Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
34.97%
29.37%
21.68%
5.59%
2.80%
3.50%
0.70%
0.70%
0%
0%
0.70%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-19, 09:14 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Yup. There is so much going on here.

Oh!! First time a TV character/actor appears in the movies! Jarvis!
Old 04-25-19, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Loved the movie. Crowd was really into it. Applause at various places. Crying. Cheering. Yeah, it's long but very forgivable. Lots of characters to deal with. The topper was the ending. A tad surprising but satisfying.
Old 04-25-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I hope this doesn't sound misogynistic in any way, because it's truly not meant to be, but honestly, I didn't see the point in that "girl power" scene during the battle, where all the female characters specifically came forward to gang up on Thanos. It took me right out of the story, and just seemed unnecessary.

Besides that, I absolutely loved the movie, and thought it was the perfect culmination to the Avengers/Infinity Stones story.
Old 04-25-19, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel
I hope this doesn't sound misogynistic in any way, because it's truly not meant to be, but honestly, I didn't see the point in that "girl power" scene during the battle, where all the female characters specifically came forward to gang up on Thanos. It took me right out of the story, and just seemed unnecessary.

Besides that, I absolutely loved the movie, and thought it was the perfect culmination to the Avengers/Infinity Stones story.
I knew there’d be comments on that.

Idk... a lot of them have been pushing for a female Avengers thing. They got their little moment. Was distracting? Yea... kinda But on a bigger level...do we think “man power” if the same shot happened with all dudes?
Old 04-25-19, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

I knew there’d be comments on that.

Idk... a lot of them have been pushing for a female Avengers thing. They got their little moment. Was distracting? Yea... kinda But on a bigger level...do we think “man power” if the same shot happened with all dudes?
Honestly, with the way everyone has been fighting fairly equally in all the prior movies, yeah, it would have been equally as distracting and unnecessary if a total sausage-toss would have occurred.
Old 04-25-19, 09:45 PM

Old 04-25-19, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Incredible. Wouldn’t change a thing. Start to finish it was completely worth the wait and wrapped things up better than I could have possibly hoped for. 5 out of 5.
Old 04-25-19, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great last battle. Otherwise I was kinda disappointed. It was a lot slower than I expected. The humor didn't always seem to fit. Was going to go to the drive-in theater to see it again tomorrow, but I think I'm going to skip it.
Old 04-25-19, 09:50 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m not sure I have the words to describe what I saw. I got some about 2 hours ago and still don’t know what to say.

I’m not going to call it perfect but I can’t actually say I have anything wrong with it either. Very mild complaint would be I would have liked for it to get going a tad sooner. That being said not once did I say crap this is long or look at my watch. I was 100% tied to the movie.
Spoilers below!

Yes Black Widow dying was a bit of a shock but being that she and Hawkeye were going to vormir it was obvious one was going to die. Of course we all assumed it would be Hawkeye

Of course everyone went nuts when cap started wielding the hammer. Very cool moment just like Thor showing up in infinity war

Like another reviewer said elsewhere it was funny it was happy it was emotional it was sad it was triumphant. I mean it really ran the full spectrum. It truly closed out the last 11 years and twenty whatever movies. It’s just sad there will be no more avengers movies.

And I am perfectly ok with ending. I know some people will hate but I think it’s fitting. And damn was there a lot of tears in my screening in multiple spots. But we all knew it was coming.

And good grief Thor was ridiculous in this movie, lol
Old 04-25-19, 09:54 PM

Come on... there will be more Avengers movies. Just new members.

I CAN NOT wait to see Sam as Cap.
Old 04-25-19, 09:58 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not the same

no Thor no black widow no iron man no cap no Hawkeye. Hulk maybe but I doubt it
Old 04-25-19, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by GCS
Not the same

I don’t want the same. The reason this franchise thrives is because they change it up and will take risks.
Old 04-25-19, 10:03 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don’t have an issue with new avengers just that we are so tied to these main characters it’s just hard to see them go. It was inevitable of course but still sucks to see them go is all
Old 04-25-19, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GCS
Yes Black Widow dying was a bit of a shock but being that she and Hawkeye were going to vormir it was obvious one was going to die. Of course we all assumed it would be Hawkeye
Which was pretty dark on "our" part (our=those who wanted him to die instead), let the girl live and not the guy who has a wife/kids waiting for him if their plan works
Old 04-25-19, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GCS
I don’t have an issue with new avengers just that we are so tied to these main characters it’s just hard to see them go. It was inevitable of course but still sucks to see them go is all
That I agree with. But they’ll live on. Black Widow has her movie. Hawkeye gets a show. I do think Thor will continue on in movies. Whether it be just solo or team ups.
Old 04-25-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel

were you offended at the shot of Cap, IM and Thor walking towards Thanos together? 🙄
Old 04-25-19, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was a little disappointed we didn’t get that cool shot in the trailer of Black Widow reloading at the target range.

I LOVED the “girl power” moment. My wife also thought that part was fantastic.
Old 04-25-19, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GCS
Not the same

Maybe time for She-Hulk?

I gave it 4.5/5, thought it was very slightly imperfect, but about as close as you can expect, and amazing for a project with this scope. Loved the interaction between Banner and the Ancient One. Loved Cap and Mjolnir. My biggest objection is the whole divergent timeline issue. The Ancient One explained it quickly and well, and Banner's response might've worked wrt returning the stones to where and when they got them, but the issue still remains wrt Thanos. He traveled into the future and got himself wiped from existence before he completed the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped. So, instead of "what if you go back in time and accidentally kill your grandfather?", we are stuck with "what if your grandfather comes forward in time, before your father is conceived, and you kill your grandfather?" The problem still exists, just with a twist. And how the Hell is Captain America going to return the Power Stone, the Reality Stone, or the Soul Stone to where they got them?! Wasn't Thanos' quest for the Power Stone what brought the Guardians together? So if Gamora is no longer in the GotG-Vol1-present to try to steal the stone from StarLord, how does StarLord wind up in prison to meet the rest?

Last edited by Shoveler; 04-25-19 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-25-19, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pretty middle of the pack MCU movie in the end
some good scenes but really not as satisfying as it should have been as a whole
pretty safe and by the numbers with not much we haven't already seen before (and literally a retread of parts we have)
oh well, the journey to get here was pretty great

and that sappy music that had to play over every "emotional" scene .... so annoying
Old 04-25-19, 11:06 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
I was a little disappointed we didn’t get that cool shot in the trailer of Black Widow reloading at the target range.

I LOVED the “girl power” moment. My wife also thought that part was fantastic.
I was fine with it as well
Old 04-25-19, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I cried some more, it was awesome. Everything I wanted it to be and more.
Old 04-25-19, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Cap wielding Thor’s hammer immediately became a top scene out of all the MCU films, which is no small feat.

Also, Iron Man has a daughter...how awesome is that.
Old 04-25-19, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone else notice the kid from Iron Man 3 at the funeral scene? That was an interesting addition.

Going to be tough moving on from Evans and RDJ. At least Hemsworth is game to stick around.

A very good movie. Winter Solider is still my favorite however.
Old 04-25-19, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Anyone else notice the kid from Iron Man 3 at the funeral scene? That was an interesting addition.
We had to Google him. That scene was nuts with the number of people (though it looked like most/all were green-screened in).
Old 04-25-19, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Hail Hydra scene in the elevator was brilliant ....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.