DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/647419-avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-2019-%97-spoiler-filled-reviews-thread.html)

Jay G. 07-17-19 08:05 PM

Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 13578224)
I say re-release it again. This time with free BJs from Feige with every ticket purchased. We’ll see how much they really want to beat Avatar.

I don't think he'd get through a full audience that way before the movie ended. He could....

NSFW
Spoiler:
...jerk them off if their penises went tip-to-tip and he jerked them off middle out.

OldBoy 07-17-19 08:12 PM

Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Why not just re-release it with no sexual perks? People will pay and it will top Avatar...

Jay G. 07-17-19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13579818)
Why not just re-release it with no sexual perks?

Oh, you're no fun.

rocket1312 07-17-19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13579769)
You do know there are mostly males on this site, right?

Well yeah, who else would be interested in getting a free BJ?

GoldenJCJ 07-17-19 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13579818)
Why not just re-release it with no sexual perks? People will pay and it will top Avatar...

Pssh, James Cameron would give round the clock BJs if he had to. That’s why he’s number 1. Jimmy gets results. By. Any. Means. Necessary.

Shannon Nutt 07-18-19 06:11 AM

If Endgame passes Avatar and its final tally is less than 10 million over Avatar's numbers (and it almost certainly will be), you KNOW Cameron will re-release Avatar in theaters before Avatar 2 comes out.

d2cheer 07-18-19 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 13579918)
If Endgame passes Avatar and its final tally is less than 10 million over Avatar's numbers (and it almost certainly will be), you KNOW Cameron will re-release Avatar in theaters before Avatar 2 comes out.

And he should.

Draven 07-18-19 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 13579952)
And he should.

If for no other reason then to remind us why we shouldn’t see Avatar 2.

Meathead 07-18-19 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 13579980)

If for no other reason then to remind us why we shouldn’t see Avatar 2.

Exactly! :lol:

Trevor 07-18-19 12:13 PM

For me, Avatar’s success proves the existence of a devil that makes deals. I love Cameron’s other films, even Titanic. Love cheesy sci-fi. One of the few that loves and owns 3D. But that movie just all around stinks.

Back on topic, Endgame is the first Marvel movie that I’m considering not buying the physical release. Combination of superhero fatigue and embracing digital perhaps.

TomOpus 07-18-19 12:37 PM

I make very few physical purchases anymore but Endgame will be one.

Boba Fett 07-19-19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 13579918)

Disney owns it now; they can prevent it.

DJariya 07-20-19 08:16 PM

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/a...G3hulN7AozO9ZE

Officially broke the record passing Avatar.

GoldenJCJ 07-20-19 08:19 PM

Their desperation in getting to #1 was a little embarrassing but Avatar really doesn’t deserve the top spot so, I guess I’m ok with this. :lol: :shrug:

tanman 08-09-19 01:20 AM

TheMovieman 08-16-19 01:45 PM

I like this Youtuber. Breaks down some of the issues with this movie:

melasnus 08-22-19 11:52 PM

Watched tonight for the first time.

Disappointing for me.
It just doesn't measure up to the preceding movies.
Not enough jokes, not enough action, and MORE than enough melodrama.
The time travel MacGuffin stunk.

Excellent acting by Scarlett and Downey.
The new CGI Hulk was kinda creepy looking.
Stretching the 3rd movie to include a fourth didn't work out well IMO.

To make matters worse, the 4K UHD isn't an eye-popper either.
Audio is good, however.

E Unit 08-23-19 11:03 PM

Huh? 4K presentation is outstanding. The only thing better is the Atmos track which like you said is good. Actually it’s awesome.

melasnus 08-24-19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13597344)
Huh? 4K presentation is outstanding.

With all the up-close melodrama shots, it rarely gets an opportunity to shine.
It's not bad 4K UHD, but just not Tier 1.

E Unit 08-24-19 07:55 PM

Yeah, it pretty much is. Up close and way back. They did a great job with the transfer.

tanman 08-25-19 02:01 AM

Couple of things I have questions about on subsequent viewings.

Can anyone wield Stormbreaker? Odin didn't place an enchantment on it so is that why Thanos can try to push it into Thor's chest?

Shouldn't Hawkeye and Black Widow know who Red Skull is? Wouldn't he be pretty prominent in SHIELD history? "Hey Clint doesn't that guy look like the guy who formed Hydra in our SHIELD history books?

Brack 08-25-19 02:40 AM

I didn’t it as see Thanos wielding Stormbreaker, but used his incredible strength to use the weapon against Thor. This is the same guy who whooped Hulk like he was nothing, and turned Cap’s shield into scrap metal.

SHIELD history books? :lol: Not sure how important or interesting that tidbit will would be in the movie. They would probably think he’s been dead a long time ago.

fujishig 08-25-19 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by tanman (Post 13597740)
Couple of things I have questions about on subsequent viewings.

Can anyone wield Stormbreaker? Odin didn't place an enchantment on it so is that why Thanos can try to push it into Thor's chest?

Shouldn't Hawkeye and Black Widow know who Red Skull is? Wouldn't he be pretty prominent in SHIELD history? "Hey Clint doesn't that guy look like the guy who formed Hydra in our SHIELD history books?

There are people in the audience who have watched the first Captain America who didn't recognize the Red Skull, so I can see them being like "oh, just another guy with a creepy skeleton face"

maxfisher 08-25-19 09:58 PM

One small thing bugged me when rewatching this. They made such a big deal out of the infinity stones’ impact on those holding them, with unbelievable power coursing through them. Seems pretty off that Thanos doesn’t immediately sense when Iron Man pockets them off the gauntlet.

tanman 08-26-19 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Brack (Post 13597745)
I didn’t it as see Thanos wielding Stormbreaker, but used his incredible strength to use the weapon against Thor. This is the same guy who whooped Hulk like he was nothing, and turned Cap’s shield into scrap metal.

SHIELD history books? :lol: Not sure how important or interesting that tidbit will would be in the movie. They would probably think he’s been dead a long time ago.

Yeah I was mostly joking but they did establish that SHIELD was also a training organization for agents including classes and professors. And you'd think some of the top agents would know more about the history of the organization. Red Skull was a pretty important part of SHIELD's history. And I know it's not important and I don't consider it a plot hole. Just think of it more like shower thoughts on Endgame :)