DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Once Upon a Deadpool (Deadpool 2 -- new PG-13 cut) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646110-once-upon-deadpool-deadpool-2-new-pg-13-cut.html)

RichC2 09-28-18 02:41 PM

Once Upon a Deadpool (Deadpool 2 -- new PG-13 cut)

PG-13 re-release due in December?

Fox just made a slew of release date changes. Instead of opening Alita: Battle Angel on Dec. 21, she now goes on Feb. 14, 2019. Instead, Fox is releasing, what we hear, is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 on Dec. 21. They’ve listed it as untitled Deadpool movie.

For Alita, it’s about the date, to have the first movie coming out of Chinese New Year, being day and date. The movie is in tip-top VFX shape.

Also, the next X-Men Dark Phoenix won’t open on Feb. 14 anymore, rather next summer in the June 7 slot. The trailer launched this week earning close to 8M YouTube views on Fox’s channel. Summer is not only a better date, but again, it gives the film a better shot to have a bigger opening in China.
Was $318m unacceptable? Or is this another in-in-in-joke from Reynolds and co? Or is this their way of adding the character to other features?

Yeah I don't really care, but it's good discussion fodder I guess.

fumanstan 09-28-18 02:53 PM

Re: Deadpool 2: Electric Boogaloo - blah blah blah

I'd have to think its a joke release/edition.

RichC2 09-28-18 02:57 PM

Deadpool 2: The PG-13 Cut - Rated R.

TomOpus 09-28-18 02:58 PM

I wouldn't see it but I'm curious how they will edit the language. Will they use bleeps or silence? Maybe get the actors to ADR replacement words that sound similar so their lip movements sync up.

Hope it flops.

Groucho 09-28-18 03:02 PM

You might have enough for a full movie if you strung both movies together and cut out the objectionable material.

RichC2 09-28-18 03:09 PM

I think it's a Christmas Special:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoNAEwKX0AAZI5R.jpg:large

Or more likely a "retelling" of the story so far. Princess Bride style.

Jay G. 09-28-18 03:31 PM

Just to be clear, this new edit is a theatrical release. More info/speculation here:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-pg-13-cut-...ece-1829399772

RichC2 09-28-18 03:33 PM

Yeah, the original rumblings for it were about it bumping Alita from the Dec 21st Theatrical spot.

milo bloom 09-30-18 08:35 PM

All the other X films have been PG-13, I'm sure Fox doesn't like leaving any money on the table and I'm sure there's plenty of kids out there dying to see Deadpool and actually have parents that won't let them watch R movies.

And I'm sure I'll buy the inevitable Blu-ray release to add to my collection.

Troy Stiffler 09-30-18 09:44 PM

If they can re-edit an uber sequel on the alternate timeline that started during the credits, that would be brilliant. I think. With some new scenes.

Michael Corvin 10-01-18 11:49 AM

Sounds dumb but since Deadpool has a mask they can have Reynolds ADR any R rated jokes. Action scenes and blood can be cut different.

DJariya 10-01-18 02:14 PM

This PG-13 cut release initially sounds like a total cash grab waste of time, especially if you already saw it multiple times and own it.

But, it could end up being funny depending on the edits and new footage inserted. I've seen DP2 2 times already and own it digitally. I'm going to wait until I hear some feedback about this one before I devote another 2 hours to it.

fumanstan 10-01-18 02:24 PM

Given the property and Reynolds, I have no doubt it'll be played up to be weird and wacky. I'd be really surprised if it's a genuine PG-13 cut.

Mike86 10-01-18 03:28 PM

I wasn’t a big fan of the sequel really but am kind of curious how different this will be. I doubt I’ll see it in the theater though.

GoldenJCJ 10-01-18 05:36 PM

I can see them bookending (or intercutting) the Fred Savage footage so Deadpool can tell a PG-13 story. Clever idea but not enough to get me to buy it.

I’ll wait to see if it’s something more than that to pass final judgment.

RichC2 11-05-18 02:05 PM

The PG-13 re-release is set for December 12th and is called Once Upon a Deadpool:

https://deadline.com/2018/11/deadpoo...el-1202495981/

Once Upon a Deadpool will have a limited-engagement that begins Dec. 12 and concludes on Christmas Eve, positioning it as a box-office play aimed at young teens on holiday break from school. The lion’s share of Once Upon Deadpool is footage from Deadpool 2 that has been edited to meet PG-13 thresholds of violence and language. There’s also new footage in the form of a framing sequence that was conceived by Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds and writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Working with a small film crew, Reynolds and his cohorts filmed all the framing scenes in a single hectic day of guerrilla-style filmmaking.

There’s a major charity component to the limited-engagement release, too, as Reynolds explained to Deadline: “Because it’s the season of giving, we will also be giving $1 for every ticket sold to F-ck Cancer, which will be renamed Fudge Cancer just for this limited time and campaign.”

TomOpus 11-05-18 06:43 PM

I think I'll just give $20 to F-uck Cancer and skip the movie.

dex14 11-19-18 08:35 AM

<iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PCf03KXyzIg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On December 12, Deadpool 2 is back in theaters with zero F’s given

To kick off the holiday season audiences of almost all ages will soon be able to enjoy the Merc with the Mouth’s reimagining of Deadpool 2 filtered through the prism of childlike innocence.

"Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006," Ryan Reynolds told Deadline. "I've said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said 'Yes' on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining..."

Fred Savage will join Reynolds in new scenes for ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL in an homage to Savage's starring role in the 1987 bedtime-story classic THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Fred remarked, “while my participation in this film was anything but voluntary, I am happy to learn that Fudge Cancer will be the beneficiary of this shameless cash grab”

For every ticket sold, $1 will go to the charity Fudge Cancer - previously known as Fuck Cancer, who have graciously changed their name to be more PG-13 friendly for the 12 days of Once Upon A Deadpool’s release.

DVD Josh 11-19-18 08:50 AM

"It's like the Beatles produced by Nickelback. It's music...but it sucks."

Truer words have never been spoken lol.

fumanstan 11-19-18 09:28 AM

That's pretty funny to bring up Marvel. I feel like i'll end up seeing this for shits and giggles.

candyrocket786 11-19-18 09:37 AM

Yeah... I may check this out.

Obi-Wanma 11-19-18 09:55 AM

I will probably take my kids to this. I've let them watch both movies at home, but this would be the first time I've taken them to the theater for Deadpool.

candyrocket786 11-19-18 10:02 AM

I just hope we get some"Mr. Falcon", "Pineapple" and "Mother Crusher" lines.

Trevor 11-19-18 10:28 AM

That teaser was hilarious. Since there is at least some new content, I’m in again.

Mike86 11-19-18 11:08 AM

Looks pretty decent to me and I wasn’t a big fan of this sequel. I might check out a matinee showing simply because the parts with Fred Savage look funny and there’s some good new jokes.