Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Different Movies Using the Same Obscure Location(s)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-02-18, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Alright, so I was watching the latest episode of Best of the Worst and one of the films they watched was Demonwarp and in that, the cabin/house they shot at was the one from Friday the 13th: Part 4, so I'm wondering, what other movies have people seen that used an obscure location in different movies? Not talking about city landmarks or anything like that.
Old 06-02-18, 05:26 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
Re: Different Movies Using the Same Obscure Location(s)

Quality Cafe in LA. According to wikipedia, it was used in:
Training Day, Old School, Se7en, Ghost World, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Stepfather, What's Love Got to Do with It, Sex and Death 101, and Catch Me If You Can. It was also featured in Season 1 of the 2007 television series Mad Men, in the episode "5G".
Old 06-02-18, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

There's a bar called Torchy's, with animated neon torches as part of its sign, that's appeared in a few movies that took place in different cities- remember it in 48 Hrs, When a Stranger Calls and Brewster's Millions. Always wondered the story on that.
Old 06-02-18, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're a fan of Hong Kong kung fu movies, you know this location, overlooking Clearwater Bay in HK (I think.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5SZNU5OR2Cc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There was a joke that if the camera panned too far during one kung fu film, you'd see another one being filmed there!
Old 06-03-18, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Zero Boys (1986) and Twisted Nightmare (1987) used the same location/house/barn seen in Friday the 13th Part III (1982). Though IMDb list 50+ film, TV and music videos shot there, so I guess it is not that obscure. Most recently the location appeared in episode The Riddle of the Sphinx (2018) from the series Westworld.