The film is produced by the franchise’s founding producers: Jason Blum for his Blumhouse Productions; Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller; and Man in a Tree duo James DeMonaco and his longtime producing partner Sébastien K. Lemercier. The film’s executive producers are Marcei A. Brown, Everardo Gout and Jeanette Volturno. Universal Pictures presents, in association with Perfect World Pictures, a Platinum Dunes/Blumhouse/Man in a Tree production.

Runaway 05-12-21 11:48 AM

Re: The Forever Purge (2021, D: Gout)

Looks pretty cool to me. Despite not being really good, I really like the franchise. The movies as well as the tv show. The Purge: Anarchy is the best one, especially due to Frank Grillo. I hope the Forever Purge isn't the last one, despite Blumhouse saying so.

IBJoel 05-12-21 02:22 PM

"Does this translate" sealed the deal for me. That was great :lol:

I'm kind of wondering the politics of this one, since the wealthy were pretty clearly the bad guys in the other films. Is it a commentary on socially conservatives feeling betrayed by classical liberals? (mods, feel free to delete this sentence if you feel it's veering too much into P&R)

Why So Blu? 05-12-21 02:45 PM

Let's put this franchise out of its misery. They've squandered every opportunity. The only reason they keep cranking them out is that they cost nothing to make. Even the tv series is better than the films and that's not saying much.

dsa_shea 05-15-21 08:06 PM

Looks like racists trying to just murder Hispanics.

DJariya 06-23-21 01:10 PM

Pre-sale tickets are now up for this.

I went ahead and got one. Doesn't look like this will have premium screenings, not that I really care about that for a Purge movie. So regular screening is fine with me. Seeing it next Friday.

Why So Blu? 06-23-21 08:39 PM

I had made my comment ^ two posts up before watching the trailer. I watched the trailer and goddamn it I want to see it! lol

I just finished season 2 of the tv series and I think 2 seasons worth of series is way better than the films have been. Too bad they canceled season 3. Maybe another network can scoop it up from USA Network.

DJariya 06-25-21 05:33 PM

DeMonaco says he’s already working on a possible 6th movie.

https://comicbook.com/horror/news/th...nchise-expand/

dex14 06-30-21 02:34 PM

Reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_forever_purge

dex14 07-01-21 08:27 PM

This was the best one since Anarchy.

OldBoy 07-01-21 08:45 PM

What are these movies about now? Is Frank Grillo still in it or was that just a one and done Purge Something I saw some time? I just remember Ethan Hawke was in first and it wasn’t too memorable. Was Lena Headley in too? I dunno, don’t remember much, but keep seeing these each year. And the series. Is that any good? What the hell is it about, if the Purge is supposed to be 1 day?

DJariya 07-01-21 08:49 PM

What you don’t already own the entire series on digital? ;)

Grillo was in two of the movies.

I’m catching a matinee tomorrow. Going to a Regal because I have a free pass and they are giving free sodas for all tickets this weekend.