Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Atom Movie Access (subscription service)

Old 03-28-19, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Atom Movie Access (subscription service)

Atom will be pitching a new service to theaters:

MoviePass and Sinemia may be floundering, but Atom Tickets still sees opportunity in the movie theater subscription space.
However, the ticketing service is going about things very differently from those companies. Atom is launching a new offering that will enable exhibitors to launch their own customized subscription services while relying on Atomís infrastructure and technology. It hasnít signed up any theaters yet, but is starting to have conversations with exhibitors. Atom plans to pitch the service, christened Atom Movie Access, at the exhibition industry trade show, CinemaCon, which takes place next week in Las Vegas.MoviePassís low-price plans, which initially allowed users to see a movie a day for less than $10 a month, proved to be disastrous. The company has lost hundreds of millions of dollars and its parent companyís stock price is in free fall. But it did successfully introduce the idea of subscriptions to U.S. moviegoers. AMC and Cinemark have offered their own alternatives to MoviePass and other exhibitors are expected to follow suit.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/a...ce-1203174228/

Old 03-28-19, 03:55 PM

Re: Atom Movie Access (subscription service)

I was excited when I read the headline but this is a service to theater chains, similar to what Sinemia offers (not to be confused with Sinemiaís consumer subscription service). I was surprised to see that shady Sinemia had signed up some chains (including Studio Movie Grill).