DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   RIP: Burt Reynolds -- Dead at 82 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/645104-rip-burt-reynolds-dead-82-a.html)

dex14 09-06-18 01:54 PM

RIP: Burt Reynolds -- Dead at 82

Burt Reynolds died of a heart attack Thursday morning at a hospital in Florida, according to multiple reports.

Reynold was 82.

Burt was transported a Florida hospital after going into cardiac arrest. His family was by his side when he passed.

Burt was a star in the moves and on TV -- appearing in classics like "Smokey and the Bandit," "Boogie Knights" and "Cannonball Run."

He's survived by his son.

Reynolds was a star college football player -- who played at Florida State. His roommate was Lee Corse.
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/06/burt-r...-heart-attack/

jpcamb 09-06-18 01:56 PM

Re: RIP: Burt Reynolds -- Dead at 82

RIP Burt

islandclaws 09-06-18 02:00 PM

His output in the '70s and '80s was full of some of the most fun, freewheelin' films ever made. Loved him in Boogie Nights, too.

Ringmaster 09-06-18 02:02 PM

Was he attached to Tarantino's "Once Upon..." movie? I wonder if he shot his scenes before his passing.

:rip:

Osiris3657 09-06-18 02:02 PM

Rip

Why So Blu? 09-06-18 02:03 PM

Time to fire up Boogie Nights in his honor.

Mondo Kane 09-06-18 02:03 PM

Guess I finally need to watch Striptease in his honor!

And I’m assuming he completed all his scenes for OUTIH.

dex14 09-06-18 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster (Post 13403152)
Was he attached to Tarantino's "Once Upon..." movie? I wonder if he shot his scenes before his passing.

He was. I'm sure news about that will be forthcoming.

If you have Prime, you should check out The Last Movie Star. I pretty decent movie where he's essentially playing himself past his prime.

TheMovieman 09-06-18 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13403157)

If you have Prime, you should check out The Last Movie Star. I pretty decent movie where he's essentially playing himself past his prime.

Agreed. The writer of that movie wrote it just for him.

lwhy? 09-06-18 02:04 PM

RIP Burt Reynolds. I loved watching Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run when I was growing up. I taped them off ABC and watched them whenever I was sick and I was sick a lot growing up.

Mabuse 09-06-18 02:04 PM

Eastbound good-buddy. No smokies in sight.

The Cow 09-06-18 02:09 PM

:rip: Burt.

Reynolds was a star college football player -- who played at Florida State. His roommate was Lee Corse.
I'd say more of a 'had potential to be a star college football player. He didn't have much of football career due to injury. And it's Lee Corso, not Corse. :rolleyes:

kd5 09-06-18 02:11 PM

I think The Longest Yard was my favorite BR movie.

RIP Burt.

Mabuse 09-06-18 02:15 PM

I am chuckling with tears in my eyes right now. His career was so great...and so goofy. His off screen antics were frequently even more goofy. He was an absolute icon, in the sense that they broke the mold. We will not see his kind again.

d2cheer 09-06-18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13403157)
He was. I'm sure news about that will be forthcoming.

I agree a wonderful film.

RIP Burt. This one hits as hard as when Bronson passed.

E Unit 09-06-18 02:20 PM

I met him when I was a kid and he was filming Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. The house was down the road from my aunts farm, so it was a short walk there. Very nice guy from what I remember. And of course growing up on Smokey and Canonball movies makes this passing hard. RIP Burt, thanks for the fun. Eastbound and down.

TheGuy 09-06-18 02:22 PM

Mean MACHINE! MEAN MACHINE!

RIP Burt.

andicus 09-06-18 02:23 PM

RIP

I've always enjoyed his films.

Geofferson 09-06-18 02:24 PM

Sad to hear. I'll have to check out The Last Movie Star. RIP, Burt. 10-4 :(

wishbone 09-06-18 02:27 PM

Burt and Dom DeLuise cracking up in Cannonball outtakes always makes me smile.

https://i.imgur.com/KyxfbzK.jpg

RIP Burt Reynolds

orangerunner 09-06-18 02:27 PM

I think we forget he was a good director too. Sharky's Machine is still one of my favorite cop films.

Paff 09-06-18 02:29 PM

Norm MacDonald has said they were going to do a Celebrity Jeopardy sketch on SNL, where he was playing Burt "Turd Ferguson" Reynolds, only to have the REAL Burt show up on set and knock Norm out. Then he was going to take over the buzzer, and start answering questions even stupider than Norm was. Kinda bummed we'll never see that. RIP, Burt

Sonny Corinthos 09-06-18 02:42 PM

Part of my childhood died today. As a kid, I think all little boys wanted to grow up and be Burt Reynolds. RIP. Also, I had no idea he turned down some amazing acting gigs in his lifetime. I can't imagine him as Han Solo.

Reynolds' career also is marked by the movies he didn't make. Harrison Ford, Jack Nicholson and Bruce Willis surely were grateful after he turned down the roles of Han Solo, retired astronaut Garrett Breedlove and cop John McClane in Star Wars, Terms of Endearment and Die Hard, respectively. He often said that passing on James L. Brooks' Endearment was one of his worst career mistakes. (Nicholson won an Oscar for playing Breedlove.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral

inri222 09-06-18 02:47 PM

RIP Lewis Medlock

stingermck 09-06-18 02:56 PM

Guh. This one hurts. Bandit is one of my favs, and always loved Burt. RIP Bandit!