Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Aaron Sorkin Says "There Should Be a Sequel" to 'The Social Network'

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-12-19, 09:05 PM

Aaron Sorkin thinks there should be a Social Network sequel.

In a new AP Entertainment video, the Oscar-winning screenwriter revealed that he thinks it might be time for a follow-up to the hugely successful 2010 David Fincher film. "First of all, I know a lot more about Facebook in 2005 than I do in 2018 — but, I know enough to know that there should be a sequel," said Sorkin, laughing.

The prolific scribe revealed that he isn't the only one who thinks so, either. Social Network producer Scott Rudin appears to be eager to get another Facebook movie off the ground. "I’ve gotten more than one email from him with an article attached saying, 'Isn’t it time for a sequel?''' said Sorkin, adding: "A lot of very interesting, dramatic stuff has happened since the movie ends with settling the lawsuit from the Winklevoss twins and Eduardo Saverin."

Facebook, of course, has found itself in the center of multiple controversies recently. CEO Mark Zuckerberg, portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg in the film, and COO Sheryl Sandberg have come under fire for the company's mishandling of users' private data. The company has also suffered from other damaging stories, from the Cambridge Analytica data scandal to the attempted PR pushback against George Soros to the promotion of political violence in places like Myanmar — not to mention the role the social platform played in interference with the 2016 U.S. elections.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...etwork-1175567
I would watch. Bring back Fincher! The Social Network should’ve won Best Picture, IMO.
Old 01-12-19, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Aaron Sorkin Says "There Should Be a Sequel" to 'The Social Network'

With everything thatís happened with Facebook over the last few years, I would definitely watch a Sorkin/Fincher sequel!
Old 01-13-19, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, but get Vince Vaughn to play Zuckerberg, Mel Gibson to play Soros and Craig Zahler to direct. Keep Sorkin, Rudin and Fincher as far away from this as possible. And Lucy Liu as Zuckerberg's wife, Priscilla Chan. Oh, and Demi Moore as Sheryl Sandberg in all-out CHARLIE'S ANGELS FULL THROTTLE mode. And Nick Nolte as the "unnamed" president of the U.S.
Old 01-13-19, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
Yeah, but get Vince Vaughn to play Zuckerberg, Mel Gibson to play Soros and Craig Zahler to direct. Keep Sorkin, Rudin and Fincher as far away from this as possible. And Lucy Liu as Zuckerberg's wife, Priscilla Chan. Oh, and Demi Moore as Sheryl Sandberg in all-out CHARLIE'S ANGELS FULL THROTTLE mode. And Nick Nolte as the "unnamed" president of the U.S.
Bro, youíre supposed to puff, puff, pass. Not puff, puff, puff, puff, puff, puff....
Old 01-13-19, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It could be the corruption of Mark Zuckerberg, taking us from brilliant young programmer who just wants to be loved to the ruthless tycoon who doesn't care about Brexit so long as he gains market share. Rosebud.
Old 01-13-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post

Bro, youíre supposed to puff, puff, pass. Not puff, puff, puff, puff, puff, puff....
At 2:30 AM, there was nobody here to pass to.
Old 01-13-19, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not me. I think the origin story was more compelling than what is currently happening​.
Old 01-13-19, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

I have the title:

The Asbergers Striken Wierdo Who Never Had A Friend In His Life Who Created a Way For All the Other Aflicted Weirdoes Who Used To Be Safely Hidden in their moms basements to leak their poisonous brains into society AND who emboldened wealthy corporations who used to be content to steal our money to now feel compelled to steal our very identities and weaken all of our institutions

(I stopped trying to capitalize half way through. Sorry. Iím no Aron Sorkin).