Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
34.97%
29.37%
21.68%
5.59%
2.80%
3.50%
0.70%
0.70%
0%
0%
0.70%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-19, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 956 Likes on 663 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by jpcamb
Armature...

https://www.insideedition.com/marvel...00-times-53748

I've seen it twice in theaters and am tempted to see it a third time for the extra footage as I have a vacation coming up. Not sure if the wife would be down for a second viewing though...
The wife? How can someone do that that has any kind of semblance of a social life? Or any kind of life really.
Old 06-25-19, 08:06 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 06-25-19, 08:12 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Weakest promo ever.
Old 06-25-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Finally saw this. It was ok.

Thanos/Brolin
Old 06-27-19, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by E Unit
Weakest promo ever.
Agreed. So it looks like the "bonus" features consist of an intro from the director, a deleted scene and the after credits scene is likely a promo for Spider-Man? Weak sauce. But to his credit Kevin Feige did seem to play down the "rerelease" saying it was more of a marketing thing than a special edition.
Old 06-27-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I think it's just a final push before a home release, hoping to get it's BO over Avatar's.
Old 06-27-19, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Tickets are almost sold out at my local Cinemark for Fri/Sat showings. I have a feeling they will be passing Avatar's re-release numbers shortly.
Old 06-27-19, 06:29 PM

That’s a given at this point.
Old 06-28-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Lame. That's some shit you can wait for on BD. But the lemmings will be there.
Old 06-28-19, 09:17 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

And just people who liked it and want to see it again.
Old 06-28-19, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Went to see the re-release today at noon and it was a fully packed theater. We saw everything and then stayed for the credits and.... the idiots at AMC had put the original theatrical release on instead of the new re-release with additional scenes. Everyone was furious, not only because of this, but also because they didn't give us the promo posters that were advertised with the release. Everyone stormed out of the theater asking for the manager. She came over with security and didn't understand why we were angry about. When the group explained that the reason that the film was out in theaters again was because of additional scenes, she reacted surprised as it was the first time she had heard about this. Manager gave a call to corporate and after 15 minutes she "surprisingly" found the posters and proceeded to give us a copy and then she gave us a free pass to any movie. I, as well as other A-List Stubs Members, explained that a pass wouldn't be any good for us as we get to see 3 movies per week freely with our sub and she contacted corporate again. She took our info and I also sent an email, so now we are waiting to see what will AMC do to make it right.
Old 06-28-19, 08:54 PM

Old 06-28-19, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Went to see the re-release today at noon and it was a fully packed theater. We saw everything and then stayed for the credits and.... the idiots at AMC had put the original theatrical release on instead of the new re-release with additional scenes. Everyone was furious, not only because of this, but also because they didn't give us the promo posters that were advertised with the release. Everyone stormed out of the theater asking for the manager. She came over with security and didn't understand why we were angry about. When the group explained that the reason that the film was out in theaters again was because of additional scenes, she reacted surprised as it was the first time she had heard about this. Manager gave a call to corporate and after 15 minutes she "surprisingly" found the posters and proceeded to give us a copy and then she gave us a free pass to any movie. I, as well as other A-List Stubs Members, explained that a pass wouldn't be any good for us as we get to see 3 movies per week freely with our sub and she contacted corporate again. She took our info and I also sent an email, so now we are waiting to see what will AMC do to make it right.
I'm surprised they would even have the older version of the film still. Do theaters get to keep them even after they're done showing them?
Old 06-28-19, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I'm surprised they would even have the older version of the film still. Do theaters get to keep them even after they're done showing them?
Good question.
Old 06-28-19, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I was surprised about that too. I don't know how things work at movie theaters anymore. I've heard thing that most of them are digital and everything is done through computers, but really don't know how AMC does it. This version didn't even have the Spider-Man trailer at the end or the message from Tom Holland at the beginning of the film and the Spidey trailer wasn't shown before the movie either. That's why I'm guessing the one shown today was the original version of the film released back on April 26th.
Old 06-28-19, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Went and saw the Bring Back edition at Regal today. Small, 6 row theater, about half filled for 11am.
They proceeded to show all of the bonus content prior to the movie. If it was my first time seeing it the deleted/unfinished scene would have given away Hulk's post 5 year status. Also, the lights came on early because I guess they didn't set the timer for the extended time.
And, they didn't change the name to add "Bring Back" until after I bought tickets, so I hope I get my Regal bonus points.

