Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies at the theater you walked away from

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-18, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

What are some movies you walked away from in a movie theater? Could be you was bored, upset or just gave up on the cheesy action or plot.

I walked away from I am Legend I needed the last quarter of the movie and missed the ending.
Old 08-25-18, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Re: Movies at the theater you walked away from

I never see movies that are so bad I feel the need to leave. I’m usually sold enough by trailers and don’t really take a lot of chances on things I might not like.

That said, I almost walked out of Star Trek V. I couldn’t believe a movie from a franchise I loved could be that bad.
Old 08-25-18, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

I've never walked out of a movie and I've sat through some real stinkers. Godzilla (1998 like I had to clarify), The Cat in the Hat, Ballistic Ecks vs. Sever. If I've set aside the time to go I'll see it through to the end. Then it's almost like a badge of honor that I survived it.
Old 08-25-18, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 479 Likes on 315 Posts

Back in 1999, I was going to the theatre nearly every day and saw absolutely everything. The only movie I ever walked out of was Teaching Mrs. Tingle. I remember finding the teenagers so odious and the movie playing out like I was supposed to be on their side, I felt so insulted I split before the halfway point.
Old 08-25-18, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Rookie of the year-Forced to take my little cousin to see it. Halfway through, I just told him to meet me in the arcade when it was over.
Leaving Las Vegas-Had to leave early because early because I was expecting a ride out front. I still don’t think I’ve seen the ending...Even though I know what happens.
Old 08-25-18, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Offhand, I can think of four movies I walked out on. Three of them were playing with other movies and the other movie was the one I went to see and after seeing it, I stayed to see the co-feature and at some point I got bored with each of these and left:

HOMBRE (1967)
LEO THE LAST (1970)
AUDREY ROSE (1977)

This one was playing by itself and I tried to sleep during it, but Philip Seymour Hoffman would bang his fist or raise his voice every few minutes and kept waking me up, so I got up and left about ten minutes before it ended:

THE MASTER (2012)
Old 08-25-18, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I never have but I wanted to at least a couple times. I was really close with The Brothers Grimm which I just wasn’t into at all and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close where the kid was annoying the crap out of me.
Old 08-25-18, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Never walked out of a theater. Have driven off numerous times during last feature at drive-in. Can't even remember what they were, that bad. Except one, Up From The Depths. Third feature with Piranha and Humanoids From The Deep.
Old 08-25-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
I've never walked out of a movie and I've sat through some real stinkers. Godzilla (1998 like I had to clarify), The Cat in the Hat, Ballistic Ecks vs. Sever. If I've set aside the time to go I'll see it through to the end. Then it's almost like a badge of honor that I survived it.
I’m the same way. I feel like if I’ve set that time aside to see a movie and paid good money to see it, I’m going to tough it out.

The only two movies I’ve ever actually considered walking out on were
Desperadowith Antonio Banderas and the 1999 remake of The Haunting.
Old 08-25-18, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

I never have, but there have been plenty I wish I had (Highlander Endgame, Hollowman, Windtalkers, Van Helsing, Tears of the Sun, Attack of the Clones, etc; )
Old 08-25-18, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I can’t recall ever walking out (unless I got called to work). Like most here, I typically haven’t “taken chances” when it comes to buying theater tickets.

I recently contemplated it during Hereditary though. After the big shocking scene I was physically revolted and began thinking to myself “I am getting nothing out of this, do I really care to stay for the rest?” At that point I was not vested in any of the characters (the preceding party scene was the first time I started to relate) and it felt like pure shock value. Cinematically, that scene was effective but the movie as a whole wasn’t going anywhere for me. Not sure it was worth staying for the rest, but I did, hoping it would go somewhere.

Had we not been the only people in the theater, I think my wife and daughter may have made us leave Sorry To Bother You. Since we were the only ones, they took to yelling at the screen (and me) instead.

I think I also have mentioned in the past that I fell asleep on a date during Home Alone 2. Wasn’t interested in the movie, wasn’t interested in her, and I was exhausted. I honestly don’t remember if we stayed for the whole movie or if we left. Yeah, kind of a dick thing to do.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 08-25-18 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-25-18, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I’m the same way. I feel like if I’ve set that time aside to see a movie and paid good money to see it, I’m going to tough it out.
This ... however I think MoviePass/AMC A-List/insert subscription here will start to change people’s thinking on this. Users will take more chances on movies they wouldn’t have paid for because there is much less invested.
Old 08-25-18, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Never walked out, but the only movie I’ve ever considered walking out on was Men in Black 2.

The moment I realized this was when Zed (Rip Torn) did a flying kick.

I made a terrible mistake. And I was only 17 at the time. That shitty ass movie couldn’t even entertain a 17-year old kid!

My most hated movie ever.
Old 08-25-18, 10:00 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Never.
Old 08-25-18, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Never walked out, but the only movie I’ve ever considered walking out on was Men in Black 2.

I made a terrible mistake. And I was only 17 at the time. That shitty ass movie couldn’t even entertain a 17-year old kid!

17 was the age I started wanting to walk out on movies too.
Old 08-25-18, 10:21 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I walked out of Down to Earth with Chris Rock due to it being so awful. Pretty sure it’s the only one I’ve ever walked out of for that reason. Left The Last Boy Scout because it was too R rated for my friends; never saw the last 90% of it.
Old 08-25-18, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Never.
Old 08-25-18, 10:55 AM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Somebody said Desperado. That movie is fucking fantastic!
Old 08-25-18, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts

I did and it’s a fucking disaster. Not even Salma Hayek’s tits can save that shit pile!
Old 08-25-18, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Never completely walked out but I did take a 20 minute stroll through the lobby during Wing Commander. I was with other friends so I couldn't just bolt.

Saw a preview screening of ID4 with a friend. We both worked we had left that one. We were both baffled when it became as big as it did.
Old 08-25-18, 11:34 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wing Commander, but half the theater walked out when the final Episode I trailer was finished showing
Old 08-25-18, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Never. If I plan my day around spending 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours at the theatre, I'll finish it no matter what.

I can't recall in a long time anyone walking out of movies I've been to in the last few years.

The last movie I saw in the theartre, which I thought sucked was Truth or Dare, but I stuck it out.
Old 08-25-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Never. If I plan my day around spending 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours at the theatre, I'll finish it no matter what.

I can't recall in a long time anyone walking out of movies I've been to in the last few years.

The last movie I saw in the theartre, which I thought sucked was Truth or Dare, but I stuck it out.
Imho, TRUTH OR DARE is the best movie mentioned in this thread. Saw it in a theater and twice afterward.
Old 08-25-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I did and it’s a fucking disaster. Not even Salma Hayek’s tits can save that shit pile!

Desperado is the bomb, yo!
Old 08-25-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24

Yup, that is such a piece of shit movie. I saw in theaters and wished I had walked out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.