DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Ghostbusters 3 (2020 D: Jason Reitman) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646449-ghostbusters-3-2020-d-jason-reitman.html)

Michael Corvin 05-15-10 10:34 AM

re: Ghostbusters III (2015) S: Jonah Hill

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10159667)
Yeah, that'd be cool. Maybe if whatever method of capturing the ghosts was totally different from the GBs? Different methods and tech?

That's what I was thinking. We're 25 years past the first GB movie. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine a rival company coming up with better tech (but having lower talent young 'busters') and the old guys sticking to the old ways and old tech.

islandclaws 05-15-10 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10159695)
That's what I was thinking. We're 25 years past the first GB movie. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine a rival company coming up with better tech (but having lower talent young 'busters') and the old guys sticking to the old ways and old tech.

And then, at the end, they can put aside their differences and come together to defeat the evil enemy neither could on their own!

story 05-15-10 11:45 AM

Oh, great, now I don't have to even see it! ;)

Michael Corvin 05-15-10 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 10159734)
And then, at the end, they can put aside their differences and come together to defeat the evil enemy neither could on their own!

Well duh! That shit is a given.

RocShemp 05-15-10 08:16 PM

But which team will be responsible for accidentally unleashing the ultimate evil both teams must vanquish together? I think Peter should be mostly to blame but still walks out nabbing most of the glory.

Charlie Goose 05-16-10 10:14 PM

Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it's been mentioned. Did I read that the Duchovny movie Evolution was supposed to be Ghostbusters 3? Or was that just someone's opinion that I heard?

tylergfoster 05-17-10 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 10161933)
Haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it's been mentioned. Did I read that the Duchovny movie Evolution was supposed to be Ghostbusters 3? Or was that just someone's opinion that I heard?

Just a general consensus on the style and tone, not a genuine factoid. Evolution was written as a sci-fi horror thriller, and rewritten as a comedy when Reitman came on board.

PopcornBandit 05-18-10 11:08 AM

If they do go with a female Ghostbuster, does anyone else think Lizzy Caplan could play the part?

Hokeyboy 05-18-10 11:43 AM

I would like them to replace Ernie Hudson with a Cheadle.

chuckd21 10-17-10 09:31 PM

http://imgur.com/OJxUh.jpg

RocShemp 10-17-10 09:34 PM

:banana:

Undeadcow 10-17-10 09:38 PM

Nice! 2012 couldn't come soon enough...

kstublen 10-17-10 10:02 PM

Here's a better picture:

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/wp-c...in-570x834.jpg

TGM 10-17-10 10:03 PM

so, they're really going to kill off Venkman? makes me sad.

Solid Snake 10-17-10 10:28 PM

sooooo....wtf did he say there?

Yavin 10-17-10 11:07 PM

Bill Murray looks so old in the Ghostbusters uniform ...

Solid Snake 10-17-10 11:54 PM

Hey man...I like Bill Murray in whatever form. Even dead.

ScissorPuppy 10-17-10 11:56 PM

So did they just officially announce this or something?

dan30oly 10-18-10 12:50 AM

That pic makes me both excited and really sad at the same time.

RagingBull80 10-18-10 01:14 AM

Very cool to see Bill in the uniform again even if a little weird.

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit (Post 10164763)
If they do go with a female Ghostbuster, does anyone else think Lizzy Caplan could play the part?

This is a fantastic fucking idea. I LOVE Lizzy. :thumbsup:

Nesbit 10-18-10 02:27 AM

I've always thought a third one should revolve around Murray saying, "The merchandising rights alone will make us profitable beyond our wildest dreams" or something very close to it in the first one.

Show that since the events of Ghostbusters 2 Venkman has started franchising Ghostbusting leaving the original three struggling to pay the bills on their operation. From there you can work in new Ghostbusters a ton of different ways, have Venkman in a key but limited role(maybe dawning the suit for the finale), and show respect to the original members.

Xander 10-18-10 10:16 AM

Old or not, I definitely got a thrill seeing Bill in a Ghostbusters uniform again! :banana:

tylergfoster 10-18-10 10:32 AM

It was taken at the Scream Awards. He was collecting for Zombieland (one for the movie, don't know which, and one for himself, for Best Cameo). He joked when he came out that "this was all that was clean."

According to FilmDrunk, the script has been approved by the studio, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Reitman, and is on its way to Murray. Murray is make-or-break. Really cool of him to indulge the fans, though, by doing the appearance. There's a YouTube video and he comes out to literally more than a minute's worth of cheers and yelling.

Solid Snake 10-18-10 12:21 PM

all I saw yesterday was this..was hoping for something better..if you got...give it up, sir.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNlJR6mGU9Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNlJR6mGU9Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

tylergfoster 10-18-10 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10437588)
all I saw yesterday was this..was hoping for something better..if you got...give it up, sir.

Not really better. Can't really hear Bill, it's from extra-far away...

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/10...ds-in-gb-gear/

nando820 10-18-10 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Xander (Post 10437348)
Old or not, I definitely got a thrill seeing Bill in a Ghostbusters uniform again! :banana:

me too me too

Solid Snake 10-18-10 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 10437732)
Not really better. Can't really hear Bill, it's from extra-far away...

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/10...ds-in-gb-gear/

wow...if you want to see it...turn down your speakers cuz there some stupid bitch screaming right into that camera's mic.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/itKAJMppFxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/itKAJMppFxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

islandclaws 03-01-12 04:04 PM

From Shock Till You Drop:

Dan Aykroyd talked about this vaguely earlier this month, but he has now confirmed to The Telegraph that Bill Murray won't be a part of Ghostbusters 3, if the film gets made at Sony Pictures.