I got 2 posters, and both of them had a wrinkled corner. It looked like the case they got had no packing material in it. Just all of the posters laying flat in a stack in the box.
Old 06-28-19, 09:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts

I wouldn’t think so. Too much risk of pirating (or even more so) with those kids running our theaters...
Old 06-28-19, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

It was still playing it nearly 1000 theaters last weekend (6/21-6/23).
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...marvel2019.htm

Those theaters maybe only got the new material as a separate package to add, which is why one theater somehow didn't know/forgot, and another apparently added the new stuff to the beginning of the film, instead of after.

The movie expanded back out to a little over 2000 theaters this weekend, so there's basically a 50/50 chance whether the theater you see it in this weekend was playing it last weekend.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4524&p=.htm
Also worth mentioning is Avengers: Endgame, which Disney is expanding back into 2,025 locations (+1,040) this weekend after announcing the box office juggernaut will be released on digital at the end of July and Blu-ray in mid-August.
Old 06-29-19, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So..what's the added stuff like?
Old 06-29-19, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
So..what's the added stuff like?
This article describes the new content:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/28/aven...ted-scene.html

Spoiler:
A tribute to Stan Lee

When the credits finally roll, the first new clip fans are treated to is a short tribute to the late Stan Lee. Lee was the iconic writer and producer behind many of Marvel’s most popular characters. He has been a staple in Marvel films since the beginning, showing up in small cameo roles in nearly every feature from “Iron Man” onward. “Not only did I not think I would be doing a cameo in such a big movie, I hadn’t dreamt there’d be such a big movie,” Lee says in a voiceover. “In those days, I was writing those books, I was hoping they’d sell so I wouldn’t lose my job and that I could keep paying the rent.” The tribute shows behind-the-scenes clips of Lee filming several of his cameos as well as comments from several directors of Marvel films including Jon Favreau ( “Iron Man”) and James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy”). “I’ve remembered every cameo I’ve done since the first one,” Lee says in footage shot before his death in November. He was 95. “I think I’m a very lucky guy.”

What has the Hulk been up to?

Next up is a deleted scene from “Endgame.” The film already clocked in at over three hours, so the production team had to trim a few clips to make the run time lower. “Thanks for sticking around,” co-director Anthony Russo says in a short clip before the deleted scene. “As you may have noticed we packed a lot into this movie. There are a lot of characters, a lot of action, a lot of emotion, and I think a lot of fun. But believe it or not we shot some scenes that we needed to cut out; I know, the movie could have been even longer.” The scene is unfinished and short. It depicts the Hulk saving several people from a building fire using a satellite dish to carry them to safety. He then receives a phone call, which he picks up on what appears to be an iPad.“Steve who?” Bruce Banner asks, now transformed into what has been called “Professor Hulk,” a melding of Banner and Hulk into an intelligent and massively strong being. The Hulk is not fully rendered in this scene. His mouth doesn’t even move when he speaks his lines. But it shows that he was still out in the world helping innocent people in times of trouble after “the snap.” It is suggested that this is the phone call that leads to Banner meeting up with Captain America (Steve Rogers), Black Widow (Natasha Rominoff) and Ant-Man (Scott Lang) at a diner during the first part of “Endgame.”

