Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

AMC Stubs A-List -- movie theatre subscription

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

AMC Stubs A-List -- movie theatre subscription

Old 09-03-18, 01:44 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
re: AMC Stubs A-List -- movie theatre subscription

Originally Posted by DJariya
I reserved "The Predator" for Thursday the 13th. I can't remember, but does that actually take up a spot?
Yes.
Old 09-03-18, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

I know it takes up a reservation spot, but one of my Movie spots says "Unavailable" still. As I said, I just saw Searching on Thursday, so wondering if it's just not showing up for some reason.
Old 09-03-18, 01:46 PM

I know it takes up a reservation spot, but one of my Movie spots says "Unavailable" still. As I said, I just saw Searching on Thursday, so wondering if it's just not showing up for some reason.
It resets Friday. The unavailable is being caused by Predator. I reserved my 2001 IMAX ticket like 3 weeks in advance and had Unavailable in a spot the entire time.
Old 09-03-18, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dex14
It resets Friday. The unavailable is being caused by Predator. I reserved my 2001 IMAX ticket like 3 weeks in advance and had Unavailable in a spot the entire time.
Alright cool. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-17-18, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

https://deadline.com/2018/09/amc-the...ts-1202465720/

A-List can Now be used with Fandango and Atom Tickets.

Not really sure about the benefits of that.
Old 09-17-18, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts

Only thing I can see - I have a Fandango gift card that I would never use with Moviepass or AMC A list. This, maybe, would let me use that gift card and my AList-covered ticket, and maybe even avoid a convenience fee on Fandango with the A-List membership.
If that's not it, well, I'm not sure what the benefit would be. (I never use Fandango so maybe there's some advantage it gives, but I think the AMC App is one of the most convenient app I've ever used. My only complaint is it makes me sign in more often than I think it should, but other than that, the app works great and is very convenient/easy to use.)
Old 09-17-18, 11:00 AM

https://deadline.com/2018/09/amc-the...ts-1202465720/

A-List can Now be used with Fandango and Atom Tickets.

Not really sure about the benefits of that.
Yea, I don't think I understand the benefits of that either. Though, since AMC Stubs members didn't pay fees anyway (and A-List includes Stubs benefits) maybe it's just built into whatever agreement they had.

I guess you would get Fandango points now booking through them.
Old 10-04-18, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/a...rs-1202969290/

Now over 400,000 subscribers.
Old 11-05-18, 12:19 PM

On behalf of everyone at AMC Theatres, thank you for being one of our very first AMC Stubs A‑Listers. When we launched AMC Stubs A‑List back in June, we did so with the idea that moviegoing could and should be more accessible, convenient and affordable. Candidly, we are blown away and so appreciative that so many movie fans throughout the United States have agreed. In just 4 ½ months from the program’s launch, more than 500,000 people will have joined A‑List. Already, after only a few months’ time, one in every 10 guests at an AMC theatre across the country is a member of A‑List and that number seems to grow every day.

With other subscription services facing severe operational and financial headwinds, some had incorrectly speculated that the valuable benefits to you of A‑List might not endure. To the contrary, we believe that A‑List is a runaway success for AMC, and you’ll likely be pleased to learn that AMC Stubs A‑List is here to stay.

AMC Stubs A‑List for 2019

With 2019 being right around the corner, we made three announcements today about the future of A‑List for the coming year ahead, which we wanted to share with you right away:

1. A‑List has become a permanent feature of AMC, with all the benefits you have come to enjoy remaining fully intact without any change. You will still be able to reserve in advance, ticket online at no charge, and see up to 3 movies per week at any of our theatres across the United States in any of our formats including IMAX, Dolby Cinema, PRIME at AMC, BigD and RealD 3D. All the great benefits you signed up for are staying the same.

