Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-12-18, 10:32 AM   #1

Dazed and Confused - Party at the Moontower screening event - Austin, TX

Quote:
“There’s a new fiesta in the making as we speak. It’s out at the Moontower, full kegs, everybody’s going to be there, you ought to go.”

On August 24th, Alamo Drafthouse’s Rolling Roadshow is taking over Austin's Zilker Park Moontower for a 25th anniversary interactive screening of one of the most iconic films of the 1990s, DAZED AND CONFUSED. Director Richard Linklater and members of the cast and crew will be there live and in person for this special one-night-only Movie Party event that benefits the Austin Film Society and Austin Parks Foundation.

Here’s what’s in store for this alright alright alright event:
  • The screening starts at dark, but the epic pre-party starts at 6pm with live music. Pro-tip: you’ll wanna arrive early for the best seats (bring your own chair). Doors at 5pm.
  • Because this is an Alamo Drafthouse Movie Party, we’ll be providing interactive elements like pacifiers, purity pledges, and, of course, paddles.
  • There'll be plenty of full kegs of Independence Brewing Co.’s Native Texan beer on hand and a cash bar, so come thirsty.
  • Longbranch Bourbon, a collaboration between Matthew McConaughey and Wild Turkey will be available as well as Skyy Vodka in pre-mixed keg cocktails.
  • Texas-based lifestyle brand Kendra Scott Designs will be at the event with a special pop-up shop.
  • Food vendors will be present on site.
  • Parking at Zilker Park will be free.

This event is presented by Independence Brewery, Longbranch Bourbon, Skyy Vodka, Kendra Scott, Austin Parks Foundation, and Austin Film Society.

About DAZED AND CONFUSED

It just might be the most endlessly watchable movie of all-time. Anchored by a talented young cast that includes an iconic performance by Matthew McConaughey, director Richard Linklater's deeply personal take on the last day of school in 1976 and the teen cliques that populate a small Texas town avoids teen movie clichés for something entirely unique. His honest approach and what feels like effortless execution makes DAZED a hilarious, genuine and true portrait of Austin in the mid-1970s.

FAQs & Info:

DOORS at 5pm. Movie starts after sunset (8:30pm or later)

Event Entrance: Southwest corner of Barton Springs Road and Stratford Drive
Austin, TX 78704

Tickets - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dazed-a...ED%2BMoontower
Damn this is cool. I would go to Austin for this.
Old 07-12-18, 12:50 PM   #2
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Dazed and Confused - Party at the Moontower screening event - Austin, TX

I didn't realize how much I had become Wooderson, till I remembered Adam Goldberg's line "You thought he was cute? Do you realize when he graduated we were like three years old?"

I went to an 80's "prom" where someone asked when I graduated and I said, '86.. then I realized my date was born in '83.
Old 07-12-18, 11:07 PM   #3
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
I went to an 80's "prom" where someone asked when I graduated and I said, '86.. then I realized my date was born in '83.
Old 07-13-18, 12:17 AM   #4
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wish they did one of these in Tennessee. I love Dazed and Confused! It's one of my all time favorite movies. I may have to get my Criterion Blu-ray out and watch it again this weekend now.
Old 07-13-18, 10:41 AM   #5
Political Exile

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Can someone give me a ten second explanation of the moontower? Is what we see in the film the actual moontower? Thanks.