DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   R.I.P. Julie Adams (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646689-r-i-p-julie-adams.html)

Brian T 02-04-19 08:43 AM

R.I.P. Julie Adams

Julie Adams, ‘Creature From the Black Lagoon’ Star, Dies at 92
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...on-1203127586/

Mabuse 02-04-19 11:07 AM

Re: R.I.P. Julie Adams

Most iconic swimming scene ever.

TomOpus 02-04-19 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mabuse (Post 13494699)
Most iconic swimming scene ever.

I'd vote Jaws

Giantrobo 02-04-19 12:50 PM

I always remembered her face. RIP

cultshock 02-04-19 12:54 PM

Oh man, that's sad to hear. :sad:

The Antipodean 02-04-19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13494705)
I'd vote Jaws

... which probably wouldn’t exist without Creature From The Black Lagoon. And Creature is the far better scene IMHO anyway.

Trevor 02-04-19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Antipodean (Post 13494801)

... which probably wouldn’t exist without Creature From The Black Lagoon. And Creature is the far better scene IMHO anyway.

Jaws is my favorite film, but you’re correct.

B5Erik 02-04-19 10:17 PM

I've seen her in a few other roles as well. I always liked her.

asianxcore 02-04-19 11:10 PM

R.I.P

Back in 2010, I was able to see Creature From The Black Lagoon after a San Francisco Giants game at (formerly) AT&T Park.

The audience got to sit on the field and watch the entire film as a part of 'Creature Features Night' on the giant scoreboard.

B5Erik 02-05-19 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 13495092)
R.I.P

Back in 2010, I was able to see Creature From The Black Lagoon after a San Francisco Giants game at (formerly) AT&T Park.

The audience got to sit on the field and watch the entire film as a part of 'Creature Features Night' on the giant scoreboard.

Now that's cool! I hate the Giants, but that's a really cool thing to do for the fans.

What a great movie, too!

Sonic 02-05-19 01:25 AM

:(

RIP gorgeous

joe_b 02-05-19 01:52 AM

I got to see a 3D double feature of CFTBL and It Came from Outer Space back in 2011. The red/blue glasses the arthouse theater handed out were leftover stock from Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. I don't know if the glasses were to blame, but the 3D was not at all effective -- but being a huge Elm Street fan, I proudly still have my pair. :lol:

I'd always hoped to meet Julie Adams at one of those horror conventions, but she never made it out to my neck of the woods. A few years back, my father ordered me a signed photo from her website for my birthday. She sent two of them (both the same photo), but with different inscriptions. One read "Stay out of dark water!" and the other "Look out for the creature!". Very nice and also a cool, tangible link to one of the all-time monster classics.

:rip:

Ash Ketchum 02-05-19 04:04 AM

Dick Miller still hasn't got a New York Times obit, but here's the one for Julie:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/o...dams-dead.html

Sonny Corinthos 02-05-19 03:39 PM

She was a very beautiful woman. RIP.

Mabuse 02-05-19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 13495120)
I got to see a 3D double feature of CFTBL and It Came from Outer Space back in 2011. The red/blue glasses the arthouse theater handed out were leftover stock from Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. I don't know if the glasses were to blame, but the 3D was not at all effective -- but being a huge Elm Street fan, I proudly still have my pair. :lol:

I'd always hoped to meet Julie Adams at one of those horror conventions, but she never made it out to my neck of the woods. A few years back, my father ordered me a signed photo from her website for my birthday. She sent two of them (both the same photo), but with different inscriptions. One read "Stay out of dark water!" and the other "Look out for the creature!". Very nice and also a cool, tangible link to one of the all-time monster classics.

:rip:

The 3-D process used for Creature was not a red/blue but a polarized process. The lenses of the glasses should have been clear.

I saw the film in proper 3-D around 2004 at the Egyptian in Hollywood. It looked great.

asianxcore 02-05-19 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by B5Erik (Post 13495111)
Now that's cool! I hate the Giants, but that's a really cool thing to do for the fans.

What a great movie, too!

It was definitely something I'll never forget. It was fun to go to a game and attend a Screening immediately after.

I believe they did this once before with Night of the Living Dead (1968), with Judith O'Dea on the field signing autographs and sharing stories.

ddrknghtrtns 02-16-19 07:09 PM

Creature From The Black Lagoon is the feature on Svengoolie tonight.