DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Cinemark Movie Club Program -- Movie subscription program (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646305-cinemark-movie-club-program-movie-subscription-program.html)

DJariya 01-02-19 08:22 PM

Cinemark Movie Club Program -- Movie subscription program

https://cinemark.com/movieclub

Anyone here heard of the Cinemark Movie Club Program?

It's far inferior to A-List or MoviePass in it's hey day.

Here's the perks:

$8.99/month

1 2D ticket included

20% off concessions

No online fees and extra tickets are also $8.99

It seems to be a small chain, but it works in conjunction with Century Theaters and a few other small ones.

A friend gave me some passes as a gift from them a year ago and I've gone there sporadically. Recently I used one to see Bumblebee.

Well, the point of this thread is that Coke Rewards has a free 1 month trial and I went ahead and gave it a go for the free movie ticket.

This chain is not exactly convenient for me to go to. The closest one to me is about 10 miles away. As I said, I rarely go there. I only went a few times because my friend gave me 4 passes and I'm now down to my last one, not counting the free one I got from the Coke Rewards trial. I highly doubt I will renew. Actually for the price and limited perks, it's very doubtful, especially since it's so far away.

Anyone a member of this Program? Or is this chain and the perks of this program not even remotely on your radar?

The location I've gone to, Downey, CA is actually a really nice theater.

Why So Blu? 01-03-19 12:01 AM

Re: Cinemark Movie Club Program -- Movie subscription program

Cinemark Theaters are too far from me.

joe_b 01-03-19 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13472926)
This chain is not exactly convenient for me to go to. The closest one to me is about 10 miles away.

Cinemark is my closest theater and it's 12 miles away, so consider yourself lucky. I'd love to have more local theater options.

I'm a bargain matinee guy, so I have no interest in this program. Even with a 20% discount, the concessions are still overpriced.

TomOpus 01-03-19 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13472926)
https://cinemark.com/movieclub

Here's the perks:

$8.99/month

1 2D ticket included

20% off concessions

My Cinemark is $5.50 until 6pm. After 6pm it's $7.50. I don't need no stinkin' club program.

collven 01-04-19 12:38 AM

The main reason I signed up for this was the waived fees for purchasing tickets online. The nearest Cinemark to me has reserved seating now, so it's better to buy the tickets sooner rather than later. Also, XD showing are only $8.25 on Tuesdays, so the monthly "free" ticket covers that exactly, after taxes.

DaveNinja 01-04-19 11:32 AM

Most the theaters close to me are Cinemark so my wife and I got memberships. We can use it with Sinemia to avoid some online fees (all before Sinemia add their own $1.80 fee, grrr). We can save up the included tickets and take the kids. Back in the MoviePass heyday, the 20% snack discount was great.

Decker 01-04-19 11:48 AM

I joined on Christmas day. I already am an AMC member but Aquaman was sold out at my local AMC theater that night and my wife wanted to take the family to see it then. By joining I got our tickets at the nearest theater to my house, a little cheaper than they usually are, and saved like $12 in online fees to book the tickets. So literally no down-side if you even go see a movie at a Cinemark theater on occasion.

DJariya 01-04-19 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13473057)
My Cinemark is $5.50 until 6pm. After 6pm it's $7.50. I don't need no stinkin' club program.

:shrug: Not my fault that the cost of living in Missouri is much less than Southern California. I mean you should know since you used to live in So. Cal.

Movie ticket prices for matinees here average between $10-13. Even though it's $8.99/month for only 1 ticket, it may be considered a deal for some to go to a Cinemark considering regular prices are about 30-40% higher.

DJariya 01-24-19 06:30 PM

Wow, on a whim I entered a sweepstakes on My Coke Rewards for 1 years worth of free sodas and popcorn at Cinemark and low and behold I actually won!! :lol:

They sent me via e-mail 24 small popcorn vouchers and 24 small soda vouchers.

Not sure if I can use all of them. This is at least 2 trips to their theatres per month and with me having A-List that I already pay for, it doesn't really make that much sense.

Why So Blu? 02-22-19 01:09 PM

Cinemark Theater Subscription Service Hits 560,000 Members

Cinema giant Cinemark Holdings on Friday reported lower quarterly earnings as record fourth-quarter revenue was more than offset by higher operating costs and a special tax expense, among other factors.The company posted earnings of $19.4 million, or 17 cents per share, compared with $95.1 million in the year-ago period, or 82 cents. Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, another profitability metric, increased 5.6 percent to $198.1 million.Cinemark's revenue rose 6.5 percent from the year-ago period to $798.6 million, which the company said was its highest fourth-quarter figure ever. Admissions revenue increased 0.4 percent to $445.1 million, with concession revenue growing 6.3 percent to $277.6 million.Key box-office performers of the fourth quarter included Aquaman, Dr. Seuss' The Grinch and Venom.But the company also said that its cost of operations rose 9 percent to $721.8 million, driven by costs for "utilities and other" and a higher figure for impairment of long-lived assets. Plus, it reported higher foreign currency exchange losses and a swing to income taxes of $35.8 million after a year-ago gain of $19.1 million, among other factors.

