Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

At Eternity's Gate (2018, D: Schnabel) S: Dafoe, Friend, Isaac, Mikkelsen, Amalric

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

At Eternity's Gate (2018, D: Schnabel) S: Dafoe, Friend, Isaac, Mikkelsen, Amalric

Old 09-05-18, 01:01 PM

Julian Schnabel’s At Eternity’s Gate is a journey inside the world and mind of a person who, despite skepticism, ridicule and illness, created some of the world’s most beloved and stunning works of art. This is not a forensic biography, but rather scenes based on Vincent van Gogh’s (Academy Award® Nominee Willem Dafoe) letters, common agreement about events in his life that present as facts, hearsay, and moments that are just plain invented.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6938828
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/at_eternitys_gate
Old 12-02-18, 05:27 PM

Re: At Eternity's Gate (2018, D: Schnabel) S: Dafoe, Friend, Isaac, Mikkelsen, Amalri

I saw this the other day. It was pretty slow, but not bad. Weird to have Dafoe playing like 30 years younger than his age.
Old 12-12-18, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: At Eternity's Gate (2018, D: Schnabel) S: Dafoe, Friend, Isaac, Mikkelsen, Amalri

I thought this was an absolutely wonderful film. It'll definitely make my Top 10. Top 3 maybe. Dafoe gives the performance of his career. If he doesn't win the Golden Globe and Oscar there truly is no justice in this world. It just feels like its his year.