Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
34.97%
29.37%
21.68%
5.59%
2.80%
3.50%
0.70%
0.70%
0%
0%
0.70%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-19, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by The Antipodean

there was a scene at end where Quill is shown hunting for Gamora on a computer screen. Pretty clearly setting up GOTG3 to include a ‘search for Gamora’ arc.
Yeah, but... Where did she go? She was with them in battle, and next thing we know, Quill is looking at her picture in the ship. Did she just wander off without talking to any of the other GOTG?
Old 04-26-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
Yeah, but... Where did she go? She was with them in battle, and next thing we know, Quill is looking at her picture in the ship. Did she just wander off without talking to any of the other GOTG?
well, that’s the question isn’t it? Don’t forget this gamora doesn’t even know the other GOTG.
Old 04-26-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I feel like I missed something. Where was Gamora at the end of the movie?
She was with Nebula - I thought they were all on Quill's ship but on a different section of it.
Old 04-26-19, 04:33 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Maybe she was included in the dusting of everyone who came with Past Thanos.
Old 04-26-19, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I feel like I missed something. Where was Gamora at the end of the movie?
Don’t you mean why is Gamora at the end of the movie?
Old 04-26-19, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Don’t you mean why is Gamora at the end of the movie?
I'll do you one better: WHO is Gamora at the end of the movie?
Old 04-26-19, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
A stand in just sits there while the production sets up the shots, lights, etc. so the talent doesn't have to sit there for hours. There are also credited stand-ins for Chris Evans, Scar Jo, etc. Does that mean they didn't film their parts either?
You don’t have to be an ass about it. I didn’t know and couldn’t read every single credit.
Old 04-26-19, 04:40 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I didn’t doubt for a second giving this a five out of five. Everything just clicked. Everyone at least had a moment. The emotional scenes were just great, and felt well earned. The humor was plentiful. Perfect? Well, maybe not, but it was so good in so many ways that it earned a top score for me. Can’t wait to see it again.
Old 04-26-19, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don’t let all this talk about Cap A’s heroics and the sadness of Iron Man dying distract you from the fact that Brie Larson looked amazing with short hair.
Old 04-26-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Brack
I didn’t doubt for a second giving this a five out of five. Everything just clicked. Everyone at least had a moment. The emotional scenes were just great, and felt well earned. The humor was plentiful. Perfect? Well, maybe not, but it was so good in so many ways that it earned a top score for me. Can’t wait to see it again.
I agree. I thought everything was great. The music. The plot. The settings. The humor. I loved how they cussed more, too.
Old 04-26-19, 04:48 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Don’t let all this talk about Cap A’s heroics and the sadness of Iron Man dying distract you from the fact that Brie Larson looked amazing with short hair.
Old 04-26-19, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck
Word at my local theater, someone spoiled the Force Awakens as he came out of the theater, into people waiting for the next showing. So there was security ushering us away from the lobby as we were leaving our showing of Endgame, cause that guy was there
Oh my that’s hilarious. How important is that guy or how small of a town do you live in?
Old 04-26-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah she did. It’s weird but she looked so much better in this movie than in her own. Even with long hair. She just looked different.
Old 04-26-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I really wonder if that scene was inspired by the comic or not. I feel like it has to be, and it has to be fucking bananas to be Millar, Bendis, Brubaker, Kelly Sue, Abnett and Lanning, Hitch, Starlin, or any of the other comic creators from the recent or distant past who's ideas have been mined to make these movies. It's so wild to me that so many of the ideas in these movies from comics are so new. Captain Marvel was only revamped in the last, what 5 years?
It's definitely a nod to the comics - that story was HUGE when it happened. I don't even follow the comic world that much and I saw it everywhere. It was a PERFECT way to include that and make it awesome if you don't know the backstory and more awesome if you do!
Old 04-26-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I agree. I thought everything was great. The music. The plot. The settings. The humor. I loved how they cussed more, too.
I liked the longer hair more.
Old 04-26-19, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In the beginning when Hawkeye sees his family snapped, I was halfway expecting to see airplanes fall out of the sky because pilots had vanished or whatnot. And if they kept all the past five years, what if families had moved on after thinking their loved ones were gone? What would they do with all the vanished memorials?
Old 04-26-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

If you say so. I liked her better with the long hair.
Old 04-26-19, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
If you say so. I liked her better with the long hair.
She’s hot either way. But I think I have a thing for shorter hair. Lol.
Old 04-26-19, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

She’s hot either way. But I think I have a thing for shorter hair. Lol.
Yeah, I'm kinda the opposite. For me, some women can pull of the short hair look, but it's never ever my prefered look, lol.
Old 04-26-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

In the beginning when Hawkeye sees his family snapped, I was halfway expecting to see airplanes fall out of the sky because pilots had vanished or whatnot. And if they kept all the past five years, what if families had moved on after thinking their loved ones were gone? What would they do with all the vanished memorials?
We saw a helicopter crash when Fury and Hill were snapped. I thought it was cool to just see it quiet at the farm.

And yes, the world-changing event that happened will have some consequences. I'm glad they didn't rewind to 5 years earlier. The world has to move on with EVERYONE being affected by this massive mystical event. That's pretty ballsy and cool, IMHO.

Last edited by Draven; 04-26-19 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-26-19, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Any of you catch Stan Lee's final cameo? I thought it was cool.
Old 04-26-19, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kick ass movie through and through. The only problem with time travel plots is that they inherently have many plot holes. This one did OK filling them.

I think with someone of Portman's status they have to give her credit even if it was reused footage and/or no dialogue. Would have liked to see her have a few lines though. Thought Captain Marvel would play a more key role. She certainly showed up in the nick of time but being the most powerful I'm surprised they kept her sidelined.

I liked the girl power scene.

The scene where the Black Panther showed up with his crew drew some strong cheers from the crowd.

I'm going to see it again tomorrow.
Old 04-26-19, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

This is very nerdy... What was with the “snapping of fingers”? I figured the dusting was more caused by a consciousness thing. Like a thought in the mind of the person holding the stones. And the snapping of fingers was symbolic. In the movie, the logic was that the physical act of snapping fingers caused and reversed the dusting.
Old 04-26-19, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
The scene where the Black Panther showed up with his crew drew some strong cheers from the crowd.
I cheered during that scene as well.

Definitely a sign of how much I missed T'Challa, Okoye & Shuri as well as how awesome all of those characters are.

I got a $5 Reward from Fandango this morning so I might try to check this out one more time in the next week.
Old 04-26-19, 07:02 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

I recognized everyone in the funeral scene, except one young boy (maybe young teenager) with dark hair. And he was by himself, not in a little group like most others.

Anyone know who that was? My wife noticed him too, and commented that he looked like a young Tony.

Edit: never mind, I read that it's the kid from IM3.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.