Cinemark said its latest earnings included a $17 million non-cash tax expense "associated with recently issued tax guidance that modified the treatment of foreign tax credit utilization," while the year-ago period included a $45 million tax benefit "driven by a reduction of net deferred income tax liabilities as a result of the 2017 tax reform legislation."Cinemark, led by CEO Mark Zoradi, said quarterly attendance increased 2.1 percent to 67.4 million patrons, its average ticket price was $6.60 and concession revenue per patron rose 4 percent to $4.12."These results demonstrate the resilience of the exhibition industry," Zoradi told analysts during a morning call, as he pointed to 2018 racking up a record high of $11.9 billion in box office, as theater attendance grew in response to a strong Hollywood film slate. The Cinemark boss added that the company's Latin American screens underperformed in 2018 as tentpoles like Black Panther, A Star is Born and Crazy Rich Asians did not resonate south of the border as they did in North America. At the same time, Zoradi pointed to 2019 Hollywood releases like Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw and the Jumanji sequel as grounds to forecast Latin America would be "significantly better" for the theater circuit this year.The earnings call also touched on Amazon recently signaling it may allow fewer of its movie titles to have a three-month theatrical window, as the streaming giant introduces different release variations.

Zoradi said Amazon has "been a great partner" for Cinemark and other exhibitors, and that he expected most Amazon Prime movie titles to continue to have a three-month theatrical window. "Whether they would choose to have a movie or two that they would have a different distribution pattern (for), clearly they could choose to do that and that would be in their rights to do so," he told analysts."But the indications are the vast majority of their titles have fully appreciated that theatrical exhibition sets up the value of that particular movie to be more valuable in downstream markets and have more value to their Prime members," Zoradi added.He also argued consumers that view movies on streaming platforms tend to go out to theaters more often than other filmgoers, and vice versa.Zoradi during the analyst call also addressed Cinemark's cinema subscription program Movie Club, where growth continues "to hold steady" as 560,000 members have been signed up to date. "We're expanding our reach of loyal Cinemark customers as a result of Movie Club," he told investors.The Movie Club benefits include the ability to reserve seats and buy tickets in advance with no online fees. Unused tickets roll over for active members. Zoradi told analysts that Cinemark was looking at a possible per-month price increase for the Movie Club service.And he touted Cinemark on Friday, raising its annual dividend by 8 cents per share to $1.36 due to confidence in the company's ongoing business model.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...inemas-1188950

I still don't have any Cinemark's nearby.

DJariya 03-08-19 06:31 PM

Price is going up $1 next month

Dear Movie Club Member,

Cinemark Movie Club pricing will be increasing from $8.99 to $9.99 plus applicable taxes for billing cycles beginning on or after April 9, 2019. Additional tickets purchased at the member price will also increase from $8.99 to $9.99 per ticket. Movie Club remains a tremendous value for movie lovers across the country, with more improvements coming soon like:
  • NEW rewards options including free tickets
  • Earn 1 point per $1 spent

Plus all the benefits you currently love:
  • One 2D ticket per month, with unused tickets rolling over
  • 20% off concession purchases
  • Waived fees online at cinemark.com
  • Additional ticket purchases at the member price

DaveNinja 03-11-19 11:50 AM

yeah it sucks. this is the only plan worth having if you dont live near an AMC.

dvdjunkie32 03-11-19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13513219)
Price is going up $1 next month

I'm probably out then. The savings are very slim already for a matinee goer. A matinee reserved ticket after tax costs me $9.21. I'm only saving like two bucks from the concession prices. Course if I go see more movies, that would mean more 20% savings off concession plus not having to pay that online fee. So maybe it is still worth it going into April which has a lot of big hits.

Decker 03-11-19 03:56 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...fd520b6e98.gif

Yeah I will be out as well. It's my secondary membership after AMC and I felt it was barely worth it as is. Don't really need both. Will just use the tickets I have earned and then cancel.

DJariya 03-11-19 10:13 PM

I currently have 2 movie credits on my account. I did a free trial and decided to keep it a little longer because I won a free year worth of popcorn and soda in a coke sweepstakes I entered. I mentioned it above.

The matinee at the closest Cinemark where I live is $9.75 with night shows being $12.50. Not worth it if you only see Matinees. You're actually paying more. I have A-List already, which has much more value.

I think I may have to burn through my credits ASAP before the price change.

If you live in part of the country where the cost of living is low, I'm sure the price of tickets are also cheaper, which definitely makes this not worth it.

TomOpus 03-11-19 11:23 PM

Yeah, this program was never a consideration since the Cinemark here is $5 until 6pm.

LeFou 03-12-19 11:58 PM

Bummer. I think I’m out too.

DJariya 03-25-19 05:01 PM

Just cancelled today. I wasn't really planning to keep it long-term, but the $1 price increase doesn't really make it worth it. Might as well bail now before the increase. That's $10/month I don't need to spend. I had 1 unused credit from March that apparently I can still use until October.