2. You are so important to us that we actually will be enhancing the benefits we offer to A‑List members. Effectively immediately, we are lowering the minimum age for A‑Listers from 18 to 16, and also allowing households to use a common credit card as the payment method for separate, individual A‑List accounts. By June of 2019, so that more of you can book the choice seats that you want online in advance, we will roll out reserved seating to all of our AMC branded theatres and to all of our AMC Dine In branded theatres across the U.S. (Reserved seating is not being introduced to AMC Classic branded theatres at this time). Also by June, we will introduce for our guests in metropolitan New York, Boston, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco the opportunity for online Mobile Ordering of food and beverage at all AMC branded theatres. Order on our web site or smartphone app, and your food and drinks will be ready and waiting for you at the theatre. In addition, Mobile Ordering is already in place and will continue to be offered at 52 AMC theatres in some 24 cities. We have been listening carefully to your feedback, so other exciting enhancements to the AMC experience are also in the works. We intend to do all we can to make A‑List better and better for you. AMC is adding additional benefits to A‑List and to the AMC experience.

3. We are holding the line on the pricing of A‑List. It goes without saying that for all of you of course, our 12-month price and benefits guarantee from date of enrollment will be fully honored. Your monthly price of $19.95 plus tax will remain unchanged for a full year from the date of your joining. In 35 states, the monthly price for new or renewing members will also stay unchanged at $19.95 plus tax. Given the popularity and growth of A‑List, we are making a modest price adjustment in a select number of locations. Beginning January 9 of 2019, in 10 states (Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington) and the District of Columbia, the monthly price for new members (and for renewing members 12 months after they signed up initially) will rise only modestly to $21.95 plus tax; while in 5 states (California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York), it will go up to $23.95 plus tax, still a terrific bargain given the cost of individual movie tickets there. Let me reiterate that for you at AMC, your monthly price of $19.95 plus tax will stay intact without change for 12 full months from the date you joined no matter where you live or visit AMC.

Looking ahead, we continue to believe that you are entitled to know what you can expect from us with reliability and predictability. Accordingly, we intend to run A‑List with transparency and clarity. To that end, we will fully honor our initial 12-month guarantee protecting you against any increases in pricing or reductions in benefits, and that same 12-month offer will extend to any of your family or friends who enroll in A‑List by January 8, 2019. Additionally, today we hereby also are announcing that we will never change your program prices or benefits without giving you at least 90-days advance notice. Having said that, you should also know that beyond what is described in this message, no other changes for the A‑List program are envisioned at this time.

We continue to be thrilled with the response to A‑List and hope that you are enjoying your star status at AMC.

Sincerely,

Adam Aron
CEO and President
AMC Theatres
Old 11-05-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk God

A $4 price hike for me isn’t a deal breaker. It’s still a great deal. Movies are very expensive to see in California so I’m not surprised about the price increase,
Old 11-05-18, 12:39 PM

$4 for me too, but not until the end of July.
Old 11-05-18, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Yup I also joined A-List at the end of July. So it will be good through next Summer movie going season.

But, I still plan on keeping it through then.

Now that I have this, I never visit my local Regal, Harkins or Krikorian anymore. Only exception was when I saw Halloween at Regal to fulfill the digital code promotion. A friend gave me a 4 Cinemark movie GC's last December and I used 2 of the 4 until I got A-List. I rarely visit that theater since it's about 30 minutes away. It's actually not really convenient going there.

So A-List has pretty much wiped out other theaters I used to use.
Old 11-05-18, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

So if you join now before the price hike, are you not locked in for that price for 12 months anymore?
Old 11-05-18, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
So if you join now before the price hike, are you not locked in for that price for 12 months anymore?
It seems like as long as you do it before January 9 you're locked in.
Old 11-05-18, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

I just wish they had addressed a possible family plan for people with kids under 16. What if your kid is 16 or 17 and doesn't have a driver's license too?
Old 11-05-18, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Old 11-05-18, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

While I appreciate the advance notice and attempt to avoid the shenanigans, I am not as accepting as others here. I think the concept of doing it on a statewide basis is a little ridiculous. If you wanted to do a higher price in major metropolitan areas, OK, I could understand that. But to imply the costs are the same in Springfield, IL and Chicago, IL is ludicrous.

