Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Stephen King's In The Tall Grass (2019, D: Natali) S: Wilson, De Oliveira -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Stephen King's In The Tall Grass (2019, D: Natali) S: Wilson, De Oliveira -- Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-19, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: Stephen King's In The Tall Grass (2019, D: Natali) S: Wilson, De Oliveira -- Netflix

I thought it was....okay. I enjoyed the novella more. The ending was convoluted and kinda thin but overall i didnt hate it
Old 10-08-19, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: Stephen King's In The Tall Grass (2019, D: Natali) S: Wilson, De Oliveira -- Netflix

I thought the novella was way better as it left so much to the imagination. I ended up shutting this off after an hour or so and have no desire to finish it. Kinda standard hit or miss fare you get from Kings adaptations..
Old 10-08-19, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I thought the novella was way better as it left so much to the imagination.
I haven't watched yet, but I did recently watch 1922 and I think the problem is turning a short story into a 90+ minute movie. It's destined to fail without a brilliant director (Shawshank, Stand By Me, Mist).

King really needs a new series devoted to his short stories. Each episode is a new story. Keep it to forty-five to an hour long. Kinda like Nightmares & Dreamscapes except cover his whole short story/novella catalog. Lastly, it has to be on a premium network so it can't be neutered like N&D.
Old 10-09-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I watched this last night and didn't care for it much. It started out super creepy and then just became repetitive - literally.

Can any body explain
Spoiler:
why the events restarted for the girl and her brother once the boyfriend showed up?
Old 10-09-19, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

My assumption: "nothing makes sense in here". It's not much more explainable than things not going in a straight line.

It appeared the grass and rock needs sacrifice for nutrition. I didn't get much else from the plot than that.

Stay away from Indian burial grounds.
Old 10-11-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

This ended up being a pretty big disappointment for me. I’d been looking forward to it since the first trailer hit.