Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Long Way Back Home -- Lucero short film/music video directed by Jeff Nichols

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-22-18, 12:08 PM

Written & Directed by: Jeff Nichols

CAST
Stanton: Michael Shannon
Cory: Garrett Hedlund
Red: Scoot Mcnairy
Blundell: Paul Sparks
Ben: Ben Nichols
Roy: Roy Berry
Rick: Rick Steff
John C.: John C. Stubblefield
Brian: Brian Venable
Al: Al "Kapone" Bailey

Jeff Nichols has written and directed a hybrid short film/music video for the band Lucero, and it’s a Western starring Michael Shannon doing what he does best. It is the first music video from the writer/director best known for “Mud” and “Loving,” and the filmmaker’s sixth collaboration with Shannon, who has starred in all of the director’s features. The collaboration is special for other reasons, as Nichols’ brother is Lucero’s lead singer and guitarist.

“It felt inevitable that one day I’d team up with my brother and the rest of Lucero,” Nichols said in a statement. “And once I heard the haunting sounds of ‘Long Way Back Home,’ I knew this song was the perfect opportunity to do it. It’s been an amazing ride bringing this project together with so many people who I love and admire. Shooting this brought me back to the days of filming my first movie, ‘Shotgun Stories.’ We’re all thrilled to be sharing it with the world.”