Then again, I have always complained that they are overpriced for Springfield. I guess this is their way of admitting that.

Yes, it is still a deal, but that's not the point.

So how do I change my location? I can use it anywhere ...
Old 11-05-18, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I have the app with a ticket and QR code, it's really annoying that I have to show my ID to get in. If they're worried about people sharing logins, only authorize one device per account at a time. Ban accounts that switch frequently. Just kind of a pain in the ass that I don't take advantage of any of the other benefits, so essentially I pay extra for the privilege to show my ID. I don't drive anymore and I don't get carded at bars or grocery stores when I buy a beer, so I pretty much only have to carry my ID in case I want to spontaneously see a movie.
Old 11-06-18, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts

Seems to be a reasonable price increase and with plenty of notice (of course, i'm not in one of the
affected states).
I think they are really taken by surprise by how successful it's been. Of course, it could almost be free, and they would still "make" money.
Last time I went, I saw two movies in one day (Goosebumps and Halloween, for a halloween double feature) and bought food at each showing (popcorn then pretzels). I brought my drink to the second theater for the free refill and thought about doing the same for popcorn but I was sick of popcorn by that time.
It does seem odd that it's not certain metro areas but maybe that's harder to administer/monitor.
I agree with the ID check being a hassle, but I didn't think about people sharing logins.
Haven't been to Regal either since getting this, although I've got a $50 Regal gift card so i will surely go sometime.
Anyway, I'm pleased with A List so far. My only concern, other than not having enough time to see more movies, is that I don't want it to get *too* successful, but that's me being selfish.
Old 11-06-18, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
When I have the app with a ticket and QR code, it's really annoying that I have to show my ID to get in. If they're worried about people sharing logins, only authorize one device per account at a time. Ban accounts that switch frequently. Just kind of a pain in the ass that I don't take advantage of any of the other benefits, so essentially I pay extra for the privilege to show my ID. I don't drive anymore and I don't get carded at bars or grocery stores when I buy a beer, so I pretty much only have to carry my ID in case I want to spontaneously see a movie.

"Look, you have to show ID when you buy groceries, right?"

It is annoying though. Of course you can use your QR code and print physical tickets at the kiosk and that should work without providing ID.
Old 11-06-18, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
It is annoying though. Of course you can use your QR code and print physical tickets at the kiosk and that should work without providing ID.
I am pretty sure I went to a kiosk and printed ticket and the ticket says A-list show ID. Half the time they ask for ID from me, half the time they don't.

I got bumped $2. I think $25 will be my breaking point. A lot of shows I see are special events that aren't eligible for A-list.
Old 11-06-18, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

I signed up last July so I'm good for $20 until then, and then $22 in Florida.

Either way, an incredible bargain. I have become a HUGE fan of and believer in A-List. I've seen more movies in theaters this year than ever before, and AMC has earned my repeat business by offering a quality product. I also enjoy adult movies
Old 11-18-18, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk God

So almost 4 months later (signed up in August)

I've seen 24 movies. Retail= $325.86 This includes a few IMAX showings that cost $16.99 to $17.99 each.

Billings= August through October= $59.85

Yeah I think I got my money's worth
Old 11-18-18, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm at 61 since I joined at the end of June. I just did the math on that. It's a crazy number.

Since the first abbreviated week I've maxed out all but two weeks...one b/c I had family commitments and couldn't get the third movie in; the other b/c AMC screwed me by listing my last show on a Thursday night as my first show on a Friday...they gave me 1500 reward points as compensation for that.

I think it's because I feel like cheated myself if I don't get all three movies in. I see a lot more crap than I used to these days.
Old 11-28-18, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 918 Likes on 641 Posts

Finally joined. Just saw Wreck it Ralph. I doubt it if I'll be able to max it out but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.