Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Score (2018) -- S: Dave Bautista, Pierce Brosnan, Ray Stevenson

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-16-19, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A group of heavily armed criminals take control of a stadium packed with 35,000 football fans. Ex-soldier Michael Knox (Dave Bautista, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, BLADERUNNER 2049, SPECTRE) is forced to use skills from his military background and everything at his disposal to save the spectators, including the life of a fallen comrade's daughter. An explosive action thriller, FINAL SCORE is directed by Scott Mann (HEIST) and also stars Pierce Brosnan (JAMES BOND), Ray Stevenson, Ralph Brown and Amit Shah.

This is now available on Amazon Prime:

Amazon Amazon

It was released on BD in November.

I actually rented it from the Google Play Store last month.

I wasn't expecting much from this at all, but it was a surprisingly pretty good action thriller. Some good fight and action scenes and while I'm not a huge fan of Dave Bautistia, he was actually decent here as the lead.

Brosnan has a small supporting role in this. It's basically Die Hard in a British soccer stadium. The 2 soccer teams playing in this movie are actually real teams. If you're an action movie fan and have Prime, it's worth watching. Not your typical low budget European action movie.
Old 01-17-19, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Final Score (2018) -- S: Dave Bautista, Pierce Brosnan, Ray Stevenson

I agree. I saw this when it was released on Blu-ray and was pleasantly surprised. Effective action-thriller even with some silly moments (like Bautista riding a motobike across a beam and onto a roof).
Old 01-17-19, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Final Score (2018) -- S: Dave Bautista, Pierce Brosnan, Ray Stevenson

If they made this movie in the 90’s when the “Die Hard in a blank” movies were in full blossom, it probably would’ve starred Jean-Claude Van Damme and had hockey teams or something.

Still, if the formula works . . .