Here comes Spider-Man

To promote the upcoming “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” Marvel has also inserted a short clip from the film during the post-credits. It is the opening scene to the second standalone Spider-Man flick in this Marvel Cinematic Universe. It shows Nick Fury and Maria Hill arriving at a Mexican village that has been destroyed by some natural disaster. Or so it seems. As the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents walk through the rubble, they are greeted by Mysterio and a giant rock monster. “You don’t want any part of this,” he says as he attacks the monster with his powers, green energy flying from his hands
Old 06-29-19, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

You would think with all the money that this has made they could have at least finished the scene for this re-release.
Old 06-29-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jay G.
This article describes the new content:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/28/aven...ted-scene.html

Spoiler:
A tribute to Stan Lee

When the credits finally roll, the first new clip fans are treated to is a short tribute to the late Stan Lee. Lee was the iconic writer and producer behind many of Marvel’s most popular characters. He has been a staple in Marvel films since the beginning, showing up in small cameo roles in nearly every feature from “Iron Man” onward. “Not only did I not think I would be doing a cameo in such a big movie, I hadn’t dreamt there’d be such a big movie,” Lee says in a voiceover. “In those days, I was writing those books, I was hoping they’d sell so I wouldn’t lose my job and that I could keep paying the rent.” The tribute shows behind-the-scenes clips of Lee filming several of his cameos as well as comments from several directors of Marvel films including Jon Favreau ( “Iron Man”) and James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy”). “I’ve remembered every cameo I’ve done since the first one,” Lee says in footage shot before his death in November. He was 95. “I think I’m a very lucky guy.”

What has the Hulk been up to?

Next up is a deleted scene from “Endgame.” The film already clocked in at over three hours, so the production team had to trim a few clips to make the run time lower. “Thanks for sticking around,” co-director Anthony Russo says in a short clip before the deleted scene. “As you may have noticed we packed a lot into this movie. There are a lot of characters, a lot of action, a lot of emotion, and I think a lot of fun. But believe it or not we shot some scenes that we needed to cut out; I know, the movie could have been even longer.” The scene is unfinished and short. It depicts the Hulk saving several people from a building fire using a satellite dish to carry them to safety. He then receives a phone call, which he picks up on what appears to be an iPad.“Steve who?” Bruce Banner asks, now transformed into what has been called “Professor Hulk,” a melding of Banner and Hulk into an intelligent and massively strong being. The Hulk is not fully rendered in this scene. His mouth doesn’t even move when he speaks his lines. But it shows that he was still out in the world helping innocent people in times of trouble after “the snap.” It is suggested that this is the phone call that leads to Banner meeting up with Captain America (Steve Rogers), Black Widow (Natasha Rominoff) and Ant-Man (Scott Lang) at a diner during the first part of “Endgame.”

Here comes Spider-Man

To promote the upcoming “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” Marvel has also inserted a short clip from the film during the post-credits. It is the opening scene to the second standalone Spider-Man flick in this Marvel Cinematic Universe. It shows Nick Fury and Maria Hill arriving at a Mexican village that has been destroyed by some natural disaster. Or so it seems. As the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents walk through the rubble, they are greeted by Mysterio and a giant rock monster. “You don’t want any part of this,” he says as he attacks the monster with his powers, green energy flying from his hands

Wow, lame. Totally not worth seeing it in theaters again for that.
Old 06-29-19, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

I would think that corporate would control all aspects of handling digital "prints" and upload/delete local copies as necessary.
Old 06-30-19, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Wow, lame. Totally not worth seeing it in theaters again for that.
One thing that would have gotten me to see it again is if the theaters put it on a premium screen again. I saw it once in IMAX but haven't had a chance to watch it again. Since all the showings are just in "regular" theaters it's not as appeal to watch again.
Old 06-30-19, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tanman
One thing that would have gotten me to see it again is if the theaters put it on a premium screen again. I saw it once in IMAX but haven't had a chance to watch it again. Since all the showings are just in "regular" theaters it's not as appeal to watch again.

The only thing that would have gotten me back was that if it was an actual extended cut, with restored footage. The fanboys love to rip on Avatar but that was re-released back to theaters with 12 minutes of restored footage and then we got an even longer cut on Blu-ray, which has the entire Earth prologue. That's how it's done, not some bullshit gimmick with lame featurettes and unfinished scenes. Sorry, I don't have another 3 hour block of time for this, which is why the actual BD release in a month is what I will wait for.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.