"I honestly don't know. At this point it's in suspended animation," he said when asked about the film's status. "The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie. He doesn't want to be involved. He's got six kids, houses all over America. He golfs in these tournaments where they pay him to turn up and have a laugh. He's into this life and living it. I know we'd have a lot of fun [but] I can't be mad at him. He’s a friend first, a colleague second. We have a deep personal relationship that transcends business and he doesn’t want to know."

Aykroyd previously said that one possibility would be to recast Murray's role, but he adds that they are "not going to do a movie that exploits the franchise. The script has to be perfect. I'm the cheerleader, but I'm only one voice in the matter. It's a surety that Bill Murray will not do the movie, however there is still interest from the studio."

Just fucking stop already.

TomOpus 03-01-12 04:22 PM

Time to hang up those Proton Packs, boys.

Mike86 03-01-12 04:22 PM

Without the full original cast fuck the idea of making this movie. I'm fine with the Ghosbusters game being the only "sequel" we get.

PenguinJoe 03-01-12 06:07 PM

Am I the only one thats bored of this Ghostbusters 3 bullshit? I mean fucking with classics for a cash grab sequel doesn't really work (e.g. Blue Brothers 2000, Castle of the Crystal Skull, Caddyshack 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Wayne's World 2, MIB 2, and countless others)

Sonic 03-01-12 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe (Post 11136278)
Am I the only one thats bored of this Ghostbusters 3 bullshit? I mean fucking with classics for a cash grab sequel doesn't really work (e.g. Blue Brothers 2000, Castle of the Crystal Skull, Caddyshack 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Wayne's World 2, MIB 2, and countless others)

I don't get the whole raving for a 3rd either.

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 11136145)
Time to hang up those Proton Packs, boys.

I agree.

Josh-da-man 03-01-12 06:14 PM

I think it's about twenty years too late for a third Ghostbusters movie.

Just reboot the fucking thing with Eliza Dushku, Anna Faris, and Alyssa Milano as Ghostbusters: The Next Generation, let Aykroyd executive produce it, and be done with it.

GoldenJCJ 03-01-12 06:15 PM

On a side note: After reading that Shock Till You Drop blurb, I want Bill Murray's life! :(

TomOpus 03-01-12 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11136284)
Just reboot the fucking thing with Eliza Dushku, Anna Faris, and Alyssa Milano as Ghostbusters: The Next Generation

I'd be willing to slime them :D

TheMovieman 03-01-12 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe (Post 11136278)
Am I the only one thats bored of this Ghostbusters 3 bullshit? I mean fucking with classics for a cash grab sequel doesn't really work (e.g. Blue Brothers 2000, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Caddyshack 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Wayne's World 2, MIB 2, and countless others)

Don't forget about Ghostbusters 2... ;)

(and fixed one of the titles)

PenguinJoe 03-01-12 06:41 PM

I bet in the Ghostbusters 3 sequel there's a scene when they have to cross the streams and Venkman's proton pack goes out so he has to jump into a refrigerator so he doesn't die.

My Other Self 03-01-12 07:36 PM

*sigh*

I've been following these rumors since at least 1996. My first internet search ever in my life was "Ghostbusters 3". I'm over it, and have been for awhile. Back then I was clamoring for one. Hell, even Chris Farley was attached at one point.. but as I've gotten older and met Aykroyd last year, I just decided that it's not worth it. I don't care. They spun what they could of the many iterations of the script in to the video game and that was good enough. They got Murray to do that, and I'm leaving that as my sequel.

Aykroyd, even as my favorite actor, just needs to let it go. GB is my all-time favorite movie, and yes, I love GB2 as well, but that's where I want it to end. Make another video game if you want. But don't bother with a live-action movie that won't remotely hold up.

As a side not, they're re-releasing the first film in 3D at some point (2014 makes the most sense), but there's a casting call in LA right now for lookalikes to the original 4 actors. My guess is it's related to that.

PenguinJoe 03-01-12 07:42 PM

I googled old Ghostbusters rumors and this one seemed interesting. From Vincev.com

The Late, Late Show: 4-1-99. Vince was Craig Kilborn's 3rd guest on his new late show on CBS, which follows Letterman. I try to do a search on VV from CBS.com's page and this is what I get: "When looking for Vince Vaughn, you will never be disappointed as long as the bar is kept low."

Hello? Am I missing something?

Vince Filming? And, I've been told that filming starts next month for the Dwight Yoakam movie, "South of Heaven, West of Hell." Let's get a new Vince movie out there!

Is Vince in the new Jackie Chan movie? Has he bailed from Ghostbusters? Who knows for sure?! It looks like the talks are off for Ghostbusters but Shanghai Noon could still happen. Let's hope not, though, - action movies are duds. Let's see more indie COMEDIES a la Swingers!

Vince in Ghostbusters? Is Vince going to star in the next Ghostbusters? Army Archard reported that he is talking about signing on as a new "Ghostbuster." Filming to start in Spring 1999. Vince is rumored to be joining Dan Ackroyd as the newest *ghost buster.*

Hey, maybe they'll pull Ray Parker, Jr. out of hiding to do another song....
So the new Ghostbusters were going to be Chris Farley, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller?

DaveyJoe 03-01-12 07:50 PM

Is there really a group of people clamoring for another Ghostbusters film? Whenever it's brought up on the forums I frequent it's usually met with skepticism.