Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Inside Man 2 (2019) -- S: Rhea Seehorn, Aml Ameen, Roxanne McKee -- D: MJ Bassett

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Inside Man 2 (2019) -- S: Rhea Seehorn, Aml Ameen, Roxanne McKee -- D: MJ Bassett

Old 09-07-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoyed Inside Man and would look foward to a sequel, as long as Spike, and most of the actors were involved again.
Old 09-07-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by abe55 View Post
Inside Man>>>>>>>>>The Departed.
Comparing Inside Man to The Departed is like comparing a whopper to a Ferrari. They are 2 very different things but clearly one is better than the other.

Old 09-07-08, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
Comparing Inside Man to The Departed is like comparing a whopper to a Ferrari. They are 2 very different things but clearly one is better than the other.

Do you ever actually make any sense?
Old 09-10-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post

Are we talking an F40 or a Mondial 8?
Old 01-19-09, 10:36 PM
Banned

Re: Inside Man sequel in the works

Inside Man Sequel Confirmed By Spike Lee

At the Sundance Film Festival, Spike Lee told MTV the original cast will return for the movie, including Clive Own, Denzel Washington, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Jodi Foster. “If the script is up to snuff, we’ll be shooting it,” Lee said. “Here’s the thing: if everything lines up—people’s schedules are open, [we’ll begin in] late summer, early fall.”
Old 01-19-09, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. This is actually coming together with the original cast? Color me surprised.

Oh wait, "If the script is up to snuff".
Old 01-20-09, 09:40 AM
Suspended

One of the best mainstream efforts of 2006, Spike Lee's richly textured bank heist thriller "Inside Man" has been set for a sequel for around a year now.

This week however Spike Lee tells MTV News that the project is moving forward quickly, but the original plans have changed somewhat.

The good news is that the four key members of the original cast will return - Clive Owen as the criminal mastermind, Denzel Washington as a world-weary NYPD detective, Jodie Foster as an unscrupulous businesswoman and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Washington's partner.

The surprise this time is that Russell Gerwitz's script, which involves Owen's character getting caught up in a New York diamond district heist, has been completely ditched.

No word on the new plot but Lee indicates Terry George ("Hotel Rwanda") has taken over scripting duties and has locked the film's first act.

So is any sort of schedule set? "If the script is up to snuff, we’ll be shooting it. Here’s the thing: if everything lines up—people’s schedules are open, [we’ll begin in] late summer, early Fall."

Like the first, the sequel will be shot on location in New York City.
Old 01-20-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't care for the original, but I'm a sucker for the cast.
Old 01-20-09, 12:35 PM

Good news -- hopefully the sequel holds up (enjoyed the original).
Old 01-21-09, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only problem I had with the original was that they acted like Christopher Plummer was some big time WW II war profiteer...but he looks way, way too young to have been doing that kind of thing so long ago. Maybe move it up to the 60s or something, not everything has to have Nazi connections.
Old 01-21-09, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know about this. I liked the original, but it resolved itself. All of you looking forward to this...I bet you feel the same way you did after seeing Matrix Reloaded.
Old 11-01-18, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aml Ameen To Star In ‘Inside Man’ Sequel

EXCLUSIVE: Aml Ameen (The Maze Runner, Sense8) has been tapped to play Remy, the lead character in Inside Man 2, a follow-up to the 2006 thriller that starred Denzel Washington and was directed by Spike Lee. The sequel hails from Universal 1440 Entertainment, the production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, and Imagine Entertainment.
https://deadline.com/2018/11/aml-ame...al-1202494158/
Old 11-01-18, 07:06 PM

Old 11-01-18, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gotta make that DTV cash.
Old 11-16-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So this is what Rhea is doing during the Better Call Saul hiatus

MJ Bassett is the former director/producer of Strike Back

Last edited by DJariya; 11-16-18 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-17-18, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Inside Man 2 (2019) -- S: Rhea Seehorn, Aml Ameen, Roxanne McKee -- D: MJ Basset

So ... a remake ... or a completely unrelated story that is cashing in on the name. Nah.
Old 11-17-18, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Inside Man 2 (2019) -- S: Rhea Seehorn, Aml Ameen, Roxanne McKee -- D: MJ Basset

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
So ... a remake ... or a completely unrelated story that is cashing in on the name. Nah.
It's an in-name-only sequel. Universal has done these with Death Race, Scorpion King and Jarhead.

They're shooting a New York-set movie in South Africa. So this probably has a really small budget. Probably $10-15M tops.
Old 11-17-18, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Unless this is as good as Jarhead 2, I'm not interested.
Old 11-17-18, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I might just see it because I love heist movies and think Rhea Seahorn is one of the best actors on TV. Not like I really needed to see what happened to the characters in Inside Man (thought I thoroughly enjoyed the movie at the time). So I'd be interested in it, though calling it Inside Man 2 is just dumb.
Old 02-09-19, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Inside Man 2 (2019) -- S: Rhea Seehorn, Aml Ameen, Roxanne McKee -- D: MJ Bassett

Production has wrapped. No release date yet. My guess is this will come out in late summer or the Fall.