Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

American Animals (2018, D: Layton) S: Evan Peters, Barry Keoghan, Blake Jenner

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-18, 05:41 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tmJYELj-jNE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The unbelievable but true story of four young men who brazenly attempt to execute one of the most audacious art heists in US history. Determined to live lives that are out of the ordinary, they formulate a daring plan for the perfect robbery, only to discover that the plan has taken on a life of its own.
Opens this week. Currently 88% on RT: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/american_animals

MoviePass has a stake in this.
Old 06-15-18, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: American Animals (2018, D: Layton) S: Evan Peters, Barry Keoghan, Blake Jenner

Saw this earlier this evening.

Previously, the closest theaters that were screening this film were all in San Francisco, CA, about an hour away from where I live. Luckily, a theater I go to in the County over started screening this today!

I enjoyed this! I fully believe that the stylistic choices regarding the narrative (and some visual elements) will divide audiences but I appreciated them, as they gave a new coat of paint on a very familiar Genre-structure.

Solid performances from all 4 leads, even if the script isn't consistently deep.
Old 06-24-18, 11:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: American Animals (2018, D: Layton) S: Evan Peters, Barry Keoghan, Blake Jenner

Opened here this weekend and I caught an evening showing. Great Flick with good performances all around. Definitely looking forward to seeing more from this director in the future.
Old 06-24-18, 11:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Saw this earlier this evening.

Previously, the closest theaters that were screening this film were all in San Francisco, CA, about an hour away from where I live. Luckily, a theater I go to in the County over started screening this today!

I enjoyed this! I fully believe that the stylistic choices regarding the narrative (and some visual elements) will divide audiences but I appreciated them, as they gave a new coat of paint on a very familiar Genre-structure.

Solid performances from all 4 leads, even if the script isn't consistently deep.
I agree fully on the stylistic choices and the visual elements. They’re definitely jarring at first but once I got accustomed to them, they weren’t distracting at all and never took me out of the story.
Old 08-29-18, 07:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Just getting into this. Really pulls you in quickly...
Old 01-30-19, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

This is on Cinemax now.

A fun movie to watch and much better than what I expected.

Spoiler:
It could have been a lot worse if the librarian died though 7 years in federal prison is no fun.

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 01-31-19 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-30-19, 08:05 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Yea, this was a good one. Great performances.
Old 01-31-19, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Barry Keoghan one of those guys you recognize but can't remember the name