Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-12-18, 11:02 PM   #1
DVD Talk Legend

The Dead Don't Die (D: Jarmusch) S: Murray, Craig, Gomez, Driver

Quote:
A star-studded cast of actors is currently working on a zombie movie in upstate New York!

Selena Gomez was joined by Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Chloe Sevigny, and Austin Butler on the set of the upcoming Jim Jarmusch film on Thursday (July 12) in Fleischmanns, N.Y.

It looks like Selena and Austin might be playing a couple attacked by zombies while the other three are all playing cops.

While signs on set had the movie title listed as Kill The Head, Bill previously had said the film was called The Dead Don’t Die.

“I’ve got a good job coming up. Brace yourself: It’s a zombie movie,” Bill told Philly back in March. “Jim Jarmusch has written a zombie script that’s so hilarious and it has a cast of great actors: Rosie Perez, Daniel Craig. It’s titled The Dead Don’t Die, and it shoots over the summer. But, no, I will not play a zombie.”
http://www.justjared.com/2018/07/12/...-studded-cast/

Appears it could be a remake of a 1975 TV movie based on the plot summary on IMDb:

Quote:
The story begins in the Illinois State Penitentiary where Ralph Drake is about to be executed for the murder of his wife. At Ralph's request, his brother, Don, sets out to clear his name and find the real murderer. It's a search that takes him into a nightmarish world where no one can be trusted. Don first seeks out Ralph's former employer, Moss, who runs a sleazy marathon dance hall, and enlists his help in finding the murderer. Then Don encounters Vera LaValle who warns him that he is in mortal danger because he is close to uncovering the insidious plan of a man called Varek - the Zombie Master. Learning that his own brother Ralph is a zombie, Don tries to warn the authorities. But will anyone believe him?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071395/reference
Old 07-13-18, 04:46 PM   #2
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Dead Don't Die (D: Jarmusch) S: Murray, Craig, Gomez, Driver

Jim Jarmusch, Bill Murray...SOLD.
Old 07-13-18, 05:51 PM   #3
DVD Talk Hero

Zombies and Jim Jarmusch? I'm in!
Old 07-13-18, 05:53 PM   #4

Yes, please.