Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

To All the Boys I've Loved Before -- The Trilogy -- S: Lana Condor -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-18, 06:58 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once? Lara Jean Song Covey's love life goes from imaginary to out of control when the love letters for every boy she's ever loved-five in all-- are mysteriously mailed out. From New York Times Bestselling Author, Jenny Han, the film adaption of the popular YA novel stars actress Lana Condor (Alita: Battle Angel, X-Men: Apocalypse) and Noah Centineo (Sierra Burgess Is A Loser, The Fosters), directed by Susan Johnson.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3846674/
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/to_...e_loved_before

Last edited by dex14; 01-23-20 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-17-18, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
re: To All the Boys I've Loved Before -- The Trilogy -- S: Lana Condor -- Netflix

I'd rather watch the anime version.
Old 08-20-18, 10:35 AM

re: To All the Boys I've Loved Before -- The Trilogy -- S: Lana Condor -- Netflix

I thought this was pretty good for this type of movie. Lana Condor was a very likeable lead.

No surprise as to why Netflix dropped this when they did.
Old 01-23-20, 05:35 AM

Re: To All the Boys I've Loved Before -- The Trilogy -- S: Lana Condor -- Netflix

So... they are making two sequels for this.
To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You
To All the Boys: Always and Forever, Lara Jean

The second movie comes out next month. Obviously not worth making separate threads.
Anyone else watch the first? I don't watch a lot of the teen movies Netflix put out, but I thought the first was well done.

Last edited by dex14; 01-23-20 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-23-20, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts
Re: To All the Boys I've Loved Before -- The Trilogy -- S: Lana Condor -- Netflix

I haven't seen these (don't have Netflix), but I'd watch Lana Condor read names out of the phone book for 90 minutes. Yes, I've said that before, and about other actresses, but I ain't lyin'.
The following users liked this post:
Ginwen (01-24-20)
Old 01-23-20, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

The first was great and I have been wondering when the second film would come out so it is nice to know it will show up on Netflix in February.
Old 01-24-20, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
I haven't seen these (don't have Netflix), but I'd watch Lana Condor read names out of the phone book for 90 minutes. Yes, I've said that before, and about other actresses, but I ain't lyin'.
She's the Asian Ariel Winter at this point, isn't she?
Old 02-13-20, 05:25 AM

The hotness in this new one is off the charts.
Old 02-13-20, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
The hotness in this new one is off the charts.
I watched all of Deadly Class, but I only kept one episode on my DVR. The one with the punk rock concert and Lana Condor in her underwear. Two things I very much enjoy. But try to guess which of the two is the bigger factor in keeping me from deleting the episode off the DVR....
Old 02-13-20, 11:48 AM

I watched all of Deadly Class, but I only kept one episode on my DVR. The one with the punk rock concert and Lana Condor in her underwear. Two things I very much enjoy. But try to guess which of the two is the bigger factor in keeping me from deleting the episode off the DVR....
You can watch the first movie for free until 3/9:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80203147
Old 02-15-20, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Just finished the 2nd one. Nice sequel, and looking forward to the 3rd one.

Enjoyable set of newcomers to the cast. Compliments the existing cast well.
Old 07-25-20, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Just watched the first two and thought they were really good. The characters are likable but believable, and the humor is good. The little sister was adorable in the first one, but a little less so when older, and had less to do, which makes sense as the emphasis in the second shifted more to the relationship and less to the family.
Old 02-11-21, 02:27 PM

The third film premieres tomorrow.

As Lara Jean Covey prepares for the end of high school and the start of adulthood, a pair of life-changing trips lead her to reimagine what life with her family, friends, and Peter will look like after graduation.
Old 02-12-21, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Wow...forgot about this film series, I tried to get into the second film but I am not sure I was 15 minutes into the film before I decided to stop watching and decided to revisit the movie at a later date. I still want to catch up and despite what I read about the 2nd film being inferior to the first I still have an itch to finish up the trilogy.
Old 02-13-21, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I watched the third one last night and liked it. There was some drama, but not over-the-top angst like I’ve seen in some teen stories. It’s been a while since I saw the first two so I kinda forgot who some of her classmates were, but that’s ok. I thought it was a satisfying wrap-up.

I then made the mistake of watching the Netflix afterparty with David Spade and had to fast-forward through most of it. I don’t think I was ever a Spade fan, but there was way too much schtick from the hosts and not enough of the movie cast.
Old 02-21-21, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Just watched the 3rd one. Pretty formulaic, but still enjoyable. I like the production values for this one.
Looks good for a Netflix film. Decent soundtrack too.

And if you have a significant other like Lara Jean, don’t let that person go haha. She’s a keeper. Put a ring on it

Last edited by MLBFan24; 02-22-21 at 02:52 PM.