Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse (2020, D: Sollima) S: Michael B. Jordan

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-20-18, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Paramount Pictures has tapped Michael B. Jordan to play Clancy hero John Clark in a new film series, Variety has learned.

Sources tell Variety that Paramount is developing two pics based on the Clancy books “Rainbow Six” and “Without Remorse,” both novels in which Clark is the main star. “Without Remorse” will be the first film of the two, serving as an origin story for the character.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/m...es-1202896241/
Old 09-20-18, 01:45 PM

re: Tom Clancy's Without Remorse (2020, D: Sollima) S: Michael B. Jordan

There is the answer to what was discussed in the Jack Ryan thread.

I wonder if there will be any attempt at eventually crossing over the actors.
Old 09-20-18, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is my favorite book and I don't mind the racial switch of the character but similar to how I wasn't a big fan of Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher, I don't think Michael B Jordan fits the physical size of the character in my head. I know he was played by Willem Dafoe before but I didn't like that casting either.

He is described as a hulking man of 6'4 250lbs built like an NFL linebacker.

But I enjoyed the Reacher movies despite the casting so hopefully as long as the writing and directing are good, then this choice will work out.
Old 12-05-18, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

‘Sicario 2’ Filmmaker to Direct Michael B. Jordan in ‘Without Remorse’ Adaptation (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/s...an-1203081476/
Old 12-06-18, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

RUMOR: Back in the '90s Tom Clancy and Tom Selleck wanted to make a Magnum PI film, or series of films. I've heard speculation that when that project didn't get made he changed his script into this novel. So Without Remourse was actually a Magnum PI reboot/origin story.
Old 02-05-19, 07:01 AM

Paramount has set spy thriller “Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse,” starring Michael B. Jordan, for a Sept. 18, 2020, release.

Jordan is starring as operations officer John Clark, who is one of the recurring characters in Clancy’s Jack Ryan universe. In the novel, published in 1993 and set during the 1970s, “Without Remorse” provides an origin story of Clark as former Navy SEAL John Kelly, who exacts revenge on brutal drug gangsters in Baltimore.

Akiva Goldsman is the producer of “Without Remorse” with Jordan, Josh Appelbaum, and Andre Nemec also producing. “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” director Stefano Sollima is directing from a script by Taylor Sheridan.

Paramount is also planning to make a “Rainbow Six” movie with Jordan starring and producing. Clancy published “Rainbow Six” in 1998, following Clark as the head of a counter-terrorism unit that’s codenamed Rainbow. The Clark character appeared in 17 Clancy novels starting with 1988’s “The Cardinal of the Kremlin.”
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...se-1203128157/