Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Old 01-02-19, 11:16 AM
  #1  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,764
The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix



When retired talent manager Al Hart is reunited with his first client, Buddy Green, a comic who quit show business 50 years ago, he convinces Buddy to escape their retirement community and hit the road for a cross-country comedy tour.

Premieres January 11, 2019.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7427356
dex14 is offline  
Old 01-02-19, 11:27 AM
  #2  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,825
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

aka "The Marvelous Mr. Hooper"

Chevy Chase looks great. Last thing I saw him in was the Vacation reboot and he did not look well at all, so it's good to see that he's recovered.
Groucho is offline  
Old 01-02-19, 07:21 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,810
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
aka "The Marvelous Mr. Hooper”
So this is some kind of sequel to Jaws?

I like both Chase and Dreyfuss but I’ve heard they’re assholes in real life. I wonder how difficult it was working with both of them on set.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 01-02-19, 07:31 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,739
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Jeez, Dreyfuss looks awful
Deftones is offline  
Old 01-02-19, 07:32 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 38,974
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
So this is some kind of sequel to Jaws?

I like both Chase and Dreyfuss but I’ve heard they’re assholes in real life. I wonder how difficult it was working with both of them on set.
Probably not bad if they and everyone else was aware of their dickishness. Probably could have pulled Gene Hackman out of retirement for a cameo.
RichC2 is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 02:56 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,783
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Strange that the trailer has a title card crediting Richard Dreyfuss, but not Chevy Chase.



It's especially odd, because almost every scene in the trailer is from the point of view of the Chevy Chase character. He seems to be the main character, and Richard Dreyfuss is the supporting one.

Was this perhaps part of Richard Dreyfuss' contract? "You have to give me a credit screen in the trailer." Does Richard Dreyfuss have a better agent than Chevy Chase? Has Chevy Chase seen this trailer? Is he pissed off they don't take a moment to name him?
Crocker Jarmen is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 05:51 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,346
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Maybe they felt Chevy was recognizable but Dreyfuss wasn't.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 06:46 AM
  #8  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,764
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
Strange that the trailer has a title card crediting Richard Dreyfuss, but not Chevy Chase.



It's especially odd, because almost every scene in the trailer is from the point of view of the Chevy Chase character. He seems to be the main character, and Richard Dreyfuss is the supporting one.

Was this perhaps part of Richard Dreyfuss' contract? "You have to give me a credit screen in the trailer." Does Richard Dreyfuss have a better agent than Chevy Chase? Has Chevy Chase seen this trailer? Is he pissed off they don't take a moment to name him?

There is one. You missed it. It is before Dreyfuss. You can relax now.
dex14 is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 11:16 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,783
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
There is one. You missed it. It is before Dreyfuss. You can relax now.


You're right. I'm embarrassed, but also relieved. Didn't get a wink of sleep all night thinking about it.
Crocker Jarmen is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 09:12 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 697
Re: The Last Laugh (2019) S: Chase, Dreyfuss, MacDowell, Micucci -- Netflix

That’s funny - I missed it as well when I watched the trailer and played it back to make sure he wasn’t skipped.
skywalker8 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.