DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/647419-avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-2019-%97-spoiler-filled-reviews-thread.html)

The Bus 04-23-19 07:59 PM

Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

My all-time favorites are still <i>The Winter Soldier</i> and <i>Civil War</i>, but this is up there. I'd group them somewhere like this:

Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, Ragnarok
Endgame, Avengers, Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Ant-Man, Avengers 2
Ant-Man & the Wasp
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Too lazy to do it thoroughly, but that's the general idea.

OldBoy 04-23-19 08:08 PM

Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

ok, that's pretty good list. i would add original IM in the top and take out WS, but others up there for sure. and original GotG than 2...

TomOpus 04-23-19 09:59 PM

Friend of mine posted "Saw it. Loved it." But he wants to discuss it with someone but he might have to wait. lol

The Antipodean 04-24-19 06:43 AM

Loved it, but man it’s also kind of exhausting. Feel like I saw 5 movies at once. Great, but I’ll be processing it all for a while!

nando820 04-24-19 08:04 AM

I keep hearing from everyone that seen it "satisfying ending" So i guess it wraps everything up with a nice bow

Orbi-Wan Techno 04-24-19 11:45 AM

GAHHHHHH! I read a supposedly spoiler-free review that mentioned ONE spoken line of dialogue that I wish I had not read, because it is hysterical and I would have LOVED to have surprised by it.... :doh:

The Antipodean 04-24-19 04:18 PM

I definitely agree going in with no spoilers at all is the way to go. I read a few mainstream reviews of it today after I saw it last night and even then they gave away a few too many things that were very pleasant surprises for me.

The Antipodean 04-24-19 04:19 PM

Oh, and there is no end credits scene at all. I think that's fair enough to say without a spoiler warning even.

The Bus 04-24-19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Antipodean (Post 13539296)
I definitely agree going in with no spoilers at all is the way to go. I read a few mainstream reviews of it today after I saw it last night and even then they gave away a few too many things that were very pleasant surprises for me.

Yes. The less you know the better.

Inhumans99 04-25-19 01:08 AM

Wait...the non-spoiler Deadline review says to be sure and sit through the credits, so maybe pre-Thursday showings did not contain the stinger(s).

JoeySeven 04-25-19 02:33 AM

Avengers infinity war is one of my favorite MCU movies.That being said. I believe I'll be one of few that did not like most of the Endgame. :(
Had high hopes,but really disappointed with Endgame.I'll post my reasons why as more users see the movie.
Even though this is a Spoiler Filled Reviews thread.

devilshalo 04-25-19 02:47 AM

I liked ENDGAME and how it wrapped up, but a few things tarnish it just a tad. There's a lot of convenient situations that present themselves. And it didn't need the final scene, that was already implied.

dex14 04-25-19 05:41 AM

Mod note: Just so we're all on the same page... No spoilers without tags should be posted until after 5pm EST on the 25th, when the first showings start.

Noonan 04-25-19 09:42 AM

I'm seeing this Monday night but I haven't caught Captain Marvel yet. Will I be missing much without having seen it first?

dex14 04-25-19 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13539683)
I'm seeing this Monday night but I haven't caught Captain Marvel yet. Will I be missing much without having seen it first?

Beyond some character background and the origin of the pager, probably not.

Noonan 04-25-19 09:46 AM

Cool. Kept putting it off and now it's to late to see it first. I'll have to wait for the BD release of that one.

Mondo Kane 04-25-19 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 (Post 13539539)
Wait...the non-spoiler Deadline review says to be sure and sit through the credits, so maybe pre-Thursday showings did not contain the stinger(s).

Ok, guys. Yes or No? Are there any credits sequences? I’m bringing a huge group tonight (Mostly older folks) and they’re gonna be pissed if I made them stay for nothing.

dex14 04-25-19 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane (Post 13539709)

Ok, guys. Yes or No? Are there any credits sequences? I’m bringing a huge group tonight (Mostly older folks) and they’re gonna be pissed if I made them stay for nothing.

All the stuff I've read said there is no scene, just the noise at the very end.

Noonan 04-25-19 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13539715)
All the stuff I've read said there is no scene, just the noise at the very end.

Same here. Seen a few reports of no credit scenes.

Inhumans99 04-25-19 11:22 AM

Hmm...I think I will trust the rest of the net that says no stinger. Good...already eating a very late dinner so leaving the theater asap will work for me.

EinCB 04-25-19 08:02 PM

Avoid Reddit by any means necessary until you've seen the film. Just...trust me on this.

Sorraffy 04-25-19 08:03 PM

(for obvious reasons) I think something a lot of people might overlook is the way it seemed like they gave Loki a way to come back

dex14 04-25-19 08:18 PM

That last hour... wow.

Yea, it takes it bit to get going. But once the BIG entrance happens in the last act happens, you can't help have a huge smile on your face.

It definitely went in some ways I didn't expect. That one death... yea... was surprised. But she'll live on in her prequel.

The marketing on this... they defintely were playing some games. Even some fake casting stories, unless scenes were cut.

Some great cameos. Surprised Redford came back. But must’ve been shot before his retirement. TWO Community cameos!

Also, good thing Captain Marvel came out before this. There is really nothing here for her character. It's cool what she gets to do, but didn't really add THAT much.

stingermck 04-25-19 08:58 PM

I'm just going to say it was perfect. My brain can't brain right now beyond that. So much on the screen .

Meathead 04-25-19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 13540138)
I'm just going to say it was perfect. My brain can't brain right now beyond that. So much on the screen .

lol pretty much sums up my reaction! Perfect indeed.