Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FALSE]

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FALSE]

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-18, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FALSE]

"Truth, justice, and the African-American way"? Sorry, but no.
Old 09-12-18, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FALSE]

Originally Posted by The Infidel

No need to go there.

Old 09-12-18, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Diane Lane for Superman.
Old 09-12-18, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Another story that's been blown out of proportion. The gist is that Warners has no current plans for another Superman movie, but they do have Cavill under contract for one more appearance - however, he WON'T be in Aquaman, Shazam, or Wonder Woman 2, so all this got "spun" into the idea that Warners is done with Henry.
Old 09-12-18, 05:57 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FA

Since people seem to be responding to the subject header without reading the discussion I put a disclaimer that this is NOT happening in there. Maybe that will help?
Old 09-12-18, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,205 Likes on 2,069 Posts
Re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace? [FA

Originally Posted by Groucho
After watching Cavill in other stuff (e.g. the latest Mission Impossible) it's clear he's not the issue, it's the writing.
That’s pretty much it. I like Cavill as an actor and think he’s done a great job as Superman (with what he’s had to work with) but his career has been going well lately and I predict it’s only going to get better. Frankly, at this point we th the shitty way the DC Universe has been handled by WB, Cavill is better off out of the picture (as is Affleck, at this point).

Fuck WB and their shit show but Cavill will be fine.

At this point I don’t really care who they cast as the next Superman and as mentioned in previous posts, anyone who takes the role is setting themselves up for failure. With any luck they’ll use the role as a springboard for bigger and better things, like Cavill has done and get out before it kills their career.

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 09-12-18 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-12-18, 06:25 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Another story that's been blown out of proportion. The gist is that Warners has no current plans for another Superman movie, but they do have Cavill under contract for one more appearance - however, he WON'T be in Aquaman, Shazam, or Wonder Woman 2, so all this got "spun" into the idea that Warners is done with Henry.
Originally Posted by Groucho
Since people seem to be responding to the subject header without reading the discussion I put a disclaimer that this is NOT happening in there. Maybe that will help?
Thanks for that. This isn't going to happen.
Old 09-12-18, 06:28 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Dumb move but not surprising by the studio. Frustrating there is no continuity with this character. No wonder they can’t keep Supes a product mainstay.

Side note, I caught some of Superman Returns on cable this week. First I’d watched it in years. Routh was a decent choice at the time and I wish the studio persisted with him.
Old 09-12-18, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I love how the Internet just jumps on the bandwagon for even the smallest passing mention of a rumor and assumes it's fact.

We still haven't heard from Henry saying he's done as Supes. But, It's not like a Man of Steel 2 or Justice League 2 was going to happen this year or the year after. He's going to be busy for most it not all of 2019 shooting The Witcher and he can't just sit around waiting for WB to give him a new Superman script.
Old 09-12-18, 06:47 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Cavill and Gadot are the only things the DCU got right.
Old 09-12-18, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Henry finally responds to the reports

Old 09-12-18, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I heard they already started filming with Jordan and they are letting him keep his mustache, but they will CG him so he is white in each scene.
Old 09-12-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I heard they already started filming with Jordan and they are letting him keep his mustache, but they will CG him so he is white in each scene.
I mean, he seems a little old for the role but I liked him enough in Space Jam, if the GOAT wants to play Superman, I say let him.
Old 09-12-18, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The way Cavill has responded to things like this (both this and the musatche thing) crack me up. I always dig actors that are lighthearted about these media things.
Old 09-12-18, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

I like that he has a sense of humor how the Internet goes crazy with these kinds of reports.
Old 09-12-18, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace??

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Wow.
Old 09-12-18, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Cavill has done admirable with what he was given. I've enjoyed him and most of the casting thus far in the DCEU. WB, writers and directors are the problem not the cast. Justice League finally gave us a proper version of Superman and Cavill hit it out of the park. Man of Steel 2 should be a thing by now.

I think it would be a huge mistake to recast Superman and Batman and try and start over so soon, especially since Gal Gadot and Momoa sticking around. I forgot who brought it up, but Wonder Woman being a huge sucess has ruined the DCEU for WB. If it weren't for her, they could scrap all this and reboot everything in a few years.
Old 09-12-18, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Henry Cavill out as Superman.. Michael B. Jordan being considered to replace??

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
You know what though ... WB's response was so weak it gives the rumor credibility.

I felt bad for Cavill after T.M.F.U. came out because I thought it was a very well done movie and he did a good job in it. It was just too obscure a franchise to modern audiences to justify it's budget. He was the best thing about MOS.
Old 09-12-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Wow.
Almost as clever as "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"
Old 09-12-18, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

#KryptonLivesMatter ?
Old 09-12-18, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,832 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Wait until they hear about the Wonder Woman reboot starring RuPaul.
Old 09-12-18, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts

As long as he gets off on snapping necks I don’t care what color Superman is.
Old 09-13-18, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/...dan-dc-movies/

The DC movie franchise is lackluster already, but is trying to go the PC route by casting Michael B. Jordan really the best way to here? Not that he's not a good actor, but he looks nothing like Cavill and Superman has an iconic identifiable image which clearly would not work with Jordan in the role.
Ignoring Siegel & Shuster rolling over in their graves for a moment, I don't have an objection to MBJ as Superman...providing the next Black Panther is Charlie Hunnam and the next Spawn will be James Marsden.
Old 09-13-18, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

They can always use the SUPERMAN of Earth-2 from the New52 era of DC Comics.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPaMKQqUIAAIul7.jpg

Cavill wasn't a very good Superman anyway. He was a bore to watch and listen too.
Of course part of the blame is on the script and the director.
Old 09-13-18, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

This thread is useless

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.