Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Gemini Man (2019, D: Ang Lee) S: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Gemini Man (2019, D: Ang Lee) S: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong

Old 04-23-19, 08:08 AM

Gemini Man is an innovative action-thriller starring Will Smith as Henry Brogan, an elite assassin, who is suddenly targeted and pursued by a mysterious young operative that seemingly can predict his every move. The film is directed by Academy Awardģ-winning filmmaker Ang Lee and produced by renowned producers Jerry Bruckheimer, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Don Granger. Also starring are Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen and Benedict Wong. Gemini Man opens in theaters October 11, 2019.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1025100

More de-aging!!

Last edited by dex14; 04-23-19 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-23-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Gemini Man (2019, D: Ang Lee) S: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong

Didn't know this was being made.

Looks enjoyable.

Ang Lee's delicate filmmaking style can be great in the action adventure genre. The original Hulk film would have matched up nicely if given a chance in the MCU. It was sorta a prelude to perfecting the MCU.
Old 04-23-19, 08:59 AM

Re: Gemini Man (2019, D: Ang Lee) S: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong

The de-aging technology looks pretty good, but it still doesn't beat Joseph Gordon-Levitt in strange prosthetics.
Old 04-23-19, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I liked 500 Days of Summer too, Groucho.
Old 04-23-19, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks interesting. Maybe a return to 90s glory for both Smith and Jerry Bruckheimer.
Old 04-23-19, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aw, hell no-no.
Old 04-23-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Aw, hell no-no.
Agreed. He looks like a character in a video game, and the exploding dirt bike doesn't help...
Old 04-24-19, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The trailer doesn't inspire me much...looks too derivative.
Old 04-24-19, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since the trailer and poster pretty much gave everything away, I'll wait for a rental.
Old 04-24-19, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Agreed. He looks like a character in a video game, and the exploding dirt bike doesn't help...
The fights between the two Will's look as bad as the burly brawl from the Matrix Reloaded.
Old 04-24-19, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 04-25-19, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This movie has been rolling around Hollywood for years. I got really excited about it back in the 90s when it was being eyed at as a vehicle for Sean Connery to go against his younger James Bond self. I think the concept is solid, but Will Smith means that I now have little to no interest in it. So many great actors they could have gotten for this role and they go with the Vanilla Prince of acting.
Old 04-26-19, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But it's Ang Lee. Even his failures are interesting. I'll see this.
Old 04-26-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least itís not Will vs Jaden.
Old 04-26-19, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The de-aging looks pretty good. The only thing that seems "off" is that I know that's not what Will Smith looks like these days.
Old 04-26-19, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
This movie has been rolling around Hollywood for years. I got really excited about it back in the 90s when it was being eyed at as a vehicle for Sean Connery to go against his younger James Bond self. I think the concept is solid, but Will Smith means that I now have little to no interest in it. So many great actors they could have gotten for this role and they go with the Vanilla Prince of acting.
I havenít heard about this project until now but that would have been awesome! Although, Iím not sure the technology was there in the 90s to give us a realistic looking Bond era Connery vs. a League of Extraordinary Gentleman era Connery.
Old 04-26-19, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
The de-aging looks pretty good. The only thing that seems "off" is that I know that's not what Will Smith looks like these days.
I saw the trailer for the first time before Avengers, and on the big screen at least, I thought the de-aging looked pretty bad to be honest. It reminded me of when they scan an actor's face for a video game, which is something that works when everyone is digital as well, but it really stood out to both my wife and I standing next to real-life people.

The action looked pretty good though.
Old 04-26-19, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
At least itís not Will vs Jaden.
Oh. It wasnít?