Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021, D: Chaves)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 01:03 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Nothing concrete... but there is no doubt that a third will happen.

And what news of The Conjuring 3? “We’ve been working hard on Conjuring 3,” says Wan. “Of course, that is something that I am not neglecting. The Conjuring films are still the mothership and the mothership needs to be strong. [Laughs] The mothership needs to be strong for all these other jet fighters to shoot out of. So, we’re in the midst of working on the script, and still hashing [it] out. We want to make sure that the script is in a really good place. With how much people have loved the first two Conjuring, I don’t want to rush in to the third one if possible.”

Wan admits that he is unlikely to direct the third Conjuring film because of other commitments. “I just don’t think it’s realistic with my schedule,” he says. “I’m going to be on Aquaman for a year-and-a-half. I just don’t see that as a reality.”
http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/07/jame...n-conjuring-3/
Old 10-03-18, 05:37 PM

The Conjuring 3 (D: Michael Chaves)

BREAKING: New Line has tapped Michael Chaves to direct Conjuring 3 as James Wan steps away from directing duties on the franchise, Deadline has confirmed. Wan, who has Aquaman coming out this Christmas, will continue to produce under his Atomic Monster label alongside Peter Safran via his Safran Company.

Chaves recently directed the studio’s upcoming The Curse of La Llorona due out April 19 next year, a pic that’s not in The Conjuring universe. Chaves made his feature directorial on that pic and Conjuring 3 of course reunites him with New Line and Atomic Monster who also produced that movie. Chaves was discovered after directing the award-winning horror short The Maiden. La Llorona’s logline: Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother suspected of child endangerment, a social worker and her own small kids are soon drawn into a frightening supernatural realm.

David Leslie Johnson who penned The Conjuring 2 returns to write the threequel which centers on 1970s paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.

Wan’s Conjuring movies launched a genre franchise that has minted $1.57 billion for Warner Bros. New Line with the recent spinoff The Nun becoming the highest grossing title in the universe with over $330M.
https://deadline.com/2018/10/conjuri...de-1202475662/
Old 12-05-18, 05:24 PM

re: The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021, D: Chaves)

Not only will they be appearing in Annabelle 3, but Patrick Wilson‘s Ed Warren and Vera Farmiga’s Lorraine Warren will also be back proper in The Conjuring 3, which Michael Chaves (The Curse of La Llorona) is set to direct. While the first two films centered on Ed and Lorraine investigating paranormal events at family homes, the third may be quite different.

Early this year, insiders gave us a very small taste of possible story details: from what we’re hearing, The Conjuring 3 will be about a man on trial for murder who claims he was possessed by a demon. This hasn’t yet been officially confirmed, but in a new chat with Digital Spy, Patrick Wilson does indeed tease that this Conjuring will be a very fresh experience.

“We just finished Annabelle 3 which is cool. It’s nice to dip our toes into that franchise a little bit,” Wilson told the site, first speaking about next year’s Annabelle sequel.

He added, “Conjuring 3 will be different than anything we’ve seen, which is fun.”

First up, Annabelle 3 is set to arrive in theaters on July 3, 2019.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...revious-films/
Old 03-07-19, 01:55 PM

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 03-07-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,067 Posts

I’m a fan of the series. I’m looking forward to part 3!
Old 03-07-19, 08:03 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I have to admit I really like the first two. I credit Wan with how good and atmospheric they are. I wonder if we'll see that go away with the new director.
Old 04-23-19, 10:47 AM

Also worth noting that the real Lorraine Warren died last week: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...on-1203193562/
Old 12-08-19, 04:09 PM

New Line Cinema announced today The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It as the official title to the third film in the franchise.

Directed this time by The Curse of La Llorona‘s Michael Chave.

“The Devil Made Me Do It reveals a chilling story of terror, murder and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense.”

Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga return to star as Ed and Lorraine Warren, with Ruairi O’Connor, Sarah Catherine Hook, and Julian Hilliard.

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It is the seventh film in the Conjuring Universe, the largest horror franchise in history, which has grossed more than $1.8 billion worldwide. It includes the first two Conjuring films, as well as Annabelle and Annabelle: Creation, The Nun, and Annabelle Comes Home.

The film opens in theatres nationwide on September 11, 2020.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-announcement/
Old 12-08-19, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It is the seventh film in the Conjuring Universe, the largest horror franchise in history, which has grossed more than $1.8 billion worldwide. It includes the first two Conjuring films, as well as Annabelle and Annabelle: Creation, The Nun, and Annabelle Comes Home./
Isn't it the 8th film, including the previously mentioned La Llorona?
Old 12-08-19, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Wow. What a horrible title. Is this a joke?
Old 12-08-19, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts

I've liked all the adventures of the Warrens. Even their appearance of Annabelle Comes Home, which was basically a guest starring appearance. I'll be up for this next year.
Old 12-08-19, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Yeah, that was my first thought as well. I thing The Conjuring 3, while uninspired, is a WAY better title.
Old 12-09-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Isn't it the 8th film, including the previously mentioned La Llorona?
The Curse of La Llorona technically isn't from the same people behind the Conjuringverse, though it does feature a minor character from the Conjuringverse making an appearance.
Old 12-09-19, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The Curse of La Llorona technically isn't from the same people behind the Conjuringverse, though it does feature a minor character from the Conjuringverse making an appearance.
It literally says from the producers of The Conjuring universe on the poster. Annabelle is briefly shown in the movie. As is that priest.

How is it not?
Old 12-09-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
It literally says from the producers of The Conjuring universe on the poster. Annabelle is briefly shown in the movie. As is that priest.

How is it not?
It's like one producer that provides the only connection. Wan and his crew had nothing to do with the movie. They played up the connection heavily in advertising but Wan doesn't consider it part of his shared universe.
Old 12-09-19, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's like one producer that provides the only connection. Wan and his crew had nothing to do with the movie. They played up the connection heavily in advertising but Wan doesn't consider it part of his shared universe.
It's way more than just one producer.
Wan is listed as a producer, in name only I'm sure. But it's from his production company. He can think what he wants, but it's apart of it.

Last edited by dex14; 12-09-19 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-09-19, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Thinking it might be a reference to the Larry Cohen film: God Told Me To.
Old 12-10-19, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

It does sound like a straight to streaming title. Something Shudder would commission for $250,000.
Old 12-12-19, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Man, you guys are crazy. I LOVE that title.
Old 04-22-21, 08:55 AM

Re: The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021, D: Chaves)

True horror returns. Based on the case files of Ed and Lorraine Warren. The Conjuring​: The Devil Made Me Do It, in theaters and HBO Max June 4.

“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” reveals a chilling story of terror, murder and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense.

Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson return to star as Lorraine and Ed Warren, under the direction of Michael Chaves (“The Curse of La Llorona”). The film also stars Ruairi O’Connor (Starz’ “The Spanish Princess”), Sarah Catherine Hook (Hulu’s “Monsterland”) and Julian Hilliard (the series “Penny Dreadful: city of Angels” and “The Haunting of Hill House”).

“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” was produced by James Wan and Peter Safran, who have collaborated on all the “Conjuring” Universe films. Chaves directed from a screenplay by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (“The Conjuring 2,” “Aquaman”), story by James Wan & David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, based on characters created by Chad Hayes & Carey W. Hayes. Serving as executive producers were Richard Brener, Dave Neustadter, Victoria Palmeri, Michael Clear, Judson Scott and Michelle Morrissey.

The behind-the-scenes creative team reunited “Conjuring” Universe contributors, including director of photography Michael Burgess, production designer Jennifer Spence, costume designer Leah Butler and composer Joseph Bishara, along with the director’s editor from “The Curse of La Llorona,” Peter Gvozdas, and editor Christian Wagner (“Furious 7”).

“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” is the seventh film in the “Conjuring” Universe, the largest horror franchise in history, which has grossed more than $1.8 billion worldwide. It includes the first two “Conjuring” films, as well as “Annabelle” and “Annabelle: Creation,” “The Nun,” and “Annabelle Comes Home.”

New Line Cinema presents An Atomic Monster/A Peter Safran Production, “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.” It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film opens in theatres and IMAX nationwide on June 4, 2021 and will be available on HBO Max for 31 days from theatrical release. The film is rated R for terror, violence and some disturbing images.
Old 04-22-21, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Thinking it might be a reference to the Larry Cohen film: God Told Me To.
If I'm not mistaken, the 1981 case/trial that this is based on (of Arne Cheyenne Johnson) was known as "The Devil Made Me Do It" case.

Last edited by asianxcore; 04-22-21 at 02:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DaveyJoe (04-23-21)
Old 05-31-21, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts

So this opens on Friday in theaters and on HBO Max.

I was planning to see this Friday night in IMAX, but I just got hired to do a 4-5 day work assignment out of town that is going to take up most of next weekend, so I had to cancel my ticket. I think I will just end up watching it on HBO Max now.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-31-21 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-01-21, 11:18 AM

Reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the..._made_me_do_it
Old 06-01-21, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,067 Posts

It’s hard to gauge movie reviews for a horror flick. Reviews tend to be less forgiving and more all-over-the-map. Some of those quick blurbs do point out a few of my worries though.

I’m a big fan of the first two Conjuring movies so I’m excited for this one but I’m for more interested in the “haunted house” sub-genre than I am “possession” stories. I’m worried this is going to be less like a Conjuring movie and more like a poor imitation of The Amityville Horror or The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

My wife doesn’t like horror movies so I’ll have to find time to sneak this one in sometime next weekend.
Old 06-04-21, 03:07 PM

Nowhere near as good as the first two movies, but I give them credit for not giving us another haunted house movie. The story wasn't very interesting and it is missing Wan's directing. Still...not terrible. Watching on HBO Max is fine, no need to go to the theatre for this one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.